Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #2: Now with 100% more mahou shoujos!

Bleh, more character specific stuff to deal with. I'll give it a try lol.

Yup, not many people expect cross-ups when dealing with Platinum when she doesn't have the hammer equipped. Should work if used occasionally.

With the Perorin Loop in CSE, you can cancel in the middle of it to do Hammer cross-ups. Shit is devious, I love it.

I'd do it as a clutch, in the same way that I reset 5A x n sloppy hit-confirms into command throw when there's a bubble floating around and they'll be thrown into it by the command grab lmao

Questions:

1.) Does the hammer loop still whiff on Hakumen and Hazama? It usually whiffs at the second set (sj.B > j.C > JC > j.C > j.D)

2.) How do you guys feel about IAD Swallow > j.C cross-ups? Do you think they're worth the risk if you have your back against the corner and you wanna trade spots with the opponent?

haku and hazama were comboable if you did j.b > j.c > j.b > j.c > j.d as the last rep, but this couldn't be done with a 6a > 22c earlier in the combo (if you started with 5c). IAD swallow moon > j.c isn't that great of an idea since j.C is slow. IAD swallow moon > j.b > j.a is better, but neither should be done unless you're conditioned them well enough since it's pretty easy to react to.

IAD swallow moon crossups are ridiculously easy to react to, but I suppose they can be used once in a while.

Yeah, Swallow Moon start-up + the j.2C start-up make for an awfully slow cross-up. If they block it then I can at least reset pressure but if they AA me out of it then I'm in deep shit lol. I brought this up because I saw it in a Japanese match video and thought, "Why not? It might just work when used in a whim."

I tested the air grab out of a groundsliding opponent, and it isn't Rachel specific. It worked on Carl, and knowing Carl's grounded hitbox, I assume it should work on everyone.

Yeah, Swallow Moon start-up + the j.2C start-up make for an awfully slow cross-up. If they block it then I can at least reset pressure but if they AA me out of it then I'm in deep shit lol. I brought this up because I saw it in a Japanese match video and thought, "Why not? It might just work when used in a whim."

When I really want to get out of the corner (against a character like Litchi maybe) sometimes I might do something like IAD j.2C > Swallow Moon > crossup j.B > j.A > j.A > land > 5A. With the right spacing the opponent can't do a reversal after j.B since it goes right back into 5A pressure. Admittedly though, it's janky at best.

Ive got a question Id like to throw out there, lately Ive been getting back into the game and one of my major problems in BB just in general is getting out of pressure. I should probably just take the time to sit down and read some frame data, but I was wondering if ya'll did anything specific, like which normals should be used (Outside the bat anyways) Most people tell me to just wait until they throw out an overhead which works for the most part, but I thought there might be other key times to get out of it that I was missing.

Ive got a question Id like to throw out there, lately Ive been getting back into the game and one of my major problems in BB just in general is getting out of pressure. I should probably just take the time to sit down and read some frame data, but I was wondering if ya'll did anything specific, like which normals should be used (Outside the bat anyways) Most people tell me to just wait until they throw out an overhead which works for the most part, but I thought there might be other key times to get out of it that I was missing.

You can't really explain something like this without using frame data or really knowing the openings for each characters pressure. The main tools for getting out of sticky situations is using the Bat and trying to Barrier your way out until you can either super jump out of the way, or you can use her backdash for some invincibility. If you want to punish unsafe moves you have to turn to the frame data to see what works, then you should try it out in-game to make sure that it's really possible. The best moves to use for this are 5A, 2A and a throw, because those are fast. You should also practice Instant Blocking, it will give you bigger openings to escape/punish the opponent whenever you get the chance.

Platinum doesn't do particularly well on the defensive, she doesn't have a lot of fast moves for punishing at close range, and she only has two moves that can be used as reversals, the Bat and Cure Dot Typhoon, both are very situational as well, because one is an item and the other is a super. The best option you can take is trying to save as much meter as you can for Counter Assaults, but this is also situational.

