Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #2: Now with 100% more mahou shoujos!

Nobody mentioned Lambda or Tao yet? I may dislike a lot of Plat's matchups, but those are the only two in any fighting game to ever legitimately anger me.

Lambda and Mu are my most hated.

I have quite a lot of Mu experience. What AXIS said was right, 2B is godlike in the match-up.

Lambda I have a lot of trouble with and find her difficult and boring to fight.

Nobody mentioned Lambda or Tao yet? I may dislike a lot of Plat's matchups, but those are the only two in any fighting game to ever legitimately anger me.

I actually like the tao matchup :S Lambda is boring and dumb though

Lambda is a basic match up, a match you can RTSD finally.

Tao? I don't have much experience in the match up but I'd imagine it isn't so bad.

Tao is not too horrible because of your AAs, specially 2C, that shit is godlike here. The downside to using AAs is that 6A is kinda slow and 2C is unsafe as hell. You can try using a random Heart Car with meter because she's too busy pouncing all over the damn screen. That and Momo AAs are lulz, they work more often than I want them to. The problem here is that Tao can crawl under more than half of your shit, you can use that to your advantage at times but that shit is annoying. That and she goes down with 1 mid-screen combo and 2 corner combos lol.

Lambda is a pain though. Your pokes are too damn slow to catch her. Your only hope here is that she trips over her own feet with a missed Drive or something. That and the missiles are a godsend just as long as she doesn't impale you during start-up. She crumbles when you catch her though and like Tao, she dies with 1 mid-screen and 2 corner combos. I don't even deal with this match-up if I'm up against a good Lambda, I just go back to using Jin lololol.

Don't be such a pussy

Hey, I gotta take advantage of the fact that I play two different characters lololol.

I never had a problem catching Lambda, I had a problem with getting the item I need in the match up.

I'm fucking horrible at catching Lambda, I seem to always move in the direction where she summons a sword. She just 5D'd on the ground so she probably expects me to jump in order to dodge the next one. *trusts gut feeling and runs straight just to have to Barrier stop as to not get impaled by another 5D*

-___-

Tao is more just a personal vendetta of mine, I feel a really good Lambda is a definite problem if you don't win at item roulette though. Both of them highlight how SLOW most of Platinum's moves are imo.

I just go back to using Jin lololol.

This tactic wins you Tournaments.

I never had a problem catching Lambda, I had a problem with getting the item I need in the match up.

I have that problem too, sitting full screen with a Bat or Pan really doesn't help. I mostly tend to use combos that allow me to cycle through my items when I can. I tend to keep with missiles, just in case she gets out of the corner I can get back onto her with ease. I also fear j2D like hell, that move always catches me out.

What does RTSD mean XD :S

RUSH THAT SHIT DOWN

Mindless rushdown > eats air backdash j2D.

Looking at the vs. Lambda thread... "IB > Heart Car"... -.-

Speaking of good Lambdas, a group of Jins here (including myself) just got owned by Omni-Zero's Lambda lololol. Note to self: Green Bursts are useless in this match, all it takes is one Spike Chaser and a TK Crescent/236C to guard crush. Thank God Crescent doesn't break primers any more in CSE.

Green Bursts are useless in this match

The urge to rage burst cuz' I got hit by random Cavaliers.. it must stop.

What do you guys tend to do at the start of the round against Lambda? Is it worth holding back to gain an item (Guess it's dependent on the item) or just "RTSD" to begin with?

The only 2 Lambda's I fought that was worth a squirt was Severin and Toan, Both didn't know the match, Toan almost went even with me and me and Sev didn't play long enough for him to get it down.

You have to start the match according to how the other Lambda plays. If it's the first match then I just sit there and do nothing and see what she does. If she starts out with 3C or 5D, I just block the consecutive string and RTSD. If she jumps aways, back dashes, or IADs backward then I take that opportunity to get an item. If she does TK Crescent then I most likely just get hit lol.

You have to start the match according to how the other Lambda plays. If it's the first match then I just sit there and do nothing and see what she does. If she starts out with 3C or 5D, I just block the consecutive string and RTSD. If she jumps aways, back dashes, or IADs backward then I take that opportunity to get an item. If she does TK Crescent then I most likely just get hit lol.

Yeah TK Crescent is annoying. You can beat it by just dashing at her > whatever, but that seems way too risky.

5B has faster start up in EX, right? Do you know by how many frames?

I beat TK crescent by IB 5Aing her or just chicken block.

Still risky to try and IB it since she can cancel it. A trip to KFC seems to be the safest way.

Bwahaha, I almost forgot how good chicken blocking still is in this game. Why bother trying to block mix-ups when I can just chicken block when the opportunity presents itself? lol

Bwahaha, I almost forgot how good chicken blocking still is in this game. Why bother trying to block mix-ups when I can just chicken block when the opportunity presents itself? lol

I don't always stand there and block...I am not stupid.

Also chicken blocking Lambda isn't so great since you create distance...you don't want that.

I'm calling it. Valk is our worst match-up in CSE.

Hakumen with more damage and better anti airs is gonna suuuucckkkk, hes gonna be a close second for me