Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TGS

Evolution 2011 Results

If anyone who watched GG singles top8 live is willing to help me sort out footage, PM me. I just need someone to identify when casuals start/stop. I have large chunks of footage that I can link you.

Edit: finally identified the top4. Matches uploading now.

edit2: matches

Singles - Losers Semifinals: Hellmonkey (BA) vs AKA (MI) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iys9zFdWM2Q

Based on the matches and the order in which they occur in my videos, the bracket has to be wrong.

Saif should be on the bottom half of losers bracket.

And Steve H must have made it in winners far enough to fight ElvenShadow... Unless his match vs ElvenShadow in the middle of top8 stuff was a causual...

If anyone who watched GG singles top8 live is willing to help me sort out footage, PM me. I just need someone to identify when casuals start/stop. I have large chunks of footage that I can link you.

Edit: finally identified the top4. Matches uploading now.

edit2: matches

Singles - Losers Semifinals: Hellmonkey (BA) vs AKA (MI) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iys9zFdWM2Q

Based on the matches and the order in which they occur in my videos, the bracket has to be wrong.

Saif should be on the bottom half of losers bracket.

And Steve H must have made it in winners far enough to fight ElvenShadow... Unless his match vs ElvenShadow in the middle of top8 stuff was a causual...

Alright... I am not going to say you're wrong, but...

The problem does lie within the bracket yes, but it only exist because: Me & my sister were really busy setting up other matches/looking for players, and no one reported the win/loss of AKA vs Zeero -- though, we expected them to; I/We were not informed of the result until ElvenShadow approached us, and told us: "How can I be fighting AKA when he's in losers?" Realizing something had gone terribly wrong, I asked AKA who he lost to, he told me that he had lost to Zeero-- Unfortunately, the bracket had progressed far too much to correct the error. Eventually, ElvenShadow and AKA agreed to put Zeero in AKA's place... The original bracket went like this: AKA vs Zeero>AKA, AKA vs Simon>AKA, AKA vs CopperDabbit>AKA, AKA vs Steve H>AKA, AKA vs Blitz>AKA - then the next match was supposed to be AKA vs ElvenShadow when the mistake was reported... AKA vs Steve H, and vs Blitz may have been recored, I'm not sure... Because the error in the bracket being reported so late, I'm about 99% sure Steve H fought AKA twice :(... I also just noticed that in the original bracket (I have images on my computer), Steve H is in Bracket BI and not Zeero, I should have looked it over it a few times, before posting it on DL.

Also, Saif was in bracket BG with Zeero IIRC, and Saif won (Zeero placed 17th in the original bracket, when he was switched with AKA), fought AKA and lost- Steve H went next, and lost, then Hellmonkey played, and lost-- finally, AKA fought ElvenShadow, and won...

Unfortunately, because of time restraints, not all of top 8 was recored...:(

BTW, Steve H never played ElvenShadow in the tournament...

Lastly, to Zeero: the top 8 was copy & pasted from Sanoshi's laptop... So the recreated bracket is flawed (you placed 17th in the original bracket, when you were switched with AKA)... This why it is very important for players to report their matches (win/loss), TO's are usually very busy, and cannot watch all matches...

Hope this clears things up... <3

Thank you so much for recording/uploading these matches for the GG community!<3 Your hard work is appreciated.

Oh, and if you want, my sister and I can tell you who the players are, based on the characters they used, and colors they chose...

Ok... this is all so confusing lol. Was Saif the dark blue order sol near the end? I remember him playing yellow earlier. Also, that dark blue Eddie near the end -- was that Latif or someone else?

edit: i talked to steve H and that match was a MM. he did claim to have played ElvenShadow earlier in the tournament thogh.

Ok... this is all so confusing lol. Was Saif the dark blue order sol near the end? I remember him playing yellow earlier. Also, that dark blue Eddie near the end -- was that Latif or someone else?

edit: i talked to steve H and that match was a MM. he did claim to have played ElvenShadow earlier in the tournament thogh.

Saif played the dark blue OR w/white hair (as did Sapphire, but didn't get as far as Saif did, unfortunately), though he did use the yellow colour too. The dark blue Eddie must have been DavidCue; did the Eddie colour have light blue hair too? IIRC, there were only 4 Eddie players-- Latif, Teyah (Ogawa colour), DavidCue (dark blue colour?) and me (white colours with black or blond hair). So based on my last posts, do the characters/colours add up with the bracket?

Edit: Now I get it, in the original bracket, when I switched AKA and Zeero-- it shows that Steve H played Zeero, beat him, and since AKA beat blitz and sent him to losers, I gave Steve H the win in order to try to make sense of the reporting error... So he indeed did play ElvenShadow...

