Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lolokoa

The Philippines Thread #9 - Genesis Beyond the Beginning

Game din ako dyan.

ummm pero i think, not sure ah, i think we need long extension cords para sa multi station setup

INSAN TAMA NA COMSHOP BAWAL HISCHOOL DYAN ;)

what michi said.

Though...insan lives near rockwell, right?

and will it be on the 27th? I guess my setup's also kind of okay if that's the case since I need to pack them up anyway BY

edit: also, why is that makoto cosplay wearing shorts? Why can't she be like this cosplayer? :<

full pic pls

Alright, just so we're clear, there will be casuals in Caltrops in Philcoa this Friday, starting likely at 4pm and ending at whatever the fuck time you guys want, because all of you are unique snowflakes that I bend my knee to at the slightest opportunity to please. The only thing I ask is that everyone bring at least 50 pesos for the rent.

WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT: Well, aside from the obvious games, there will be food there, of the fried chicken variety. It will be fried chicken because I said so goddamit, and if you don't like it, then you can take off your pants and let me fuck you in places you never knew could be fucked, while everyone else watches. HOWEVER, anyone who wants to eat MUST pay an additional 30 pesos. Because I am buying the chicken and no way am I footing the whole of the bill for a hungry geek army.

BUT HOW THE HELL DO I GO THERE, RAFAEL?: Gaze upon this map, charted millennia ago by Rogue Traders long dead.

That is where you will go. The Chowking will be your mark. It's splendid visage signifies that salvation is near at hand. If you're coming from the MRT, as most of you inevitably are, then get down on Quezon Avenue station. Go to the nearby McDonalds (if you're coming from the south, I think you'll have to cross), and find a "UP Campus" or "SM Fairview" jeep. It goes straight to Elliptical Road, swings around, and passes by Philcoa. Once you see Citimall with an overpass, you're where you want to be. Just walk to the second floor of the Citimall building and turn right, and there you are. Use the map as a guide. If you're ever lost, just ask anyone on the street where Philcoa is. Everyone knows, trust me.

If anyone is in need of more detailed instructions, or needs my cellphone number to call me if they're lost (you big sissy), PM me and I'd be happy to oblige.

In your dreams.

d lang sa dreams, katabi ko si makoto matulog eh =))

anyways serious business.

for the anniversary of bbph this coming aug 27-28.

mas vote ako for iplay+overnighters/inom/casuals sa amin.

kasi if we opt for iplay, mas malapit ang place namin dun.

compared sa philcoa, hassle na ang layo pag mag transfer pa tayo to our place.

catch nga lang sa place namin, a house fee mostly for the electric bill(sorry we aint rich) around 30-50? your call nalang.

pero overnighters naman yun with bonding+inom+casuals.

suggestion ko lang.

INSAN all the way

may carpet daw yun CR niya ehh at silver pa yun baso nila bahay

There will be an upcoming event TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED sept 3-4 which will be held in Megamall and we are invited to participate. If we're game for it i think we should discuss it as early as now rin:

Space and facilities

-We'll prolly be given the same amount of space as before in Megamall, but in case na mas maliit ang ibigay they'll provide us with dimensions and estimates rin kasi our activities might be depend rin sa space allocated XD

-I think they'll probably provide the same amount of chairs and tables as before. Hopefully we can get a divider from them narin. I'll ask this once na finalize yung space na ibibigay nila

Logistics

-Volunteers pls

-I'll also ask other people if we can borrow equipment such as projectors (yes we're allowed to use projectors =D) or other misc items that the convention cannot provide such as additional chairs.

MAN Power

-We'll try to create a time table this time around so everyone can experience the convention rin. So we'll be asking for volunteers within a week or two para we can work something out XD

Feedback

-We've had no complaints from ozinefest or from anyone so far regarding our participation =D

Misc

-We are permitted to leave our equipment like last time as well.

For more clarifications and other questions feel free to leave a msg here or YM me.

Logistics

-

Dtier

Cubao Farmers

Derpcon

Kalay

MAN Power

-

Dtier

Spark

Derpcon

Feedback

-

Idol ko si Spark

-150 pala

Misc

-Bert

-Shaky legs

SPARK!

Yung sa manpower suggest ko lang we ask other people na di laging nakaka participate sa pag man ng booth para lang sa future events it'll be less pressure for them rin =D Community building effort narin in a way

Btw, the dates are still tentative.

EDIT:

-The venue will be in megatrade hall 3. No mention whether they will add another hall, but i think there is a chance that we might get a smaller space than before.

EDIT2:

-Contact person said that we can have the same space as before XD

-We can tell people about this, which means its not tentatively scheduled but sept 3-4 na for sure

-We don't have to pay anything like before, we'll pay them by marketing their event. If we're going with prizes lets go with what we did before, winner take all =P

SHYET, IT FALLS UNDER THE NEW SCHEDULE FOR MY FINALS.

*ENDLESS DESPAIR.MP3*

I can probably lend my setup to you guys.

I'll have to see about my exam scheds if they permit me to attend the con. if it does I'll be around >U<

EDIT: HERE I PITCH SUM IDEAS FOR U GAIZ FOR OZINE

• Remember what happened when pete lost his copy of the bbcs manual? To prevent it from happening again, I suggest we compile clearbooks (1 per game we're showcasing ideally) with basic gameplay , terminology, movelists and other stuff for characters. I don't know if we need to have to make the character movelist charts ourselves (I'm a-okay for doing charts for bb) , or scan the manual (I can do this with MVC3) and arrange it.

