Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #2: Now with 100% more mahou shoujos!

Okay, lets talk gimmicks. Particularly throw gimmicks.

Is there any merit to learning a forced tech throw setup? Was goofing off in training mode when I found out.

With regular pan, regular hit, on the ground: 5a x3, 5d, 5a x3, 5d, 5a (forced tech right here, 100% of the time) Throw right away is always green throw.

Granted this is a really bad bad bad example, but with Plat, is there useful combos that you ride all the way until the forced tech point, and keep yourself in range for a throw? Big part of what I like about Plat is the gimmicks.... and something like this seems fun.

Also, be nice if this is obvious something you all do already. Thanks in advance!

It's something I've been doing since week one of CS2 Plat, but it's still fun to catch people off guard with. Not to mention you can substitute a 2A instead of a grab for mixup options.

As for "gimmicks", another "reset" I'm fond of is after a normal corner combo with Mami ender, 2B 2C. They tech after the 2B, and if they're mashing tech they'll get hit by 2C. Nothing to break the bank with, but if you notice your opponent is a bit mashy, it's an option. Relatively nonpunishable if it whiffs too, but don't get in a habit of it.

Like GGJ, I'd prefer to go for resets during the second rep of the j.2C mid-screen loop. j.2C has laughable hit-stun so you can easily go for a green throw and other mix-up. If not then you can always finish the combo.

It's something I've been doing since week one of CS2 Plat, but it's still fun to catch people off guard with. Not to mention you can substitute a 2A instead of a grab for mixup options.

As for "gimmicks", another "reset" I'm fond of is after a normal corner combo with Mami ender, 2B 2C. They tech after the 2B, and if they're mashing tech they'll get hit by 2C. Nothing to break the bank with, but if you notice your opponent is a bit mashy, it's an option. Relatively nonpunishable if it whiffs too, but don't get in a habit of it.

I love using this, but I always use 5C because it lifts them higher if they decide to block it, making you only just a bit safer.

Noob question time! (I'm still full of these) Can someone remind me which of Platinum's bubbles is the one that doesn't hit the opponent on corner oki? Or to word it better, which bubble would I use to bait Hakumen into whiffing a counter on wakeup after a corner combo?

214C goes upward, and 214A goes forward then upward after about a second,but 214C is better for faking out an opponent.

Does anyone else want to run the combo thread for Extend? I'm going to be super busy in the Painwheel forums when Skullgirls hits and I don't know if I'll have the time to try and run two combo threads, while maintaining all of the other threads in the Painwheel section, and working on the wiki.

If no one else wants to, I can make the time to do it, but it'd be nice if someone was willing to take the load off. :toot:

Only two more days guys, get hype!

Noob question time! (I'm still full of these) Can someone remind me which of Platinum's bubbles is the one that doesn't hit the opponent on corner oki? Or to word it better, which bubble would I use to bait Hakumen into whiffing a counter on wakeup after a corner combo?

I use 214B because I want the Bubble to go away as quickly as possible so that I can reuse it in the next hit-confirm. 214B seems to be out of the Counter's range as seen here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEhVvmsm4qs&feature=channel_video_title#t=7m42s

It barely misses 6D and Yukikaze.

Does anyone else want to run the combo thread for Extend? I'm going to be super busy in the Painwheel forums when Skullgirls hits and I don't know if I'll have the time to try and run two combo threads, while maintaining all of the other threads in the Painwheel section, and working on the wiki.

If no one else wants to, I can make the time to do it, but it'd be nice if someone was willing to take the load off. :toot:

Only two more days guys, get hype!

I'd be willing to do it. I could update it every Sunday or so.

I use 214B because I want the Bubble to go away as quickly as possible so that I can reuse it in the next hit-confirm. 214B seems to be out of the Counter's range as seen here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEhVvmsm4qs&feature=channel_video_title#t=7m42s

It barely misses 6D and Yukikaze.

That's the one! Thanks, I was too lazy to check in training mode.

I could handle it since I finished most of my Tager stuff.

We can make GGJ do it too.

Awesome, thanks guys.

We've got one day left, and the anticipation is killing me.

This. xN.