Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firekid2

"Darkstalkers are not dead" The future of this series:

Speaking of Derek/Goryus, he used to have an account on this site and posted regularly. I wonder if he still does (he still posts on SRK).

i hope for a PC/steam relase too for these HD remixe, i don't have a console anymore but ireally want to support the series:(

This new game idea makes me smile so much.Ono and his grubby hands, not so much. Hopefully they don't steroid Anakaris and Squatch' too much. I can't wait to see 3D Squatch's Whale super. As long as Hsien-Ko looks like she did in MVC3, and not some grotesque monster (ironic), I'll be happy. Please Ono make this game right, I'll sacrifice mostly anything.

OG Darkstalkers art was pretty "steroidal" anyhow, so people shouldn't worry too much, even the girls were pretty ripped in Bengus' original illustrations.

NOTE: Please take this as a grain of salt... I will hopefully keep you all updated when new developments to this news story arise.

Ono after looking at Platinum Game’s relationship is investigating a similar deal with Nintendo to publish Darkstalkers 4: Rebirth as a Wii U exclusive since Capcom is still reluctant to finance it.

Source: http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/rumor-behind-the-scenes-with-first-party-hardware-and-third-party-softwear-next-gen/

As much as people (like myself) want a new Darkstalkers game, I guess not many people want to buy a Wii U (I'm getting one myself as a birthday present in January), as they also want this on Xbox 360 and PS3.

I'm not buying a Wii U, I'm sure about that. Not after the bunch of shit that console has been so far.

That, and why getting one when I have a PS3? :kitty:

Also, lol ono is trying too hard now.

Same here. I will not buy a system just to play one game.

Getting back to the earlier subject of sound design, and with the recent voice acting talk overshadowing the Story thread in Zepp, I thought I'd put up a list of who could reprise/replace whom in this potential DS4. I'll start with the Japanese cast and maybe post a potential English list later.

Demitri: Nobuyuki Hiyama (obviously the best and only choice for Demitri)

Talbain/Gallon: Nobutoshi Canna

Victor: Kiyoyuki Yanada (Haggar, 'nuff said)

Lord Raptor/Zabel: Yuji Ueda (obvious reprisal)

Felicia: Kana Asumi (obvious reprisal from MVC3)

Morrigan: Rie Tanaka (obvious reprisal from MVC3)

Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei: Saori Hayami (obvious reprisal from MVC3)

Anakaris: Takashi Nagasako

Bishamon: Masashi Ebara (reprisal from the OVA)

Rikuo: Junichi Suwabe (he is curiously attractive for a fishman, after all)

Donovan: Ryotaro Okiayu (Alucard from SoTN, fits perfectly)

Sasquatch: ??? (can't really think of anybody)

Huitzil: Jurota Kosugi (reprisal)

Pyron: Nobuyuki Hiyama (reprisal)

B.B. Hood/Bulleta: Aoi Yuki (she'd be playing another loli with dual personalities)

Lilith: Chiwa Saito (Relationship Voice Actor)

Q-Bee: Miyuki Sawashiro (the one people call in for EVERYTHING)

Jedah: Isshin Chiba (obvious reprisal)