Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TGS

Evolution 2011 Results

TX, the land of the Jins.

come to UFO this weekend with Steve and your brother... we need dat matchup exp... lol

For real? or did you mean (FA)?

My sister edited my post for me -- it's changed now.

Edit: working on the full bracket results now.

Edit:

Team results:

1: Team Japan (RF/Hellmonkey/Kindevu)

2: Team Elvenshadow (Elvenshadow/Jesse/Honnou)

3: Ask Saif (ID/MikeZ/Kennyon)

4: Team MarlinPie

5: Team Old Men

5: Team AKA

7: Sinoyoo/Mike/Kaige

7: Team FRCflyingJohnny

9: Team DP's Suck

9: Team Jason D+Others

9: Team Hatchi Roku

9: Team Winners Don't Use Lag

13: Team Low-Tier Trash

13: Antonio

Teams started late and others were still in BB/busy doing other things, so some were unable to enter. Still, 40 entrants in a last-minute/late team tournament is not too bad.

Edit2: Bracket (recreated to the best of my memory)

Full Singles Results:

1: RF (FA)

2: AKA (MI)

3: ElvenShadow (FA)

4: Hellmonkey (BA)

5: MarlinPie (SL, ED)

6: Steve H (KY)

7: Latif (ED)

8: Saif (OR)

9: Zeero (RO)

9: Blitz (MI)

9: K2 (MA)

9: Woki (DI)

13: Abare-Ky (ED, KY)

13: Teyah (ED)

13: DavidCue (ED)

13: Phaethon (MA)

17: NecroSon

17: What is this game?

17: Stag.S

17: Tae Seong Kim

17: Honnou

17: Jo

17: Roldy

17: Wuku

25: Fragile

25: frcflyingjohnny

25: Stealth_Duck

25: ChaoticBlue

25: Jan

25: Holy Order-Troll

25: Jesse

25: X-Sapphire

33: Jason D

33: Mighty

33: Xie

33: Theupstreamer

33: MANUEL

33: CopperDabbit

33: Mike(2)

33: Linear04

33: Soniti

33: Saru

33: Combofiend

33: Stark

33: Diobrando

33: Himura

33: Mike Z

49: SLEDGE

49: Matrix

49: Kousaka

49: KarlKablisk

49: Mike

49: unsanctifier

49: Spiteful

49: Polyfreeze

49: Reppuken

49: Sytha

49: Coak

49: TSHKN

49: SixEightNine

65: Shunzuke

65: Kennyon

65: Kyoku

65: Xieno Tiger

65: BLARGSTER

65: Simon

65: SuperFX

65: Mr. Igloo

65: Recna

65: HellFromAbove

65: Leo7

65: Shtkn

65: Yaozzer

65: Moroha

65: Shin ATproof

65: Albert

65: Dr. Stormlocke

97: Adam

97: Ryuuka

97: RaptorIIC

97: Zante

97: Huey253

97: DubiousCurvLoop

97: Kobesama

97: BlueNINE

97: Sanoshi

97: Klaige

97: Raye

97: TheBrad

Some people were either DQ'ed or could not make it...

Sorry for this taking me so long -- I had to buy a new mouse, because the old one I was using was making it too difficult to drag-and-drop.

<33

I play Robo Ky btw.

Shoutouts to AKA for being so GDLK.

hm looking at the brackets... if AKA eliminated steve H before eliminating me in losers side, why is he 6th and me 9th? =(

Whooooo thanks a ton for recreating that bracket and uploading it! Now I may be able to upload match videos without every player being labeled "???"

:D

Just realized I never actually posted a shoutout list, when I'm pretty sure I typed out this really, really long convoluted thing. Or maybe that was a dream (?).

Evo was fun, good times were had, I think that's all anyone needs to know!

i didn't actually enter or play in GG at all.

I didn't even pay money to enter the tourney.

I honestly don't see how it is possible that i made it on the bracket. :(

i didn't actually enter or play in GG at all.

I didn't even pay money to enter the tourney.