Ky-Sama -

Just to clarify, I was standing behind Zeero and pointing at him while he reported the win. I specifically remember that, but as far as anything beyond that I am unsure. It is entirely possible the match was reported to the wrong person? But I know for a fact that the match was reported. Sorry for the confusion.

Sadly, then it must have been reported to the wrong person. If SOMEHOW, it was reported to me (because Ky-Sama certainly was unaware that Zeero won until many matches later, and she was the main person running the bracket, while I was calling, finding players and watching as many matches as possible), then I must have been very distracted, dealing with other results, texting/calling players or reporting other matches. Regardless, sorry about the confusion, and at least top 8 finished accurately, for the most part. I know that you and other players were very good at reporting your matches (even during teams), so we would never blame you for the confusion. Again, sorry about the confusion...

Congrats and we look forward to seeing more of your matches uploaded <3

Sol Bumguy - Hey no worries. I think given the circumstances, you guys did a bang-up job. Thanks again for running this and here's to another tournament next year!

Not to spam or anything, but Soniti's EVO GG tounament matches made SRK's front page: http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/20/evo-2011-guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-replays/

It is great to see GG getting more exposure, especially on a Capcom/SF (<3) centric-site <3 Thanks again for uploading, Soniti, and looking forwward to more in the future, when you have time.

It's nice to see GGAC getting SRK front page attention :)

I made a playlist of the top8 footage I have, including these videos not uploaded yet when that SRK news article was released: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL30A4AA94A7D79401

I have some more footage I'm sorting through in preparation for uploading-

Here's whats to come:

• [*
]Evo 2011 GGAC Losers Quarterfinals - Hellmonkey (BA) vs MarlinPie (SL)Evo 2011 GGAC Winners Semifinals - RF (FA) vs MarlinePie (SL)
Evo 2011 GGAC Losers Quarterfinals - Steve H (KY) vs AKA (MI)
Evo 2011 GGAC Winners Quarterfinals - RF (FA) vs Saif (OS)
Evo 2011 GGAC Losers Top16 - Saif (OS) vs Brokentier Latif (ED) <- At least I think it's him, based on the brackets. Not 100% sure.
Evo 2011 GGAC Losers Top16 - Steve H (KY) vs DavidCue (ED)
Evo 2011 GGAC Losers Top32 - Steve H (KY) vs Honnou (IN)

also some early matches to come~

I also have a TON (read: ~1.5 hours) worth of casual sessions between Steve H and various players...

And a bunch more misc casual footage that I may or may not end up uploading eventually.

edit: i found some more teams footage and i'm attempting to sort it out.

Here are the teams matches i've got. There are others but I am unable to identify them.

[*]Evo 2011 GGAC Teams - Grand Finals - Team Japan (FA, BA, ED) vs Team Elvenshadow (FA, IN, TE)

[*]Evo 2011 GGAC Teams - Winners Finals - Ask Saif (OS, JA, PO) vs Team Japan (FA, BA, ED)

[*]Evo 2011 GGAC Teams - Losers Finals - Ask Saif (OS, JA, PO) vs Team Elvenshadow (IN, TE, FA)

[*]Evo 2011 GGAC Teams - Losers Round 4 -Team Hachi Roku (TE, BA, JO) vs Team Ask Saif (OS, PO, JA)

[*]Evo 2011 GGAC Teams - Winners Round 2 - Team Old Men (ED, _, _) vs Team Hachi Roku (TE, BA, JO)

Questions: Whose team was PhaethonH on?

>(i'm assuming it's him from the purple may. Looks like he was teamed with a white Testament and zombie color Sol. Their opponent was a red/orange Baiken, rest unknown).

Did Elvenshadow/RF OCV a team as blue color Faust at some point? If so, which team?

I know I ocved like 2 teams at least and I was sometimes using the blue faust. RF used black faust the whole time so it must have been me. what characters were on the team?

It's nice to see GGAC getting SRK front page attention :)

I made a playlist of the top8 footage I have, including these videos not uploaded yet when that SRK news article was released: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL30A4AA94A7D79401

I have some more footage I'm sorting through in preparation for uploading-

Here's whats to come:

• [*
]Evo 2011 GGAC Losers Quarterfinals - Hellmonkey (BA) vs MarlinPie (SL)Evo 2011 GGAC Winners Semifinals - RF (FA) vs MarlinePie (SL)
Evo 2011 GGAC Losers Quarterfinals - Steve H (KY) vs AKA (MI)
Evo 2011 GGAC Winners Quarterfinals - RF (FA) vs Saif (OS)
Evo 2011 GGAC Losers Top16 - Saif (OS) vs Brokentier Latif (ED) <- At least I think it's him, based on the brackets. Not 100% sure.
Evo 2011 GGAC Losers Top16 - Steve H (KY) vs DavidCue (ED)
Evo 2011 GGAC Losers Top32 - Steve H (KY) vs Honnou (IN)

also some early matches to come~

I also have a TON (read: ~1.5 hours) worth of casual sessions between Steve H and various players...

