Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoob

PileDriving Bison Up In This Bitch- The NEWEST NEW ENGLAND THREAD

so how about that vergil for mvc....? anybody?

Like I said before. Stop picking the same chars as me. Though we'll probably have different anchors for teams. I'm thinking either Nemesis or Lawyer.

And Persona the fightan looks mad slow. By comparison it makes BB look like Vsav.

Rocky Hill and West Haven are Clones, you know this! THEY'RE THE SAME PLACE

You shut your whore mouth, It's a LIE (although almost coincidentally true)

We all know West Haven is S tier because of gdlke Soul Sistah's waiting on us.

Y-Disciple, how early are you starting casuals this Saturday? I may be able to swing by for a couple hours mid afternoon.

Typically about 3. Sometimes people (ie Fraga) come an hour or two early though.

And Persona the fightan looks mad slow. By comparison it makes BB look like Vsav.

It only looks slow because no one knows what they're doing with it yet. I think the game looks like it'll be on the faster side in the end

Can't wait to play bitch-with-fans btw

Chie and Yukiko look mad fun. I hope Aegis isn't the only P3 character confirmed for this game.

I love SMT series too! I played Raidou vs King Abaddon, Persona 2 (IS and EP, brother helped me with IS), Persona 3, Persona 4 (Working on), Nocturne (Just got to reasonings), Persona 1 (Working on), and Devil Survivor (Haru/Gin Ending). How are Devil Saga and Strange Journey? Been thinking on trying them next.

Digital Devil Saga plays more like a typical Jrpg. You have a party of three (out of 5) characters. Instead of convincing demons to join you, or using various persona, your (ex)human party members change into demons at the start of combat (unless you get surprised, in which case you start battle in human form and fight with guns, until you spend a turn to transform). It uses the same turn based combat style as Nocturne (getting a crit/ hitting an enemy's weakness nets you half a turn icon). The level up system works like a cross between SMT and ff10s sphere grid (simplified). Exp gets you levels, every level gives each character 3 stat points (you get to allocate use, the other characters go up automatically). You also gain Karma from enemies which you use to learn new combat abilities (physical attacks, magical attacks, healing, buffs/debuffs, passive bonuses, and hunting skills) If a character kills an enemy with a hunting skill, they get all the demons karma, and the amount of karma is multiplied.

Serph is the silent protagonist, Seras is the mysterious amnesiac with mystical powers, Argilla is the bi kind hearted healing based pacifist (hates to eat, has the best gun in DDS1 and most of DDS2), Heat is the angry rage filed Attack based badass (loves to eat, conflict of interest with Serph, voiced by Crispin Freeman aka Alucard from Hellsing), Gale is the well-balanced philosophical tactician, Cielo is the speed/agility based token Jamaican (has the worst weakness in the game, don't use him if you can avoid it). Roland (DDS2 only), is the balanced cynical glasses man (has the coolest looking demon form out of the playable characters)

Game has a very original, cool story. Pretty grindy though. DDS1 has my second favorite main battle theme of all time

Strange Journey plays very similar to Nocturne, but uses a first person view like SMT 1&2 and Phantasy Star 1. You can equip a gun and sword at the same time, and use both in combat (No magic, but weapons can have elemental/ stat effects). You can have 3 demons summoned at a time. Demon recruitment/ fusion works exactly like Nocturne. You can't allocate your own stat points when you level, at the start of the game you have to answer a questionnaire, and it determines what build your stat increases follow (I ended up being agility based). You have to identify new demons before you can see what they are, until then they just look like staticy willow-whips, and if you try to talk to them you get garbled nonsense. The touch screen is an auto-filling minimap, which helps navigation a lot.

Great setting, cool music (lots of 'Noifair depths' style chants), distinct graphics. The story is pretty good so far, and the few characters fit the game quite well.

How are Raidou vs King Abaddon, and Devil Survivor?

so how about that vergil for mvc....? anybody?

Vergil's cool I should check him out the new mvc characters

Chie and Yukiko look mad fun. I hope Aegis isn't the only P3 character confirmed for this game.

I thought I saw 2 "Fools" in the character select screen

How are Raidou vs King Abaddon, and Devil Survivor?

I thought I saw 2 "Fools" in the character select screen

Well first off you did see 2 "Fools", Brotag and Aigis.

