Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #2: Now with 100% more mahou shoujos!

Say, Platinum players.

I think we shall do some matches after I get my copy of CS Extend on Sunday. :)

But before you ask, I only use PSN, sorry.

Sure, I'll play. :3

*Platinum player but only uses Ragna online.

Okay, I'll take up a challenge. :)

Say, Platinum players.

I think we shall do some matches after I get my copy of CS Extend on Sunday. :)

But before you ask, I only use PSN, sorry.

You can add me too, I just hope we don't lag too hard. I play with someone from Texas and it ain't bad, so we could try things out.

Err... sorry barging in for some corner combo question -> 5b>5c>236b>5c>2c>214c>6c>22c>6a>6c>22c>.... <-is it possible to do with whatever finisher from this point? since i can't seem to nail 5c at all.

No, the combo has been scaled so bad at that point that you can no longer even do 5A > 6A. Those double 22C combos are tough and require perfect timing on the 22C. I'd just Combo Finisher 2 after the first 22C to be sure. You lose a bit of damage but it's better than dropping the combo on a 5C.

Wait, I just checked the thread and I don't have a double 22C listed in that combo, I have it as what I just posted above. You're pretty much only able to do two 22Cs in a combo from a P1 90 starter or with a RC. You were seeing things after all lol.

Anyone willing to spar with me on xbox Cs Extend, I got mines last night and been hitting the training room.

Anyone willing to spar with me on xbox Cs Extend, I got mines last night and been hitting the training room.

Where are you from? I may be up for some games if you're not on the other side of the country.

I'm always up, just lack a mic. Just send a request and make a room if you see me on.

Wait, I just checked the thread and I don't have a double 22C listed in that combo, I have it as what I just posted above. You're pretty much only able to do two 22Cs in a combo from a P1 90 starter or with a RC. You were seeing things after all lol.

You gotta land only 2 hits before heart car for you to get two 22C's in a combo, it has to be 85P1 or higher.

Edit forgot: this only applies to using bubble, you can do it off a air confirm though.

So has Platinum's match-ups changed much for CSE, or are they still pretty similar to CS2?

I figured with the fact that she's still random, much hasn't changed.

Looking for someone to do some player matches with someone who is new to the series, also and help or tutoring would be appreciated

Where are you from, depending on how far you are, I can play you.

So has Platinum's match-ups changed much for CSE, or are they still pretty similar to CS2?

I figured with the fact that she's still random, much hasn't changed.

Some have changed due to character changes, but overall her bad matchups got better. But some of her bad matchups got worse, like Ragna and Hakumen, it's even harder to fight them now. But Platinum can hold her own against pretty much every character, much better then in CS2.

To me match ups didn't change much.

Ragna feels the same.

Makoto and Hazama are easier.

Tager is harder.

If only she kept her CS2 damage....

She doesn't need it, and quite frankly, I think she'd be a little stupid if she did. The fact she can combo off of pretty much EVERYTHING now for close to 3K is good enough. Most character can't even do that. Could you imagine if she got 5-6K off of a CH Cat Mace? That would be waaaaay too good.

She doesn't need it, and quite frankly, I think she'd be a little stupid if she did. The fact she can combo off of pretty much EVERYTHING now for close to 3K is good enough. Most character can't even do that. Could you imagine if she got 5-6K off of a CH Cat Mace? That would be waaaaay too good.

She's not even that good now, what should be buffed to make her better? I mean Ragna can get 3k+ off everything and he's top tier.

She's not even that good now, what should be buffed to make her better? I mean Ragna can get 3k+ off everything and he's top tier.

Platinum isn't top tier because she doesn't have reliable tools to deal with every matchup. Unlike character such as Ranga or Valkenhayn, Platinum can't base matchups on how she can use her items against the opponent, because there is no way to control that. Naturally she's bad against rushdown because she doesn't have consistent escape options. And she's not good against zoners because she doesn't have consistent approach options.

She has the other tools that make a good character, lots of mixup, great oki, good projectiles, great anti-airs, air-to-airs, jump ins, frame traps, pokes. She's just not consistent, and that's where her downfall lies.