Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. Robo-Ky

Offense: You should be able to get the job done on the ground for the most part. your main ranged pokes like 2S and 6S work ok. Air dash at long range is usually bad cause if he does air missles at same time you will get hit. If you predict him to start spamming air missles run up to him and 6P his face. For oki a far meaty 2S is pretty safe from his DP, I think. His DP super is annoying so keep an eye on his meter though. Kenji says to always dash into Robo after knockdowns as close as you can and then 2K otg > shitsu, gets rid of delayed wakeup screwing with your pressure. He said make sure to 2K otg as close as you can so that they can't tech so far back that they get out of shitsu's range. Defensive: - backdashing can be punished badly by several of his moves such as robo dash, so use sparingly. - backdash is still useful of course, backdash or 2P his command grab when predicted to punish robo - His anti air missile with 2H must be air FDed - his homing missles from the air cause tick damage and thus you should try to avoid them if possible by jumping - don't attack him after a blocked robo dash, you will almost certainly be hurt badly for it - watch out for his dust, it hurts tons Combos: - heavywieght, no normal hit 2D 236S-D - hard to land combos into On, go for fujin loop combos when possible

this matchup destroys me, fcking Level 3 Bazooka ARGH :vbang:

yeah the bazzoka was giving you a lot of trouble we need to learn to 1-frame jump

why would that help? you mean the one he does as okizeme? or do you mean his 2H anti air? id rather you not call it 1 frame jump cause it makes it sound hard when it's not, just call it FD jump. it's no harder than dash braking, just don't be lazy and do it

yeah people seem to think FD jump magically escapes blockstun when it doesn't lol i know this is crazy but i bet you could fujin H through it if you want. just dont get hit by his dust I forgot I hadn't said that already cause I did in the old topic but let me re-emphasize that you MUST NOT GET HIT BY HIS DUST lol. his ability to combo off his lows is kinda bleh too. his command grab is nasty though

that dust is unblockable :<

Nothing is unblockable to Anji's leg!

But yeah, I mean the oki bazooka, 236S, at level 3 it locks me down SO BAD ARGH

I could practice reversal fuujin for it,b ut is the any other options as well?

don't get knocked down so much? sorry if that's kinda dick advice but it's not like almost all the characters don't have some similarly good okizeme pressure projectile thingy or something. I don't see why that's anything special about this matchup

*10 years later* Iunno, it seems to lock me down a hell of a lot more then some other projectile oki like CSE, other butterflies, and fish, which I can escape pretty easily, which is why I asked.

I will tell you right now that if you are being subjected to levle 3 Bazooka oki (assuming it's meaty) you have two options: 1.Block and watch for the mixups 2.Reversal HS fujin (will CH RoboKy, but if you don't get the reversal than you're eating bazooka unfortunately) ! frame jumping does NOT work even if you time it right, and backdash will get eaten by the bazooka as it's moving forward. you can always DAA it (though I hear Anji's blows) or burst if you're that scared. Keep in mind the bazooka takes 10% tension every time, is only good for jump-in mixup at level 3 (aka when RK has >50% tension), and after the bazooka is gone you're free again.

regarding the wakeup game vs robo. If he uses his wake up delay when u shitsu, you still have time to run up and do something like a meaty or a cross up right? I don't have a lot of experince in this mu, but how often would u guys use the otg to screw up his wake up game?

I usually OTG RK when I can. Which kills ground taunt and wake up DP super. From my experience with this match, the only fujin option that is safe on block is P or S at near max range. Everything else can be DP super. I suppose you could go for a cross up, but being that he himself has delayed the wake up, it is easy to watch you and adapt to it before he gets up and meatys would likely eat DP super =/ So OTG is the safest option imo. RK 2k seems to stuff alot of Anji's moves aswell. I haven't messed with this yet, but has anybody tried waking up with 6K against Bazooka Oki? I am not as familiar with this match as I'd like to be... So I can't say much else other than based on the bit of experience I do have.

kenji says to otg every single time and I take his word for it, from what little I tried it it seemed effective dash in as close as you can and otg with 2K as late as you can into shitsu bazooka is too many hits so i don't think autoguard would get through without using tension for FB or OD. treat it like ky's CSE and fujin through it sometimes or something also, much like against ky, I THINK properly spaced 2S meaty is safe oki against his DP super.

I've gotten to play this matchup some recently. I beat out 2K with 2S a lot (usually they're spamming it), which nets you CH into 5H. As with Ky, his DP hits behind him so crossup kai(P) on oki isn't an option. Autoguarding Robo-dash works, which takes away their ability for Robo-dash to go through "anything". TK-orb on Oki can be hit by his 4H if you successfully baited a throw attempt. You can AG the Robo's 5K Oki (though the Robo I'm playing doesn't seem to want to use 5K... which I thought was a really good option for him, oh well). Trying to Fuujin through the air-missiles is a bad idea as he can launch a second set.

yeah it's really risky. you can autoguard it any time you want if you time it right. autoguarding is as fast as blocking. if you can block it you can autoguard it

You can AG the Robo's 5K Oki (though the Robo I'm playing doesn't seem to want to use 5K... which I thought was a really good option for him, oh well).

5p is the good option, 5k isnt but it hits low.... can still ag the 5p just saying which you should look for :)

Autoguarding Robo-dash works, which takes away their ability for Robo-dash to go through "anything".

risky, easier to block/dodge... dash has lots of tricks to it (frc, dashbrake, activating at diff times)

TK-orb on Oki can be hit by his 4H if you successfully baited a throw attempt.

(theory theory) if blocked its probably combo bait, Level 3 horse - 5h frc - whatever air bullshit combo... that just doesnt sound safe unless you think its gonna connect as overhead

to be honest the third statement makes no sense, because it says after successfully baiting a throw attempt you get hit. lol

For the third one it was an observation of something that fails. "Baiting" a throw attempt wasn't the right phrase. They intended to throw and got 4H; I'm just trying to connnect with orb. With other characters getting 4H would be among the things that loses to orb. And yeah, nobody does a TK Orb without 50% tension to RC on block (or shouldn't).

thats sounds so iffy though, using a oki with the high chance of a regular rc..... mehhh

missles are full homo at beating airdashes. ill add more stuff to my first post of hte topic cause I've built up a fair amount of exp in the matchup by now

Okay, I've played this match up a little bit more as well. From my experience, K AG won't go through oki bazooka. I was able to get a K AG through a lv2 bazooka, but the lv3 will eat you. I'm fairly sure reversal fujin will go through, but I didn't want to risk taking a dust combo that often. A properly timed 6P will beat out a horsey attack from what I've seen aswell. If done too late, you will both just miss each other, similar to 6P vs May's straight dolphin. RK's FB seems like a free air throw/On if you can react to it. As long as he isn't already attacking, you can grab him right out of the flyer if he flies at you. I'll add more if I remember anything.

Sign in to follow this