Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

Out of all the roster, here are my pleasant surprises:

Dr. Strange

Nemesis

Vergil

Ghost Rider

Iron Fist (who is basically Gene)

Strider

"Who the hell are you" guys:

Nova

Rocket Racoon

And "What the hell why not Francisca how will you fight goddamn":

Nick

Overall, I guess I am happy with this. Still going to be fun to play with friends.

Rocket Raccoon is a 70's Marvel comic hero. Iron Fist and Gene have nothing in common. Nothing whatsoever. Nova is another lesser know Marvel character, basically you sort of equate him to being Marvel's version of a Green Lantern as he belongs to the NovaCorps which is an intergalactic policing agency.

Finding out rocket raccoon is set to appear in the avengers cartoon and that hawkeye will be in the avengers movie makes the roster now make perfect sense. Its basically some advertising.

No females? Fuck you Capcom...FUCK YOU CAPCOM.

asdf i love female characters as much as the next person but is this really a source of rage

Only if you are using MvC art to masturbate. Not judging anyone who does, but I think an all male add would be sort of hard to raise a flag for unless you like it like that.

floe updated with his thoughts on umvc3finalmix+

When you x-factor your character goes into like a shadow mode rather then just glowing red. Im not totally sure but the game felt a little slower. Or jumps are slower in general or something, Im not totally sure but basic Dormammu combos seemed strange for no reason (?).

It also seems like the “invisible life” is gone and the full life bar is now shown (?).

The dhc glitch is gone.

The exchange glitch is gone.

Heres what i can remember for characters i played and/or saw (if theres a (?) next to something it means its an assumption and don’t take it as fact.

Akuma – Tatsu assist doesn’t cause a soft knockdown anymore you flip out now. Lv3 xfactor Light tatsu infinite doesn’t work anymore.

Arthur – seems like he has more life? really not sure tho (?). (Editor’s Note – Arthur’s air S makes him dive to the ground very quickly now, allowing him to combo easily)

Chun – Apparently has a new move but i didn’t see it.

Ryu – 2 new moves that i saw, a charged fireball (qcf+s hold) that you can do on the ground or in the air and it wall bounces if it hits..its also invisible and just hits the opponent no matter where they are (on the ground) and charged srk (dp+s hold). Didn’t really see much use for this.

Wesker – Seemed like he had less health (?) .

Magneto – Disruptor MUCH slower, dashes seem slower, couldn’t do the old hypergrav infinite in the corner but i might have just been bad, but it felt different for sure i think fierce is slower or hypergrav comes out slower not sure. New move, cant remember if it was dp or reverse dp with any button, its whatever ISNT the counter, he basically puts like this magnetic field around you that pushes you in a direction. A version he sucks you into him, B version pushes you away, and C version sucks you to the ground. Seems REALLY good to make up for the stuff he lost.

Phoenix – she gets 1 action in the air now then she falls to the ground. I don’t know if she cant block during this state or if she just cant press a button. I doubt she cant block but its still nice that she can only throw one fireball now and cant run away with it.

She Hulk – relaunch combo seemed harder? but again i could have just been sucking (?).

Storm – New move dp/backwards dp with S. Gust of wind goes on the screen and either pushes you away (forward dp) or towards her (backwards dp). Its like magneto’s but worse.

Taskmaster – has a new move but i didn’t see it (Editor’s Note – it is a sword stab that ends in a gun shot, that currently can be seen at the end of his sword master skill chain)

Wolverine – berserker slash now much slower and not invincible. Can be hit very easily (Editor’s Note – Wolvie’s new move is called Swiss Cheese (he actually says it) and it looks like a mash move (think lightning legs).)

Strider – at first i hated him and thought he was terrible but as i played with him more i realized he’s REALLY good with the right assists and super fun. Strider/sent is basically mvc2 strider/sent but with mvc1 strider damage. The satellite disappears if you’re hit. He can otg with the bomb satellite so you can do regular air combo,tog bomb xx ragnarok and ragnarok does a TON.

I also think his air dash thingies have some kind of invincibility but im not sure how much and where it is. His keepaway game is also very good with dog/bird/satelite. He doesn’t have his ground teleport anymore, he only has 3. One that goes in the air infront, inback, and then the divekick one. He can attack after all of these and also after the airdash ones that go down/forward/up.

