Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #2: Now with 100% more mahou shoujos!

I still can't get the combo to connect with changed timing on the 22C. Oh well, I'm freeeeeee.

Edit: What do you guys think about this combo?

5B > 3C > 22C > RC > 66 5C > 2C > delay 236B > 66 6C > 22C > 5C > 6A > 236B [3678 damage/24 heat]

I having trouble adding anything else to this, help would be appreciated.

I still can't get the combo to connect with changed timing on the 22C. Oh well, I'm freeeeeee.

Edit: What do you guys think about this combo?

5B > 3C > 22C > RC > 66 5C > 2C > delay 236B > 66 6C > 22C > 5C > 6A > 236B [3678 damage/24 heat]

I having trouble adding anything else to this, help would be appreciated.

You used 2 mami circulars already, the combo is pretty prorated by that point.

I believe a third 5C would make them tech before the super, I would test this out right now but it's super late and people are sleeping.

5C after two Mamis is too highly prorated to hit with the super. If 3C can connect (ie if they don't tech before the 3C), then it'll work. Mami's 20% repeat proration hits combos pretty hard, so usually only something like 3C will have enough untechable time to connect a super afterwards.

You could always just do CDT immediately after Mami hits, guaranteed to work.

Yeah, CDT immediately works in this situation. If the combo is prorated too hard, though, they'll tech before the CDT hits. As far as that combo goes in general, if you're going to start with 5B 3C 22C RC the combo would be better pushed to: 5B > 3C > 22C > 66 2C > 236B > 6C > j.236C > j.C > 22C > 6A > 6C > 22C > 5C > 6A > 236B > 3C > oki/CDT. Oki ender gets you 4351 damage, 33 meter (-50).

edit: oho, just noticed the one in the combo thread gives 4 more meter. good stuff

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Helped me learn more of Platinum's combo theory.

I'm definitely going to try the combo you just posted Cirno. Sounds like something I'll be able to do eventually.

Is there a reason doing hammer loop with whatever 6a sj.b j.c jump cancel j.b hammuh 5c is harder to do in this version than in the last?

I do it sometimes because I get worried about my height and the second j.c whiffing, and it never was an issue in cs2 besides missed damage..... but i miss it a lot more now.

*puzzled*

(other than that, playing better, starting to blow up scrubs doing scrub things, i should mail xie something as thanks because his stream archives are teaching me a ton)

:toot:

Is there a reason doing hammer loop with whatever 6a sj.b j.c jump cancel j.b hammuh 5c is harder to do in this version than in the last?

I do it sometimes because I get worried about my height and the second j.c whiffing, and it never was an issue in cs2 besides missed damage..... but i miss it a lot more now.

*puzzled*

(other than that, playing better, starting to blow up scrubs doing scrub things, i should mail xie something as thanks because his stream archives are teaching me a ton)

:toot:

The timing is pretty much the same, it feels slightly different because of j.C's recovery changes, but you should input it just like you used to.

To me, I think it got easier, the height for the Lvl. 3 Hammer feels less strict compared to CS2, although it could just be me.

Hit up training mode for a bit and keep grinding out the loop until you get used to it, that's the only way you'll get past this.

I fucking hate the Plat vs. Ragna match-up.

HELP ME :'(

EDIT: Does Plat have any 214D (Get rid of item) combos midscreen? I'm finding it hard to "scroll through them" in some match-ups.

I fucking hate the Plat vs. Ragna match-up.

HELP ME :'(

EDIT: Does Plat have any 214D (Get rid of item) combos midscreen? I'm finding it hard to "scroll through them" in some match-ups.

It's a hard matchup, the main focus is poking and hit-confirming as much as possible. Stay on the ground as much as you can as well, because his 6A beats Plat's jump-ins clean.

And no, she does not, item toss makes the opponent fly across the screen.

It's time for another "Good Idea/Bad Idea"

Good Idea:

Giving matchup advice in a polite and informative matter:

It's a hard matchup, the main focus is poking and hit-confirming as much as possible. Stay on the ground as much as you can as well, because his 6A beats Plat's jump-ins clean.

Bad Idea:

Giving matchup advice in 5 words or less:

Play solid and neutral.

It's time for another "Good Idea/Bad Idea"

Good Idea:

Giving matchup advice in a polite and informative matter:

Bad Idea:

Giving matchup advice in 5 words or less:

But isn't pointing out a bad idea, without explaining why its a bad idea.....

a bad idea?

Hehe.

i did not realize the reference at the time

but now i do

and i feel like a jackass.

sorry luna :(

Cheers for the info.

Another thing, sorry if this has been talked about before, but is this some sort of a tech trap/set-up with bombs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2S-GKie4uk&feature=channel#t=12m33s

It's not a tech trap, but a setup for safe mixups. Most people try to jump away from bombs, making them free to lows, and others try to stand block them because they think Platinum will be approaching from the air. So running up and doing a low can normally catch most players, and sometimes you will hit them out of the beginning part of their jump frames with 2B, but this only works if you can catch them as fast as possible after a knock down. These mixups are probably the best uses for her bombs, aside from stopping air dashers.

It's not a tech trap, but a setup for safe mixups. Most people try to jump away from bombs, making them free to lows, and others try to stand block them because they think Platinum will be approaching from the air. So running up and doing a low can normally catch most players, and sometimes you will hit them out of the beginning part of their jump frames with 2B, but this only works if you can catch them as fast as possible after a knock down. These mixups are probably the best uses for her bombs, aside from stopping air dashers.

I see. Just seems strange to drop a kill combo for it.

So I have to ask, who's gonna be the first person to release a Platinum Combo Video with "Platinum Disco"? It sounds way too fitting (besides whatever the lyrics mean).

Or did someone already do it? lol...

Projectile 214D is combo-able.

For the other items, you can use it as a combo ender, but yeah. Opponent flies away. Unless you're close to the corner or you rapid (which is still unstable combo material), following up a non-projectile hit from 214D midscreen isn't possible. Might be possible to do whiff combos with the non-projectiles tossed items. Not sure.

I see. Just seems strange to drop a kill combo for it.

Either a misinput or the player wanting to test the setup, seeing as how that was a virtually guaranteed win at that point, anyway.

so i found that red hammer, counterhit, as a grounded anti-air.... floor bounces with good untechable time.

that's a fun fact. ^^ will find combo for that fun fact. i just autopiloted something lazy when it happened the first time because i had no idea what was happening.

So I have to ask, who's gonna be the first person to release a Platinum Combo Video with "Platinum Disco"? It sounds way too fitting (besides whatever the lyrics mean).

Or did someone already do it? lol...

Whoever it's going to be, he should wait for the full version, and it's not coming for a while.

Whoever it's going to be, he should wait for the full version, and it's not coming for a while.

Then I shall wait.

Actually, we should use that song in the multi-player combo video you guys wanted to.