Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TGS

Evolution 2011 Results

Top 8 on Sunday:

Winners: Tokido, Lord Knight, Zong_1, HeartNana

Winners Semifinals

- Lord Knight sends Zong-1 to losers

- Tokido sends HeartNana to losers

Winners Final

- Lord Knight sends Tokido to losers

Losers: DSmoove, Severin, Spark, Wuku

Losers Final 8

- Severin eliminates Wuku

- Spark eliminates DSmoove

Losers Quarterfinals

- Zong_1 eliminates Severin

- Spark eliminates HeartNana

Losers Semifnals

- Spark eliminates Zong_1

Losers Finals

- Spark eliminates Tokido

Grand Finals

- Spark comes back from Losers and defeats Lord Knight, 3-0, 3-0!

Semifinals Results for BBCS2 as they come in:

Winner's Side:

- Zong_1 sends Zeero to losers

- Lord Knight sends Xie to losers

- Tokido sends DSmoove to losers

Loser's Side:

- Wuku eliminates Kousaka

- 2GB eliminates Dacidbro

Pool Results for BBCS2 as they come in:

Pool 1:

Winners: Tokido

Losers: Kousaka

Pool 2:

Winners: DSmoove

Losers: Wuku

Pool 3:

Winners: Severin

Losers: Nano

Pool 4:

Winners: Victa

Losers: Dekline

Pool 5:

Winners: Hellfromabove

Losers: IkeTakeda

Pool 6:

Winners: Coopa

Losers: JRS

Pool 7:

Winners: HeartNana

Losers: Kusanagi

Pool 8:

Winners: Xie

Losers: 2GB

Pool 9:

Winners: Lord Knight

Losers: Dacidbro

Pool 10:

Winners: Donavan

Losers: K2

Pool 11:

Winners: Zong One

Losers: Spark

Pool 12:

Winners: Zeero

Losers: KidViper

Pool 13:

Winners: Prinny

Losers: dmashdre

Shoutout to everyone I met.... to many to list probably... too lazy now...

should've not scheduled my flight at 5 in the morning so I could get some more casuals and hang out with u guys more

Shoutouts to all those I met in the BB casuals room. Nice meeting both Jin mods (Yuushiro and shtkn)

Jin mirrors all day :kitty:

I had lots of fun, My room was hype, PNW room was hype, BB top 8 was hype, man I have nothing negative to say about EVO. Glad I got some experience and leveled up a bit.

Yeah I was, thanks. I was so Fucking nervous. I was kicking myself for dropping that last bang install combo. It is what it is, though. Coopa's no slouch.

Shout outs to huey. You seem like a cool dude. It was nice putting a face to the name. Pretty classy guy. JasonD, stay godlike; Easily one of the nicest players out there. And finally zong/ copperdabbit, still as good as ever.

Ps never drink absinth in vegas

I had fun at EVO and getting to meet people from DL. PNW room was hype. I hope to come back again if BB returns next time.

GG to everyone that was there and also to whom I played. I was the yellow Tao that was free xD Hopefully BB will be at EVO again next year~

Shoutouts to all the people I saw when I was there, and to the people who chilled at my setup in the byoc area on friday. Was really fun.

no GG side tourny results at EVO?

I will post the full results for Guilty Gear Singles and Teams as soon as I/We fix some errors in the singles bracket -- please give me/us a day or so, thank you.

Oh, and just to add, I/we had to resume GG singles the next day (at 3pm, which we told as many people as possible) to avoid the tv's being turned off during grand finals, like last year...

The total entrants before some people decided to drop out was 88! (plus like 10 other non-entrants playing casuals)

But for now, here is the top 8:

1. RF (FA)

2. AKA (MI)

3. Elvenshadow (FA)

4. Hellmonkey (BA)

5. Marlinepie (SL, ED)

6. Steve H (KY)

7. Latif (ED)

8. Saif/ID (OR)

GGs yall! Wish I was able to get out of my pool, but Xie and 2GB had other plans. Still, it was awesome getting to see those matches live! I look forward to seeing you guys next year!

