Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firekid2

"Darkstalkers are not dead" The future of this series:

Comic-Con 2011:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/21/darkstalkers-are-not-dead-new-game-announced/

What is this?

LA Comic-con 2012:

Another Comic-Con, another Darkstalkers tease from Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono. Siliconera is reporting that, during yesterday’s Street Fighter 25th Anniversary presentation, Ono took the stage in his classic Blanka costume to discuss the event a bit before moving onto a wildly different topic.

Referencing a request he made last year asking audience members to hold up $10 and $20 bills so that he could send a picture to Capcom, Ono mentioned that there would be no need for any special stunts this year. While this can be misconstrued in a “glass half-empty” sort of way, Ono promised that it wasn’t necessarily bad news, and that he couldn’t speak further on the subject for fear of getting in trouble.

A rumor reported earlier this year by Venture Beat said the game would possibly use a tweaked version of the Street Fighter x Tekken engine, which itself is a spin-off from the Street Fighter IV engine.

Source: Siliconera,

RUMOR June 2012:

Here's something interesting that popped up recently. I was a little surprised it hasn't been posted here or in the SRK thread. Obviously this isn't anything solid, but even news as unreliable as this can be interesting to mull over when we have so little in regards to the Darkstalkers franchise.

Regarding Darkstalkers 4:

- The Japanese name is Vampire Resurrection. The Western release will be titled Darkstalkers 4: Vampire Resurrection.

- It is in development, but it is still early on. It will be running on a modified SFxT engine. Don’t expect to see so much as a trailer for a few months at least, and no gameplay for a few months after that.

- The only characters I know will be returning (as of now, it could still change) are Morrigan, Felicia, Hsien-ko, Demitri and B.B. Hood. The only new character I am aware of is apparently a human Dark Hunter named Will who wields two shotguns, and fights mainly by striking with them, but can also shoot.

- It is being developed for PS3 and Vita only at the moment, but that could change in the future.

February 2012:

Capcom re-applies for trademark of DARKSTALKERS.

E3 2012:

*Skip to 2:14s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=tP79Bs_Lt_o#t=2m14s

EVO2012:

Sako-Noko shows interest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0vsPZZtqK5E

NY Comic-con 2012:

Capcom releases Darkstalkers RESURRECTION announcement for a New-Age port of Darkstalkers 1 & 3 w/ HD filters & online options.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/10/11/darkstalkers-resurrection-coming-to-xbla-psn-in-2013

Capcom shows opening cinematic for new Darkstalkers 4!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q_skngJlTDg

Why, that looks like a teaser for the best announcement ever. Though I wonder if it's going to turn 3D, too. Those animations are way too hard to draw in 3D.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/22/mega-man-gene-god-hand-were-final-umvc3-character-pool/

>• About the Darkstalkers "announcement" it's just Ono trying to get the game made, he wasn't trolling or trying to mislead. Svensson called the sites that posted the Darkstalkers is being remade story "bad reporting," Ono just wants to stir up interest so he can get the game in development.

:/

So, they are basically still dead, and Ono just wants to use false (though unintentional) advertisement to have it made? I don't get it, and I really hope that it won't turn out to be another MML3.

I will play this game.

T&A motherfucker.

T&A.

i wuldnt be surprised if they announce some sorth of VS/VH colection online for psn and live after a while tbh

i wuldnt be surprised if they announce some sorth of VS/VH colection online for psn and live after a while tbh

As long as everyone isn't SSF4 gorilla biscuit style this game will sell like hotcakes. I can't wait to be reunited with BB Hood though, I miss her so much.

I don't see Capcom returning to true 2D after SFIV. If they do reboot Darkstalkers I think they're just going to 2.5 it like SF IV's style.

"Darkstalkers are not dead."

Awesome start to a promotition campaign for a game that may or may not happen like Megaman Legends 3.

I just hope this "trailer" isn't just meant to shut up Darkstalkers fans for the immediate future.

Well, they “have not announced a new Darkstalkers game”, but could this mean that they will "annonce an old game" ? I'd be entirely satisfied with a Vampire Savior HD Remix, the game is perfect as it is.

i saw some vs at the arcade the other day

bringing back vs/ds similar to sf4 would make it worse than not having the game come out lol. loses all meaning and just becomes a cashcow for fans

I will play this game even if it plays like Streetfighter 4

Yeah this isn't what we need at all.

I had talked with seth at ect. he had said Vsav-OE would cost too much. It would be cheaper to make a new game from the ground up.

I had talked with seth at ect. he had said Vsav-OE would cost too much. It would be cheaper to make a new game from the ground up.

How does that make sense? :psyduck:

My impresions/faint recollection was that the conversion of Vsav, the cps2 software, was tedious/difficult, and compounding that would be the added netcode/playtesting. Which I could kind of see. there aren't really that many 'true' cps2 games on xbl are there?(puzzle fighter?) 3rd strike is a cps3 game.

This thread should evolve into a wishlist thread meant to "highlight the merits and flaws of the existing vsav/vhunter games for future reference".

Some qualities which define the game are:

- Speed: Keep it fast, the arcade board feels great. GGPO is a lil too fast =P

- Tech hits: This is a great option that negates opponents frame advantage b/c the opponents spacing is too far out. Although, I believe the inputs are disadvantageous for pad players. A quick solutions would be allowing simultanous button presses to count as an input. Example, [lk]~[lp]~[mp] would be 5 total inputs... or count the negative edges so the example is released to included 6 total inputs.

- Magic Series: Chain into command supers, Linking magic series off of ES moves, Renda bonus Chains into links into chains etc

- Match-ups: The game has a great roster with some unique and diverse playstyles. However, I feel the game mechanics themselves help facilitate rushdown characters over zoning characters. I would like to see something added to aid this other playstyle. Possibly allowing grapplers to "throw Limbs" would help put more focus on their throw game instead of their rushdown.

-Roster: keep EVERYONE, add D, Add new characters.

No reason to change a mechanic because of pad players, i dont have anything against them dont get me wrong, but changing / allwoing something just so its comfortable for pad players isnt something i would do tbh.

RUMOR June 2011:

Here's something interesting that popped up recently. I was a little surprised it hasn't been posted here or in the SRK thread. Obviously this isn't anything solid, but even news as unreliable as this can be interesting to mull over when we have so little in regards to the Darkstalkers franchise.

Regarding Darkstalkers 4:

- The Japanese name is Vampire Resurrection. The Western release will be titled Darkstalkers 4: Vampire Resurrection.

- It is in development, but it is still early on. It will be running on a modified SFxT engine. Don’t expect to see so much as a trailer for a few months at least, and no gameplay for a few months after that.

- The only characters I know will be returning (as of now, it could still change) are Morrigan, Felicia, Hsien-ko, Demitri and B.B. Hood. The only new character I am aware of is apparently a human Dark Hunter named Will who wields two shotguns, and fights mainly by striking with them, but can also shoot.

- It is being developed for PS3 and Vita only at the moment, but that could change in the future.

Thoughts?