Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

He's not calling assists in the air. The player hits the assist button right before he jumps to do Sentsuizan. Anyone who's played his trials in Mission Mode knows this.

As for your new team, I have to say this straight out: you still have problems with figuring out the right team order. Try Nemesis/Firebrand/Shuma. Nemesis is a much better point than Firebrand due to his ease of use and super armor at the start of the match. He DHCs really well into Firebrand's Dark Fire and if you have the Demon Missile Swoop assist (the Y assist IIRC) you can use it to open up the opponent. Shuma is best used as an anchor for one simple reason: Chaos Dimension. One of the most powerful grab supers in the game, especially if you mash while doing it. In addition, his Mystic Ray assist is both an OTG and it hits full screen, so it works well in covering your approach too.

I played Mission Mode, but I forgot that mission. :/

Also I've gotten significantly better with Strider OTG into Wall Cling with Vergil's Rapid Slash assist, now all I need is to not panic and drop the combo during matches. It seems I can do better with either Zero or Strider on point now. Now the only problem is Vergil assist combos with Zero or Strider, and avoiding dropping Zero's Buster Cancel combos. I know people said use Vergil's 3H (call Strider) 3H again Hyper...but that doesn't really do much. How do I relaunch with Vergil when Strider hits with Vajira from OTG if I don't want to end in Vergil's Dimension Slash? What other uses does 3H Trick Cancel have?

Right now I've also been trying to do: (L charge buster)MH6H S j.2H falling j.M *Level 3 Buster) Raikousen (land) M S j.MMHS (land) (Vergil Assist) Sentsuizan into...um...? by then they tech though.

Can someone help me fix this combo?

Also thanks for the team advice, I'll work on it some more.

Got my first rage mail in the form of a Voice Message earlier, sodium-induced by mostly Wesker in my Frank West/Dante/Wesker team.

EDIT: True statements below.

Got my first rage mail in the form of a Voice Message earlier, sodium-induced by mostly Wesker

Yeah you could've just left it at that. Ultimate Wesker is a giant salt factory for many reasons.

My favorite part of playing online is coming across someone who's got a record like 30 wins, 0 losses and a 12 game win streak. I just think "Oh yeah, this guy must be legit." and proceed to play so lame it'd make Dieminion salty.

Okay...this is a shout-out to Popnlocker from SRK, sorta...

He picks my team says "I don't play ur chars" and proceeds to thrash me and screw my defenses up to the point where I'm panicking every time I play him and dropping combos left and right. He does this WITH MY TEAM....ghrrrrrhhhhhh....

Dammit why isn't he playing HnH this week on Heroes Side!? I swear some of you guys are scary as hell in this game.

I get all my rage mail from Magneto. Hurr durr fagneto how original. Also from shooting down all friendly and enemy air support in MWF3 but ughh these two games are so salty

I get all my rage mail from Magneto. Hurr durr fagneto how original. Also from shooting down all friendly and enemy air support in MWF3 but ughh these two games are so salty

MW3 is way more of a salty game than UMvC3 imo, and besides, WHO CARES about MW3?

Now, back on topic:

I would like to know what the pros and cons of my new main team (consisting of Dr. Doom, Dormammu, and Dante (Taking a breaking from using Vergil)) would be, and what order would be the best way possible for those three characters.

I would like to know what the pros and cons of my new main team (consisting of Dr. Doom, Dormammu, and Dante (Taking a breaking from using Vergil)) would be, and what order would be the best way possible for those three characters.

I'm not too much of an expert on Dante or Doom, but I use Dormammu. This team might have trouble against fast characters with good mixup assists. Put Dante on point instead of Doom with Crystal assist. Crystal can OTG if timed right and covers a lot of ground. Dormammu is good anywhere, but I prefer him as the anchor because he can be a huge meter hog. Obviously you'll want to use Dark Hole as an assist, which also covers a lot of ground, and you can use it as a combo extender if spaced right. Doom is good anywhere, really. All of his assists are good and he's a very solid character overall, even though his combos are a bit wonky.

Does anyone know how to use Thor properly? I'm thinking about using him as a battery for Strider.

Playing Phoenix on point is hilarous. :kitty:

I should really try putting together a real team though, I've been running:

Strider (Vajra)/Doom (Missiles)/Phoenix (TK Shot)

Ghost Rider (Heartless Spire)/Viper (Burning Kick)/Doom (Plasma Beam)

Chun-Li (Lightning Legs)/Sentinel (Drones)/Doom (Missiles)

Occasionally I like to run Frank (Shopping Cart)/Viper (Burn Kick)/Dr. Strange (Bolts of Balthakk)

I'm sure I could mix and match these teams and get something better, like Viper/Doom/Strider or Viper/Sentinel/Phoenix.

I've gotten an RQ penalty while playing H&H once, and I ended my game normally...I think something is wrong with how the post-game loads up after a match.

Welp, the case for DLC just got a gaping big hole in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTXGsrmJONg

And in case this video goes down, here's how you do it:

1. Pick a character With an Alt or H Color (including Assist Type)

2. Hover over the character you want to Glitch.

3. Cancel Once

4. Cancel again and briefly afterwards hit L1 (the window of time is small to do this, but don't do it too fast, it's like an FRC lol).

If you did it right, H or Alt will appear, regardless if that character already has only H or already has only Alt in advance.

I tested this and it works on everyone, though the prerequisite for H colors requires you to have played and won an H color in advance.

So much for Dictator Magneto being banned... :toot::rolleyes:

Costume Glitch is so godly. Capcom was stupid for denying us Swagneto out of misplaced fear of getting sued.

This is just step one of getting back at Capcom for fucking everybody over with Activision-style marketing and Namco-style DLC tactics.

Costume Glitch is so godly. Capcom was stupid for denying us Swagneto out of misplaced fear of getting sued.

This is just step one of getting back at Capcom for fucking everybody over with Activision-style marketing and Namco-style DLC tactics.

You gotta explain the story behind that to me one of these days...

All that means to me is 1. I still need to earn Silver Strider and 2. Nothing else matters.

Marvel vs Capcom: Origins coming to PSN and XBL this September, this is just a port of the original game with the same additions and implementations as 3SO. It'll run $14.99/1200MSP

Didn't feel like making a separate thread for this, lol

EDIT: Also anyone hear about the rumors of UMvC3: Uncanny Edition?

Supposedly to be revealed at EVO and released digitally next month for $14.99/1200MSP (with a disc compilation in Sept for $40) and apparently will feature:

-Four new characters: Mega Man, Cyclops, Servbot, and Ant-Man

-Two new modes: Survival, Time Attack

-No Hud changes

-Features from the PS Vita version of Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3

-New moves and outfits for certain characters

first MvC3X now this, well EVO is just around the corner lol