I honestly don't see how it is possible that i made it on the bracket. :(

You were already on the pre-reg list, so I couldn't remove you...

Sorry...

just to clarify. BB singles will be on bbvlog channel, while teams on PNW channel right? what bout the GGAC ones? thanks in advance~

what bout the GGAC ones? thanks in advance~

Soniti was kind enough to capture various matches (mainly note-worthy matches/highest-level play) to his Youtube channel; last time I checked, these are the only ones that he uploaded so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVKZMVLHktM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjv4x...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u23M5...eature=related

Please continue to check back for more; he captured A LOT of footage. Thanks again, Soniti <3

It's gonna take some time to sort it all out, but i'll do my best.

People kept playing casuals on the stream setup so it's hard to tell what is what D:

It's gonna take some time to sort it all out, but i'll do my best.

People kept playing casuals on the stream setup so it's hard to tell what is what D:

It is no rush; as long as you uploaded ANY at all, should be good enough for now. Please let me or Ky-Sama know if we can help you sort things out/tell who was who in the videos... LOL, some people were jumping on to play casuals, even when they KNEW they had tournament matches/that the TV was for note-worthy matches/finals, only :O I am just sorry that I was too busy to record anything/we left our Tripod stand at home...

Thanbks again for doing that <3

Late shoutouts! Sorry, I had to work 10+ days straight :wasted:

I would like to thank everyone who entered the GGXX: AC side tournaments at EVO and congrats to the winners (RF, Elvenshadow, AKA, Hellmonkey, Marline Pie, etc.). Though, many things went wrong and I understand that some are angry (I will discuss more below) I was the female ED/KY/TE player/"twin".

First, let me talk alittle about the tournament/players:

I am very sorry to those of you who did not enjoy the GG tournament/were DQed or dropped out. I know that many things went wrong and things will be much better next time. I also hope that everyone had fun playing casuals and other games. However, to those of you who are complaining of being DQed/the tournament dragging on (PNW, some SoCal, etc.), although I understand that some of you did not like the way that the tournament was run, you could have offered to help even A Little, like Hellmonkey, Teyah, Sanoshi, HellFromAbove, etc., instead of doing nothing but complaining (especially afterwards). I know it was the responsability of Sol-Bumguy & myself to to run the tournament, but as everyone knows, it is hard work to be responsable for 80+ people, especially when a lot of them were constantly disappearing, often WITHOUT telling us, to play different games, etc. Everyone has as much of a right to play one game as much as the other; A LOT of players were constantly in the BB area to play tournament matches (mainly teams) and/or casuals, so if some of those players are so upset about being DQed in GG while they were playing BB, then why? We knew that some of them were in BB a lot of times, but alot of them didn't seem to check back for very long periods of time-- so even though calling matches/trying to find players was our responsability (which we did as much as we were able), babysitting is not. IMHO, at times, it was like some of those DQed players chose BB over GG (which is totally fine), so I barely see a reason to be too salty about what happened. If those players truly cared THAT MUCH about the GG tournament, they could have checked back on their own multiple times, like Teyah, JasonD, Steve H, Soniti, Mighty, Tshkn, Jo, etc. Also, some people claim they were only called once or twice, which was NOT TRUE, at all-- NO ONE was given special treatment for being a better or more famous player (RF was the only exception because no one has/had his number, and no one knows him personally, but he did check back as often as he could have); it just depended on who showed up and when. We were fair and called everyone equally, and many people were told about the various "byes" and delayed matches due to players not showing up, and were even showed the bracket, which could not have been fixed... Again, I am sorry that some had a bad experience, but they truly need to understand how it is to run a tournament that "big", while being somewhat responsable for THAT MANY people, running on only 4 set-ups+while another big tournament is going on.