2nd let's start with Devil Survivor:

It seems Strange Journey and Devil Survivor are simular, you both control a party Of yourself and 2 demons, you get demons by winning Auctions using your Comp (Thats how they are summoned in this game). You have a Squad of 4 people (Yourself, Yuzu, Atsuro and later more people like Keisuke and Some 14 year old Cosplayingbitchwhothinksshesamagicalgirl) with any 2 demons. During your fights you can take any move you have "Cracked" (Which means at the beginning of battle you have the choice to try and get more abilities by killing certain Demons with certain characters, you don't learn skills normally so you need to do this. I.E. A Pyro Jack has Fire Dance and you need it, lets say you want Yuzu (Or Yoohoo ingame) to get it, before the fight starts you would tell her to crack it and kill a certain demon, and if she does so (It can be anyone from her specific party) she will learn the move, or just learn it for the team, because you can mix and match moves whenever you want. Now after some battles you can make any one of your demons learn ANY move you have cracked. Takes awhile though. Now it is NOT a true dungeon crawler, but the combat makes it look like it is. You move around taking turns fighting the demons, and then they take theirs, etc. Now this game is actually infamous for it's retarded Difficulty spikes, but it's a grindy game like most SMT games.

The basic plot goes like this: Demons are attacking Tokyo and the Japanese army (lol?) shut down Tokyo, locking it down. People are getting frantic and are being killed by the demons. It's basic SMT plot where you choose from one of several routes (Yuzu is neutral, Atsuro is Neutral, Naoya is Chaos, Gin/Haru is Neutral [Awesome], Amane is Lawful) and it's Lucifer vs YHWH essentially. Characters are amazing and the amount of Character specialization is baller status.

Raidou vs King Abaddon is also really good. It's a part of the Devil Summoner games, a new feature is that you get Case Files which are bonus side quests that usually have good rewards. Now my hand is starting to hurt (Did some wood chopping earlier today) so I'ma just copy gameplay info from the Megami Tensei wiki (I'll explain story though):

"Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon features similar gameplay to the previous game, although highly improved. Raidou now fires only one bullet at a time in combat and can fire six rounds before needing to reload (which is now achieved by holding down square). The MP system has been abolished and replaced with a system called the "Magnitite Balancing system". Now demons do not consume Magnitite when summoned, but rather only consume it when they use special abilities or other techniques that would have consumed MP previously. The combat is now faster, and Raidou no longer recruits demons by force, but rather by using demon negotiation, which is more traditional for the Shin Megami Tensei franchise. Demon negotiation can be aided by input via other demons in the party or through demon business cards. Additionally, Raidou can now summon two demons at once in combat".

The story goes that the Herald of Yatagarasu summons him to Japan and help defend the Capital (again), while also working for the Narumi Agency. During this duty someone comes in looking for Dahn, who turns out to be a bro in the end. The ending will definitely surprise you if you've played Raidou vs The Souless Army, it's a really good game and it's nice for recurring characters (Gouto and Narumi) to bring some comedy into it.

Me and Seth will be showing up around 2'ish maybe depends on how long our lunch date takes.

As usual I'll be there around that time as well. BRINGING MY LAPTOP FOR SOME UMINEKO FIGHTAN

Could have gone much better. I'm salty as hell but I'm motivated. Coming back home this weekend, hopefully someone's running casuals.

If this happens, for the love of god near Boston. I want to meet the scene already and maybe play some mbaa and definitely some GG there.

If this happens, for the love of god near Boston. I want to meet the scene already and maybe play some mbaa and definitely some GG there.

If they have it in CT like they usually do and you don't feel like driving all the way there, come over to Acton and I'll give you a lift. It'll still take like 2-3 hours of driving, but at least someone else is doing the driving lol.

If they have it in CT like they usually do and you don't feel like driving all the way there, come over to Acton and I'll give you a lift. It'll still take like 2-3 hours of driving, but at least someone else is doing the driving lol.

Sounds good, even though I have one hell of a bus ride to get to you. I might have to skip this Saturday anyway, my parents might be coming from NY bring me whatever I forgot when I moved here.

I didn't get his name but I lost to a Potemkin in GG. No idea how the fuck Order-Sol is supposed to open him up, but I'm not too mad about that. In BB though, I lost to Badfish and his goddamn Tager because I forgot all my combos and missed out on a lot of damage opportunities. Was playing like shit since I didn't practice anything. But hey, I made 9th in both games. Next time, Top 8 is mine!