Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #2: Now with 100% more mahou shoujos!

Looking at some jbbs tier lists. Platinum is still C tier apparently.

The fact that no one plays her (Shoutouts to Shiromadoushi) and that she gets outcasted....

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that we play such a obscure character.

I think Plat as more of a "Easy to learn, hard to master" character.

I dunno, imo she isnt really what id consider to be good right now. Her normals are kinda bad and a lot of her items arent useful in certain matchups. She gets outclassed in a lot of matchups against characters with fast/good normals. Shes a cool character but I do feel a bit weak playing her

Yeah, the main thing with Plat is just that random factor.

Your avatar makes me sad, by the way. :<

It's make me sad too if it was done well :kitty:

Try play a match-up without relying on items (Not pressing D once in a match, that's gotta' be difficult for you :kitty:).

But yeah, having your match-ups always item dependent isn't easy on us. It seems that she relies more on her items in EX then CS, which isn't really a good thing.

You got extend yet?

It's make me sad too if it was done well :kitty:

Noel's head doesn't deserve to be animated. I also gave her a hair cut =P

I agree, the only thing keeping Platinum from being on the higher end of the spectrum is the random factor that comes with using her items. If she had the ability to use her items at any given time (Like her unlimited version) she'd probably be one of the best characters in the game, IMO.

If she had the ability to use her items at any given time (Like her unlimited version) she'd probably be one of the best characters in the game, IMO.

That would be broken, but awesome.

Noel's head doesn't deserve to be animated. I also gave her a hair cut =P

Yup, those two things are totally the only things wrong :kitty:

Plat with controlled items..... M-M-M-M-MISSILES!!!!

I love Platinum where she's at, personally. Even at C-tier, she has most all the tool she needs (insert complaints about not having a reversal) to be a threat in most matchups; they're just really ghetto.

Them 5.5 item dependent match-ups

Yup, those two things are totally the only things wrong :kitty:

If your trying to insult my talented Photoshop Elements skills, then your doing a bad job.

Also, where did you go from my friends list? Did you decide I was not worth your love =(

So Plat is C-Tier because of her randomness? It doesn't even feel like she has a solid tier because of her said randomness. The difficulty of matchups always seem to vary from really good to really bad depending on her item lineup. Speaking of that getting pans over and over again really screws me over lol. So their view of her tier doesn't really effect me at all, when I'm gambling every time I play her.

So Plat is C-Tier because of her randomness?

Plat is C-tier because she has weak defenses (no real reversal options), has slow normals, and really only does consistent damage (even if it's amazing damage) near/in the corner. The random factor is just a minor set back. All in my opinion of course.

Chyeah, team C-tier going in lololol.

If your trying to insult my talented Photoshop Elements skills, then your doing a bad job.

Nah, I needn't insult the avatar, you already did a fine job at that.

Also, where did you go from my friends list? Did you decide I was not worth your love =(

No, it was just I figured that since we never played AND if we ever were to play it'd be Eurolag that there was no point. Though you are not worth my love, it had nothing to do with me removing you~

Try play a match-up without relying on items (Not pressing D once in a match, that's gotta' be difficult for you :kitty:).

But yeah, having your match-ups always item dependent isn't easy on us. It seems that she relies more on her items in EX then CS, which isn't really a good thing.

You got extend yet?

I won matches without using items because I had no choice to.

Plat is C-tier because she has weak defenses (no real reversal options), has slow normals, and really only does consistent damage (even if it's amazing damage) near/in the corner. The random factor is just a minor set back. All in my opinion of course.

Chyeah, team C-tier going in lololol.

When BB3 comes she needs more non-item based buffs.

Nah, I needn't insult the avatar, you already did a fine job at that.

I'm sorry I didn't realize your's was absolutely amazing.

When BB3 comes she needs more non-item based buffs.

She needs faster normals.

Uri I tested the bat stuff and it seems optimal.

I got 5k and 50 heat off 5C and pretty good damage off 2B/5B starter but it feels tighter.

Bat is the new pan in combos and pan is just pan.

pan gets better midscreen damage (as bat gets none) and still gets good corner damage. someone send me a hauppauge or an avermedia or something #cirnofund2012

I know what you mean, Doc. I just recently saw Yumekami do a F.Pan combo and got some amazing damage off of it and did some pretty dirty resets with it too. I was wrong to think that F.Pan is her worst item in CSE, ALL of her items are gdlk.

pan gets better midscreen damage (as bat gets none) and still gets good corner damage. someone send me a hauppauge or an avermedia or something #cirnofund2012

It's only $20-30 for non-HD recording equipment, if you really want it. xD

It's only $20-30 for non-HD recording equipment, if you really want it. xD

LINK ME.

I really need some direct feed recording equipment, HD or not, anything is better then a video camera, on a tripod, in front of a TV.

I know what you mean, Doc. I just recently saw Yumekami do a F.Pan combo and got some amazing damage off of it and did some pretty dirty resets with it too. I was wrong to think that F.Pan is her worst item in CSE, ALL of her items are gdlk.

She hass a worst item in CSE?

All of her items are deliciously troll.

Ok bombs to me even with their buff feels the weakest but its still good.

Only things Bombs are good for are oki, corner lockdown and UNBLOCKABLES!

Speaking of upgrading your items. The only two I seem to upgrade in CS2 are Hammer and Missiles, but that's only when I know they will be useful.

I keep the heat for Counter Assaults.

Anyway, is it still worthless to upgrade Pan?

Man, I just got through an extensive session of Platinum vs Hakumen and this match-up is a tough one and I can imagine that it's a true pain in the ass in CSE. If you're both in the air and you're at a range where your j.C might hit him... don't even bother, his j.C will always beat you in terms of speed and range and his j.2C does too if you're a few frames late. His 2D makes it a pain to try and poke him on the ground, gotta poke with extreme care. His Drives and Void say "nope" to your missiles and bombs, although the bomb still goes through it and the explosion might still just hit him. Cat Hammer is godlike here though and I'm looking forward to the CH combos in CSE. He's vulnerable if you get through his zoning range though, 5A x n and Swallow mix-up ftw but even here you still have to be careful of his drives.

I can't wait for CSE

Plat vs Hakumen is my personal worse match up.

I'm too busy mind fucking myself to mind fuck hakumen.

Mu is easy for Plat, So easy that half the time the match up is in your favor.

You pretty much AA he with 2B.

You IB SoD, 6C, and 2C and you have a answer for a lot of her stuff.

She is also free to heart cars more than any other character in my experience.

She tries to 6C>stein you get a heart car, hell she does anything that is basic Mu shit and Plat can kill her.

The problem is when she locks you down and you don't know what to look for.