IMO, other than the issues that Spirit Juice pointed out (starting late, no Laptop, 2 set-ups until 3PM-4PM, not enough DQ's, etc) another big problem with the GG tournament was the fact that some of the players did not seem to respect the tournament all that much. Because it was a side tournament, many people did not seem to respect it/check on their matches or just chose BB over GG (which is fine, whether or not it is their main game), because BB was in the main line-up and it was a courtesy to have us check the entire venue for players+give them 10+ minutes to show up, or else get a loss/DQ-- just please do not complain about about being DQ'd, especially when you held up the tournament like many others (or be like Huey, who dropped out almost immediately, because he KNEW he would be too busy to play in it)... One cannot always have their cake and eat it too. Sorry if this sounded a bit harsh...

Now, for some shoutouts:

Sanoshi: thank you very much for helping us call players on Friday, and for letting us use your latop/!<33 You were a life saver (without it, we would have had to do 5, 16 man pools)! I hope you had a good ime at EVO- until next time ^_^.

Hellmonkey: Thank you so much for helping us run teams, imo, with the exception of a mixup in team names and MarlinPie playing in the MvC3 5-on-5, teams run pretty flawless... Glad to know you still strongly support GG. Take care.

Jo: What I am about to tell you is not an excuse, I promise! Sorry for playing so horrible in teams, the day started off as: I wake up at 6:45am for Marvel pools (only getting an hour of sleep because I was upset that GG singles couldn't finish), I arrive before the doors open, once the doors open, I go to my marvel pool-- so about 10-15 minutes later, my opponenet is nowhere to be found, and our match is up, 10-15 minutes later, the ref sends both him AND ME to losers (I didn't know this until later), despite me checking-in, asking who my opponent is, etc. I play my match against a really good Magneto player, I lose, I'm out (but I am Uninformed about it); I later talk to the ref asking if the pool is finished, he says "yes", I tell him my sistuation, all I hear from him is "there's nothing i can do"-- the EVO staff+other refs who were there, but in pools on the opposite side also over hear the situation; alittle later me and were my sister walking toward the EVO booth to tell them, but they ask me about the situation before I have a chance to tell them, long story short- MrWizard puts me in a pool for 2pm, because they felt I was done unfairly... I almost make it out of it, when we resume GG singles, it's alittle late because of that... By the time teams are run, me & Sol-Bumguy are at our 18+ hour w/n sleep in between+had to resume singles prior... So that's it... I hope you had a good time at EVO, Jo!<3

MarlinPie: Sorry about what happened when you were playing in the marvel 5 on 5...:(

Thanks for still being a cool guy. Stay GDLK!

Honnou: It was nice to meet you, congrats placing so high in teams!

Jason D: GG's, sorry about you waiting to play your match for so long. Glad you had a good time at EVO!

Scott Thank you for being so kind and being concerned about the tournament, I saw that business was great at the booth <3

Tae Seong Kim: were you the person who asked me if I was filipino on sunday night (I was wearing a white kimono top)?

Too bad we never got a chance to play : (.

Teyah: It was nice meeting you for the first time... I'm still verysorry about what happened... Oh, and great job in Marvel, I didn't even know that you played that game! Sorry if I seemed a bit weird, I'm very shy. I would have loved to play you in Guilty Gear (Eddie mirrors, etc), but, there was no more time...!

Take care<3

The Canadians: So sorry about how things went with the GG tournament...You guys have no idea how awful I feel for you guys. But I hope you had fun in the USA, and did great in BB+other games. Stay strong, canadian soldiers!<3

The kind Canadian who donated most of the $300.00 pot bonus: Everyone is very grateful towards you, and your donation did EXACTLY what you wanted it to do; it created more hype, drew in more players (even Japanese) and made GG look like much more than a mere "side event" <3 Thank you so much!

Anyone else I played/forgot: GG's, even I seemed to have lost focus at times tournament during matches... Alot was going throught my mind, and many times I just wanted to "get this over with", even if it meant losing alot of will to play, and if my opponent had the upper-hand (in HPs) I would just "give it to them"... I think this is the least I've played at any tournament...

It was recorded but HUEY253 IS TOO BUSY DRINKING AT SG'S PARTY TO UPLOAD THEM.