Orbs seems very good too but i didn’t try it much but the discs go extremely fast and it lasts for a very substantial amount of time.

Ghost Rider – he’s really weird i didn’t really get the hang of him today besides a run away strategy. His jumping s is very good does good damage and angles down/forward and goes full screen basically. His j.c is basically like ammy’s whip mode j.c where it covers a big circle. Actually now that i think about it he plays a lot like ammy in whip mode all together because he cant combo LMH like every other character, he has to do L M S for a combo.

His ground fire assist otg’s but is kinda slow. His forward whip assist seems pretty good because its fast and full screen. He also has 3 whip moves the A verson grabs you and puts you right next to him to be otg’d but all i could do was the ground fire into nothing. Maybe with an tog assist that will help him a lot. He definitely seems like a run away character.

Firebrand – would have liked to play much more with him but i was having so much fun with strider thats like what i focussed on the most. But he seems very good. He has 3 different angles to start his fly which can lead to interesting overheads/mixups. The best one seemed to be the B version which goes up/forward right above their head so its a pretty decent crossup. He also has a divekick type move d+c, but when someone was super-jumping at me and blocking it it would just bounce me back up and i could do it again. That happened 4 times so i would say that he could do that indefinitely. It might be a decent way to run away if it has good priority.

asdf i love female characters as much as the next person but is this really a source of rage

Only if you are using MvC art to masturbate. Not judging anyone who does, but I think an all male add would be sort of hard to raise a flag for unless you like it like that.

I'm just trolling, I'm not actually angry. I do play all female characters in every game except Street Fighter though. Just personal preference.

I still haven't seen anyone in the roster who I feel like I'll click with, though, male or female.

I said this before but, I'm going to try:

Strider + Zero + Deadpool (or swap Deadpool for Wolverine/Dante)

Though actually I wanna give Virgil a try. :)

The dhc glitch is gone.

The exchange glitch is gone.

Akuma – Tatsu assist doesn’t cause a soft knockdown anymore you flip out now. Lv3 xfactor Light tatsu infinite doesn’t work anymore.

Wolverine – berserker slash now much slower and not invincible

Welp, I'm sold.

no way for wolverine to get in, and tatsuma is now useless as an assist

ummm, false and false. with a good assist wolverine still has a good game, its just not insanely good. lock em down with doom beam and then you have a 50/50 crossup with slash, or hell use sent drones and do it mid assist.

as far as akuma tatsu, it still comes out fast and goes across the whole damn screen.

They're still good, just not brainless "throw it out see what happens it's zero risk anyway" good like they are now.

The enormous difference in power between Zero's and Wolverine's crossover special always boggled my mind. Why would you make it invincible AND super cancellable ? One or the other, christ.

> akuma tatsu

yeah, but the whole point is being able to combo after the tatsu assist which you can't do anymore iirc

> wolverine herpderp

it's not invul anymore and I heard they were nerfing doom beam or something to make it come out as slow as disrupter does now

they will flip out, but you can start the combo before they do.

and for b slash, sure its not invincible but if you are using an assist they are going to have to block anyway, they wont be attacking. you need to actually set it up!! OMG thinking as part of the game!

Good to see Dustloop accentuating the negative, one of their favorite passtimes. Strider-Chris-Rocks. Like 40 bucks will stop you from buying it.

Here's a funny thing. Anyone else realize that Capcom's job is to make money? If they successfully get you to pay fourty dollars for MVC3 again then hey they succeeded. You can always voice your displeasure by not buying the game. Vote with your money. Me I like everything they are doing with the game and I think it is worth fourty bucks hence I will buy it.

Also I am really psyched about the balance changes. Less powerful wolverine. Nefred phoenix. Yes please.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Good to see Dustloop accentuating the negative, one of their favorite passtimes. Strider-Chris-Rocks. Like 40 bucks will stop you from buying it.
I like how the argument for not being negative is a negative comment.

Oh wait, Phoenix is being nerfed?

BisonYes.jpg

And who said it was an argument to stop being negative? I was just saying a lot of people who are salty about 40 bucks will still buy it and salt about balance anyway.