IIRC, Soniti did record the top 8, some casuals+MM's, as well as most of the team tournament. He was kind enough to do this, so please give him some time to process and upload them <3

Sorry, but I was too busy to record anything this time:(

My shoutouts here before i forget about an amazing weekend!

There were lots of people i wanted to talk and hang with (i even made a list on my phone!), there was just enough time and such to get everything done! Super busy and fun weekend! It was truly one of the main highlights of my year so far!

To those who don't already know, i was that asian girl with the blonde highlights in my hair!

Ky-Sama/SolBumguy: Hey you guys! Don't feel down or anything about how the GG side tourny was ran. Everyone was shocked and impressed about the turn out of GG. There were a lot of things that could have been done and many factors that restrained you guys from making it run as smooth as you wanted. Regardless of how it turned out and how people felt, you should feel proud of yourselves for running a surprisingly big turn out at a major event. I'm proud of the the amount of people that showed up and everyone, and myself, are seriously thankful to both of you wanting to take on this event on you guys. I really hope next year we can hang out and play gg together instead of being worried about where people are for their matches! Hahah.

I'm more than happy that there was a GG tourny, and if you guys EVER need anything, do let me know alright? :] I hope you ladies had a super great time and i better see you guys around more! Let's represent us ladies of anime fighting games! I hope to see you guys again at another tourny!

Teyah/Raptor/Canada GG Crew: Holy craaaap! I'm so happy you guys showed up and made the GG event that big! I was super shocked on how many of you guys showed up and totally delivered! I really hope you guys had fun hanging in Vegas and saw all the shows you wanted to see! To Zeero, I'm super salty still because i feel like i really didn't deliver my best when i played you in GG! I totally want to run it back when i see you again with you RoboKy! Raptor, DUDE you totally dodged me like 90% of the time! We met only for like a few mins then you went off and did stuff! Hahah no worries though, whenever i visit Canada, you better hit me up! And Teyah! I TOTALLY wanted to play you in GG and do something with you in vegas! I'm super happy after all these years of knowing you in the #reloadonline channel, we met in person! You're a great guy and we should totally hang again if we meet up! :]! To anyone else i forgot from Canada, thank you so much for showing up and i hope to see you all again and be properly introduced to all of you!

BlueNine: ONE OF MY ONLY EAST COAST FRIENDS TO SHOW UP! Hahaha I still remember how we met at Evo2k9! I'm so happy i got to see you again! I meant to say you dressed superrr suave dude! Hahaha, but i'm really glad we got to talk and hang for a bit and get pictures together! We didn't get to play GG with one another, but i hope when i do visit the east coast again (maybe in sept! Hahah :]]!), we'll get games in and hang once more! Hit me up on facebook too if you have one! I hope to see you at an east coast major soon Alex!!

LordKnight: Heeey! Totally happy i got to have a conversation with you Mr! Seriously, the sunglasses made you standout- i mean besides you being more well dressed then most the guys there LOL hahaha. Really though, I'm really happy a great player like you from the east coast showed up and placed freakin second place at Evo. Regardless of placing that again, you are maintaining your status as a well respected and good player. I really hope to show up to an east coast major in the near future and would love to see you play at a place you are more comfortable with! I love watching you play and i hope we can talk more again! Again, super good shit LK!!

CopperDabbit/Rin/DacidBro/Huey/Fred/Norcal&PNW: I totally need like a full day or two to hang with you guys! I really love the spirit and support you guys show for your game! Since Sparks win, it really has brought back the excitement in BB and the entire community is thankful for you guys constantly trying to do your best to maintain our only precious anime game left alive in a capcom filled coast.

Jared, WE WILL GET OUR DRINKS. We need to sit down and have a great conversation about life and games cause i know you'd be great company. :]

Rin/Max, You work so damn hard! Never think for a second your work goes to waste and no one is watching you. I'm glad you put a full effort into something you love and not get paid for. We need to toast over your success man! :] I hope we get to hang out together for once!

Dacid: Thank you for inviting Severin and I to eat that one night! I'm so sorry i couldnt go, but i'm sure you guys had tons of fun! Hopefully when i go to Norcal again (Maybe SuperNCI!), we shall get a big group dinner again! You are an amazing hype person to watch in person! :]]!!