And a bunch more misc casual footage that I may or may not end up uploading eventually.

edit: i found some more teams footage and i'm attempting to sort it out.

Here are the teams matches i've got. There are others but I am unable to identify them.

[*]Evo 2011 GGAC Teams - Grand Finals - Team Japan (FA, BA, ED) vs Team Elvenshadow (FA, IN, TE)

[*]Evo 2011 GGAC Teams - Winners Finals - Ask Saif (OS, JA, PO) vs Team Japan (FA, BA, ED)

[*]Evo 2011 GGAC Teams - Losers Finals - Ask Saif (OS, JA, PO) vs Team Elvenshadow (IN, TE, FA)

[*]Evo 2011 GGAC Teams - Losers Round 4 -Team Hachi Roku (TE, BA, JO) vs Team Ask Saif (OS, PO, JA)

[*]Evo 2011 GGAC Teams - Winners Round 2 - Team Old Men (ED, _, _) vs Team Hachi Roku (TE, BA, JO)

Questions: Whose team was PhaethonH on?

>(i'm assuming it's him from the purple may. Looks like he was teamed with a white Testament and zombie color Sol. Their opponent was a red/orange Baiken, rest unknown).

Did Elvenshadow/RF OCV a team as blue color Faust at some point? If so, which team?

Sorry, I had no idea that you were editing your post, sorry again...

IIRC, Team Old Men was Stormlocke (RO)/?? (??)/ ?? (??). Also, PhaethonH was in "Winner's Don't Use lag", I believe, so it must have been him. BTW, "Team MarlinPie" was actually "Team We Suck"; I was just messing with BlueNINE during sign-ups, but meant to change it... Ky-Sama still has the sign-ups+bracket, but IIRC:

Winners Don't Use Lag - Vince (SO?)/Roland (TE)/PhaethonH (MA)

Team DP's Suck - TSHN (SO)/??(VE)/??(SL)

Simon (SO?)/MikeBoy (??)/Klaige (AN)

Antonio (??) - solo, played 3 sets

Team Midwest - AKA (MI)/DavidCue (ED)/SuperFX (JO)

Jason D's Team - JasonD (AX)/?? (AB)/?? (??)

Sorry, cannot remember anyone else without actually looking at/finding the bracket. Hope that helped, and thanks again for doing this...

Klaige was at EVO? Wtf. I wanna play that guy. Dammit. Team DP's suck was TSHKN (SO), Richard (VE) and Mark (SL). I know because I was rooming with them at EVO. Good stuff on trying to hammer out the details on all that footage, Soniti. You're doing a great job. Casual matches jumbled in with tournament footage must be a real pain to sort through. Everyone did a great job at EVO, especially Bumguy and her sister Ky-sama. It wouldn't have happened without you two. Thanks for everything! Sorry about being low tier. I'll do better next EVO. ;D

Double post. Because yes, I am that awesome. Soniti! You're uploading these right? You're doing a good job but you actually mislabeled two videos.. and they're mine, lol.

Brokentier Latif vs frcflyingjohnny is actually Cue vs me

frcflyingjohnny vs Moroha is actually me vs Stealthduck.. I think that was his name?? He was like the only ABA player there.

I thought it was kinda weird because I don't remember Latif and Moroha actually entering Guilty Gear? But yeah, those two matches are actually mine haha.

I thought he was busy playing other games. I didn't really see him around the GG area much. ;o

Just wanna point out that I'm continuing to upload videos and editing that post on page9. Once I've finished more content, I'll probably make a news article or something.

Klaige was at EVO? Wtf. I wanna play that guy.

Indeed sir I was. It was very much a last minute thing. Even worse my ps2 stick malfunction so I only played 1 match in singles and then borrowed sticks for teams (and I absoultely suck at executing without my stick in gear. Ok check that I suck at execution all the time lol). Sorry I missed you, though I dunno why anyone wants to play my washed up Anji haha. I would have enjoyed a few matches. I like the johnny matchup, it's fun and has some interesting ticks to it, but I rarely get to play it anymore since no one plays him (and cuz no one plays accent core).