Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoob

PileDriving Bison Up In This Bitch- The NEWEST NEW ENGLAND THREAD

Should be there, so long as work doesn't decide to be a last-minute bunch of asshats and such. Tales/Katz/Vyers - ride needed?

Also tried out the Skullgirls demo yesterday, and actually liked it (was skeptical, it being marvel-like and such). Probably gonna grab the full thing tonight and see what I can do with it. Only main gripe I found was that I couldn't find an in-game movelist (and I might have just derped and missed it).

... holy shit me playing a marvel-like game? Fuck, pack your heavy coats, 'cause when we get to hell it'll be rather chilly. :v:

I might be up for that ride. Havn't figured out this weekend yet.

Can't wait to give Skull Girls a try.

Now back to writting godzilla paper grumbler grumble

There is no ingame movelist because XBL were asshats complaining about the game possibly being over 2GB, thats why Squiggly and Umbrella aren't in and why there's no movelist. But it'll be Free DLC Mike Z said (He also said Konami granted him 1 Free DLC, so it'd be for system stuff), and because PSN and XBL are assholes about DLC, they have to make a profit from them (Mike Z wanted free DLC), so he's making it as cheap as possible for TOs since there's 12-14 characters supposed to come on (He said he wants Characters to be $1, but we'll see).

This is for Movelists:

http://skullgirls.com/game/character-guides/

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzb5j9e45ze62n0 (Downloadable PDF)

I will make it to Casuals with PS3 and SG. I like SG so far, I really do. Turns out my Double>>>>>>>my Valentine.

Not having more characters I can understand coming from the size limit. That makes sense.

You could have text movelists with basic info on each move for maybe 10kb ... if they really couldn't spare that much for a feature that's been standard in most/all FTGs since PS1 days, I'd be really surprised (especially considering the game already has the move names - it displays them when entering custom assists). I mean, wouldn't be as pretty as the downloadable PDFs, but it'd be better than nothing.

And I can't really complain about PSN/XBL being that way about downloadables, considering that they're kinda footing the bill for the shittons of hosting and bandwidth for people to download it by. Kinda bytes for end users like us, but it's not as unreasonable as you put it IMO.

Rant aside, the game is proving mostly fun sofar (no actual versus-human experience yet, but I'm sure that'll be happening Sat.). Thinking of going with Filia/Ms.Fortune, to the surprise of probably nobody who knows how I usually play.

Next Brainbox tourney is here, for those of you who met me/know me. For those of you who don't maybe you should make an effort to come out here.. I probably support/run your game. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14012-BrainBox-Tournaments-3-Boston-Massachusetts-Saturday-April-21-2012!

Next Brainbox tourney is here, for those of you who met me/know me. For those of you who don't maybe you should make an effort to come out here.. I probably support/run your game. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14012-BrainBox-Tournaments-3-Boston-Massachusetts-Saturday-April-21-2012!

Let me tell you youngin's about a time long before your youtubes and your Shooryoucan's. A simple time, where the elderberries grew plentiful out of the majestic land, where men wore suspenders, and the women wore trousers fashioned from the muscular twine of the blighted platypus. Back in the day, there was only one fighting game. It involved a musket, your wits, and the most spacious stages you could ever possibly imagine. There were only two characters in that game and only one playable character. In this game, there was a gun and there was one of the most fearsome yet docile animals in Nature's green kingdom. You could only play this game at night, too. This damn bear would stalk out of the wilderness, its stomach a-rumbling for the vittles you cooked the day before and would do its damndest to get to that nutritious snack. This could be seen as the world's first grappler character, for once it got into your pic-a-nic basket, it was game over. The only playable character was you, and it was fully customizable, provided that you had a limited clothing supply, considering it was back in the day and clothing stores had yet to be conceived. Yes, the only attack in your moveset was a special move, Fire Gun. This special move could only be used once, as it required 100% meter and a musket charge stored, which luckily you gained at the beginning of the round. You could also fake the Fire Gun special, in an attempt to bluff and make the bear respect your spacing, but scrubby bears usually attempted to mash out and charge your porch. Damn button mashers.

We called this game Bears Off the Back Porch, and it was a damn fine time if you were winning. The game was a bit unfair though, since the Guy With the Gun had a 9-1 projected match up with the only other character in the game, and that was because Timmy was the worst shot you've ever seen in your life and got bodied every time he played. Tournament nerves get the best of us, that much is true. Soon, Nature realized that people were playing the game and introduced patches, which were mostly pallet swaps of the bear colors, including Grizzly and Feral Red Bear. It wasn't long before another patch was made and shotguns were introduced, making the matchup almost unwinnable by the bear. There was a couple of revisions where Nature toyed with the concept of making another Guy With the Gun wear a bear skin as an additional mixup, but the concept fell as flat as the characters attempting to fool the overpowered Gun Dude. Apparently, Fire Gun was an option select within itself and dealt with both options.

Bears Off the Goddamn Porch. Now that was a man's game.

SNIP

Another valuable lesson in historical environmental philosophy brokenness courtesy of the Zoobstein.

To digress, why is everything happening on Saturday? I'd like to go to both BrainBox tourney and Whysuals. grumble grumble.:mad:

To digress, UMASS is randomly hosting CONQUEST gaming/nerd/anime con this weekend. Don't think I'm up for that; it's looking pretty bland.

Nothing I can do about it I guess. I'm gonna go to Brainbox today and talk with em about it and all. They might be doing Skullgirls I dunno.

To digress, why is everything happening on Saturday? I'd like to go to both BrainBox tourney and Whysuals. grumble grumble.:mad:

Brainbox is next Saturday, not tomorrow. You can do both.

I'll go to Why's tomorrow. Cheese, when should I expect you?

Probably about 3:30. I plan on heading out as soon as I can, and since it seems Katz isn't coming you're the first stop on the way.

Probably about 3:30. I plan on heading out as soon as I can, and since it seems Katz isn't coming you're the first stop on the way.

Shit, what? D: I thought casuals were next week!!!