Ah, thanks for the tips. I got sloppy after CS2 got released due to the scene dying around. Probably just need some IB and character specific matchup experience. Thanks for the tip though :3

Ah, thanks for the tips. I got sloppy after CS2 got released due to the scene dying around. Probably just need some IB and character specific matchup experience. Thanks for the tip though :3

No problem, and if you need any other help, you're always welcome to ask. ;P

Also, I'm surprised no one posted these yet:

【Help!!-LUNA side】

【Help!!-SENA side】

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvTzh82A4c

There were some really great stuff in these that can be optimized I think, like j.D (Bat) > 2C > 22C corner stuff. A lot of this I want to test out come Valentines Day.

Uri I tested the bat stuff and it seems optimal.

I got 5k and 50 heat off 5C and pretty good damage off 2B/5B starter but it feels tighter.

Bat is the new pan in combos and pan is just pan.

Uri I tested the bat stuff and it seems optimal.

I got 5k and 50 heat off 5C and pretty good damage off 2B/5B starter but it feels tighter.

Bat is the new pan in combos and pan is just pan.

Very nice, I can't wait to try it all out.

At least the Pan is still an overhead, it sad that's it's not too great anymore, but it's still a little mixup.

I just want a jump cancelable 2B, she'd be so dumb. :3

Actually ive got one last question, i know its already been asked in the f.a.q. but what kinda pressure strings do you usually use without getting simply mashed out of? I know simple things like 5a 2a 5a 5c 3c are pretty safe but how do you get away with things like tk'd swallow moon and 5a 2a 5a dash 5a etc. I end up having a hard time getting people to respect my pressure ;-;

Actually ive got one last question, i know its already been asked in the f.a.q. but what kinda pressure strings do you usually use without getting simply mashed out of? I know simple things like 5a 2a 5a 5c 3c are pretty safe but how do you get away with things like tk'd swallow moon and 5a 2a 5a dash 5a etc. I end up having a hard time getting people to respect my pressure ;-;

You have to condition your opponent very well, you need to make them think you're going to do something unsafe then go for something that is, when they're trained to think you're going low, go high, add in throws and command grabs every once in a while, it's hard to really teach someone how to condition a opponent, you just have to know how they play.

There is no "safe" way to do TK Swallow Moon mixups, or Dramatic Sammy resets, tick throws, Dream Sally oki, it all comes at the price of being unsafe at some point during the mixup, which is where the enemy can escape. Play around with some mixups, do 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C and then once they get used to it do 5B > 2B > 5C > 6B or do 5B > 2B > 6B, 5B > 6A > 3C and try to keep it fresh.

I like 6A>6B.

Pushed them far enough away for 6B>5A/5C to work and is a very small gap for them to try to push through.

I forgot to note that 3C is not safe on IB and there are characters who can easily punish that.

In cases where your opponent knows this you'd have to space 3C out far it is safer and rely on safer strings.

I forgot to note that 3C is not safe on IB and there are characters who can easily punish that.

In cases where your opponent knows this you'd have to space 3C out far it is safer and rely on safer strings.

To add on this, you need to use 5A and 2A as much as you can, they are Platinum's safest, fastest and most abusable normals. Even if it can get kind of lame to just keep using 5AxN, it's what you have to do, it's also a great tool for conditioning because they gatling into all of her normals (Note: 2A > 5B does not combo on standing opponents) and 5A is jump cancelable, so you get lots of mixup off of these.

Is 5axN into dash 5a safe on block? I see it quite often as a way to reset pressure but i always saw it as a bit risky

It's pretty safe, there isn't a whole lot that can get through it, but it isn't reliable, you should use it though.

Like most of Platinum's other pressure techniques, you need to keep things fresh, so don't repeat it a lot, and it will cause them to fear your pressure, letting you reset your pressure using dash > 5A's and such.

Looking at some jbbs tier lists. Platinum is still C tier apparently.

The fact that no one plays her (Shoutouts to Shiromadoushi) and that she gets outcasted....

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that we play such a obscure character.

I think Plat as more of a "Easy to learn, hard to master" character.

I think the main thing that is always gonna keep Platinum from reaching the high ends of the tier-lists is just how random she is. There's no way to be consistent with her when you're constantly adapting your play depending on what item you have without any way of knowing what you'll get next. It's probably not the best thing in the world that not many people play Platinum either, but that shouldn't stop you from figuring out some good tech for yourself.

That said, Extend seems really balanced so being C-tier might not be that bad anyway (Noel, for example, is also C-tier and she seems to be doing fine).

Your avatar makes me sad, by the way. :<