Just the issue if we to have it colored or not. I might need to buy a new ink cartridge though for my printer because yeni ate it all up

• Alternatively, we can also have a loop of videos explaining the basics of the games we're showcasing. Audio probably wouldn't mean much because it'll be noisy, so subtitles might be okay. I don't know how we'll be able to do this in short notice though.

• Dix needs to cosplay as tsubaki.

I'll post more later. I have to go to school :v:

It's been a while since I last showed up here, sadly. Since DLSU finals is from Aug.22-27, I'm free and will be able to help there since its after finals.

HEE BESIDES MICHI FANGIRLING OVER LOKETEST HYPE AND TAGER BEING THE BEST CHARACTER EVER, here are my comments regarding the con.

If we get the same size/place from the previous con, that would be great. Even bigger would be awesome. How many chairs did we have last time? We can also bring our own since we can leave it there. Projector sounds good especially when it comes to finals to get more people to watch, but of course it depends on where we are and the space we're given.

I second Aile's idea. The movelist/mechanics that's provided in BB main site can still be used so we can just print that and stick it in a clearbook. It's also going to avoid people keeping the manuals for their own. I'm also worried about where we put our bags. It's kinda... out in the open. But I guess it's fine if people watch over it once in a while.

I'm willing to help once we get there! >u</ Volunteering goooooo~

So far, that's it.

Relius is sexy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0KsQc-Tt0s

Projector sounds good especially when it comes to finals to get more people to watch, but of course it depends on where we are and the space we're given.

Come to think of it, didn't we ask ozine if we could borrow theirs?

That, and I'm just wary if we have a monitor compatible for it, and the location of the booth.

I second Aile's idea. The movelist/mechanics that's provided in BB main site can still be used so we can just print that and stick it in a clearbook. It's also going to avoid people keeping the manuals for their own. I'm also worried about where we put our bags. It's kinda... out in the open. But I guess it's fine if people watch over it once in a while.

But they're in japanese right? Ideally it should be in english so everyone can understand. I could be wrong though if you're reffering to something else.

As for the bags, I was thinking that we could bring some of those large ass plastic containers to store them, but I don't think we'd have those BT

I'll think of something for storing bags.

Man power lang kaya ko itulong...at isang ps2 stick..xD

ha! pathetically insignificant little leprechaun person thing

Where my Pot of gold !?

ehem

anyways mamaya ko na gagawin yun Spreadsheet thing para sa mga volunteer

I can also go for 2 days... (I hope)

Sa friday Ingress, pwede ako sumunod after work. (since bandang megamall lang ako)

I can offer you my utmost love for the community

I can help with ads (and again, if somebody wants to do this for me, it'll be really awesome :D )

I can go marshall the whole time.... well except when gelo bugs me to go take pictures with cosplayers :3

Question now is that, if the con is only good for two days, what would be an awesome event?

Suggestions:

1.) Saturday, BB tourney, Sunday... (BIG BANG BEAT:REVOLVE tourney ... or something like AH3/MVC3 ... AH naman since mvc3 last ozine! XD)

2.) Saturday, All day casuals/free play Sunday, BB tourney then another game tourney. (Kinda hard since we need more units and manpower for this)

3.) BB, AH, SF IRONMAN TOURNEY!

4.) Just something to think about, last ozine, nakausap ko yung isang nasa events team and invited them to join the tourney. sabi niya, "nah, mahirap naman sumali since kasali rin yung veterans so...." so what does that mean? *insert eroge branching route* iniisip ko lang, kung sasali tayo sa event (if ever konti sasali) gamitin nalang naten sub naten? OR WAG GAMITIN SI MAKOTO~ XD

5.) DRAGZ

Diskass!

second option is better. gives people a chance to try out the game and stuffs.

I agree with your point on the fourth. Subs are a-okay, just to give others a chance.

edit: though I'm not sure if it's ever going to help. Not like everyone who isn't in bbph would know who we main and who we sub :psyduck:

ito idea ko naman dyan , instead of limiting characters

TEAM BATTLE, where i guess we have some sort of Location Captain, or just plain Teams witha team leader? tpos sasali sila sa team n un? with the Captains playing last or something.

un nga lng , sa idea na ito, i think hnd makaka sali lahat ng "vets".

wacha think?

Mix n Match time na XD

ito idea ko naman dyan , instead of limiting characters

TEAM BATTLE, where i guess we have some sort of Location Captain, or just plain Teams witha team leader? tpos sasali sila sa team n un? with the Captains playing last or something.

un nga lng , sa idea na ito, i think hnd makaka sali lahat ng "vets".

wacha think?

Mix n Match time na XD

so technically speaking, the tourney for ozine will be teams?

that's a good idea. There might be those willing to team up with vets, or with friends.

I think plain teams w/ a team leader is a better option.

I also think that there shouldn't be more than one "vet" in a team, assuming its 3v3 , or no more than two in 4v4.

though yea, Idek. that's just my two cents.

although, when I look at it, people would probably want to take advantage of it.

Random team tourney seems good as well, but there's some disadvantages to it.

Because there's always going to be a scenario where there's a team composed purely of "vets"

but I guess we can find a way around it somehow :T