Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

Mind listing which characters have these options...? For future reference. I kinda started to think this was Arcana Heart 1...that's how confusing it sounds.

Magneto, Storm and Iron Man, for example, have both. Characters like Trish, Sentinel or Dr. Strange (supposedly in his case) only have flight.

I don't think there's a character has only has 8-way dash without flight.

EDIT : Oh wait yes, there's C. Viper.

Thanks, guess I never tried it.

I mean, airdashing UP in a game where most characters can't do that...who the hell tests that out?!

There isn't really a standard movement pattern in MvC3, the game is largely defined by the huge variety and disparity in movement options between the cast. Characters with 8 way airdash are usually more popular than others because of the extra maneuvrability it gives them, making them better at rushdown and harder to corner, though the teleport ability is also highly sought after for the same reasons.

Some characters even have ghetto 8 way dash, like Wolverine's Drill Claw and Thor's Mighty something or other.

I don't think I've ever used Drill Claw to defensively get away from someone.... o.O

Well, I'll just chalk it up to it being MAHVEL.

I guess me coming from Guilty Gear, means I expected airdash standards. Shows what I know. I'll test it out next time, no matter what fighting game it is, lol

Thanks for understanding.

Blade: Magneto/Storm/Iron Man/Trish/Doom/Dormammu/Phoenix/Viper/Thor/Modok all have 8-way airdashes. (all have flight except Viper)

Magneto, Storm and Iron Man, for example, have both. Characters like Trish, Sentinel or Dr. Strange (supposedly in his case) only have flight.

iirc trish has 8-way dash

This sounds like Noah's UMvC3 team

:v:

8way air dash is huge! i mean the ability to triangle dash is crazy good (you know 9 to dash3) lets you get quick high low chains as well as crossups if you are close enough.

as far as dashing directly up, it actually can be very useful, especially in a team game. i often dash up with dorm to get out of crazy crossups and traps when he gets snapped in or someone dies. (dash up to fly or teleport) the 8way airdash is also good with flight mode because you can dash 3 9 3 9 to get quick succession air dashes to increase your speed.

Nigga, Trish has an 8 way dash as well as flight.

8way air dash is huge! i mean the ability to triangle dash is crazy good (you know 9 to dash3) lets you get quick high low chains as well as crossups if you are close enough.

as far as dashing directly up, it actually can be very useful, especially in a team game. i often dash up with dorm to get out of crazy crossups and traps when he gets snapped in or someone dies. (dash up to fly or teleport) the 8way airdash is also good with flight mode because you can dash 3 9 3 9 to get quick succession air dashes to increase your speed.

What's the "numerical input" for a Triangle Dash?

jump then any direction + AB example

8,3AB do it as soon as you jumped

Thor's Mighty something or other.

Mighty strike, and like this move which is projectile invincibility. Some of these ghetto airway dashes have special properties.