Huey: So glad that you showed up to Vegas and did your thing! Again, you're a super chill dude and it was really awesome of you to hold that BB gathering after BB finals on sunday. I hope to see you at more major and minors soon!

Rod/Honnou: You're such a cool dude to talk to! You're always super nice and respectful and i'm always looking forward to seeing you! Hope to have a more decent conversation with you Rod! :D

Fred: I LOVE HANGING WITH YOU FRED :]]]]!! You're super great company and i love finding out more about you and your life! Thank you for spending time with me, render and rachel at the buffet and you're May play style pisses me off you dick face. LOL <33 Let's get more food when i see you again! Say hi to you Chippy (I think thats your dolphins name!)! :DD

HellFromAbove: Heeey, i know that you know that i was busy and such but thank you for having so much patience with me. I know I'll most likely see you again in a few weeks when you're down in Cali, but i know you did have fun in Vegas! I hope to maybe be back down there in late Sept or something, but of course, i'll let you know what plans are if those are coming!

SOCAL: I saw pretty much everyone and met a lot of old and new faces i really never get to see in Socal. Here is my best attempt to name every single freakin person in socal that i saw (without looking in irc and facebook LOL): Xie, Kennyon, viet david, hellmonkey, pulsr, purrin, spidey, black chris, mcr/asianchris, stormlocke, samantha, blitz, moonmaster/vince, raymond, frcflyingjohnny, Jo, severin, donavan, dsmoove, Guymam/mark, jasonD, MikeZ, Rachel<3, render, ShinATProof, Alex/obaloney, zaidou, iketekeda, sonitii, zong_one, thebiter/jeff, UMMM SORRY IF I LEFT YOU OUT. qqqqqqq But congrats on fucking Socal placing in top8.

Severin and Zong: <3333 GO YOU GUYS. Be proud of where you are at! You guys make girls and guys hearts go doki doki. I'm really happy for you both and keep playingggg!!

Dsmoove: I'M SO PROUD OF YOU BOBBY. I literally almost freakin cried when you went on stage. You're a like a god damn son to me LOL. But really you are going place DS and keep playing with all your heart! Not every highschooler can do what you do ;D! DONT FORGET TO TELL YOUR MOM YOU WERE IN VEGAS.

Kevin/stkn: I'm telling you! ;D A bit tighter shirts and you'd look good man!

ANNNND I'm sorry if i forgot people but i had such a great time! Next time when i'm not so busy/had more alcohol at the time, i'd like to talk to steve_h, wuku, woki, marlinpie and latif! I'm really happy you guys came and played GG! I hope to see you at other majors soon! Congrats to RF too for taking GG shit! Hahaha i wish i played him!

AND THAT SHOULD BE IT. Hope to see all of you again at other tournaments in the near and distant future, if not- TIL NEXT EVO!

GGs to everyone, it was a lot of fun! Grats to Spark and LK for top 2!

Wish I was able to play more casuals with people, though, only a bit on friday. :(

GGs to all I fought!

Teyah: Nice seeing you again. Your Eddie is still cold and unforgiving as the frozen tundra from where you came from.

Sanoshi: Thx for running GG. Too bad I didn't get to play you. :( Wish we had more time to play or hang out. Stay beautiful! :cool:

RF: Thx for blowing me up!

Tokido: GGs on the Noel mirror. You are a nice guy! Thx for blowing me up!

Bluenine: Good to see you again. So sad we couldn't play. Next year though!

Coopa: GGs man! Thx for blowing me up in teams!

SPARK: You dirty son of a bitch Alex! Congrats again for winning EVO! This time though, you really did have more life than your opponents, A LOT MORE LIFE!

To the rest of my fellow PNW people: Lets go to Starbucks and celebrate whoooooooooooooo! BLAZBLUE BELONGS TO US!

Shoutouts to everybody I met and played, you all made my first EVO trip a really great time and worthwhile. Will definitely attend again if I have the chance to because of you guys.

Special shoutouts to Zong, my canadian brother<3 Someday I'll beat you in a tournament, but for now, 0-2 =(

Congrats to Spark and LK again for their great performance and blowing away japanese minds. yaaayy