Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #2: Now with 100% more mahou shoujos!

Yea, I just don't like having items if I dont know a decent combo for them. Dont ask, Im kinda weirda like that. Bat is an exception because its the fucking bat! And that changes in extend anyway :D.

I love the bat in Extend, especially using it as a combo extension and the only combo that I know you can do from bomb is just 5D > 5C > sjc > j.B > j.C > j.B > j.C > 236AXXX (Damage 2334, Meter Gain 19).

EDIT: Shit, I really should get to bed, I got class in 6 hours @_@.

EDIT: Shit, I really should get to bed, I got class in 6 hours @_@.

Psh, nah, I got class in 6 hours, too, know what I'mma do? Stay up until it's over :cool:

Been at work since 8, was on bb until like.... 5? then just stayed up reading internet shit and eating breakfast. I support chaos's point of view.

How is that setup (bomb into super hammer) unblockable? Because it destroys primer? I dont get it?

Super Hammer is unblockable if your opponent is on the floor (it creates an earthquake); you're supposed to jump to dodge it. So if you do bombs then Super Hammer they can't jump to dodge the earthquake because they're stuck in the high blockstun from bomb.

OH! The air version? He wrote 5D so I thought the ground. That makes a lot more sense then.

Simple!

......didnt know the ground one did......

:(

<--- staying free

Been having a lot of fun with Plat, and getting a feeling for basic combos (just corner carry shit mid screen, and like 3-4k in the corner, based on meter/item). Realizing that I use a LOT of 5a/2a in my blockstrings, but they seem safe enough if im not fishing for a money counterhit or something.

5A pressure is meant to be abused like that, so do it, do it while it's still +1 on block lol.

In terms of mixup, been doing 236a with no followup to cross up midscreen, tk swallow moon in j.b stuff, ioh j.d with the fan, and just tick into throw/command throw. is there anything else i am missing mixup wise?

What GGJ said.

Also... is there any combos that are worth using the bomb for? Right now (in cs2) i am dreading getting cat hammer and bomb. cat hammer i can get rid of with a item toss combo, but the bombs i just hope i have super meter or i plan on not using items until i do. Really feels lazy and I dont like that. Hammer i know changes in extend, so i can wait to find better uses for hammer until then... but bomb? Anything useful in cs2 that isnt too hard to pick up?

I hear you on the bombs, I too just wanna get rid of them as quickly as possible. They're pretty good for mid-screen oki though, 3C > 214D works wonders mid-screen. I can't wait til we get 3 bombs in EX so I can just throw them away with 214D and be done with it. As far as combos go, if you land them in the corner then you can usually dash in there and do a 5C starter combo or Mami starter combo.

And one more, is there some useful clue as to getting 6c > swallow moon? Like the timing? I end up mashing it because I just dont get when the cancel timing is. Feels bad to do, so curious if you guys have some kinda hint... or did you just grind it out/it comes with experience?

I personally found that to be the easiest of Plat's combo tools to master. Practice by doing 6C > j.C, the moment you're able to do j.C is also the moment when you can cancel to Swallow Moon.

Simple!

......didnt know the ground one did......

:(

<--- staying free

Don't say that, maybe I just suck at explaining stuff. :/ I don't think I'd make a good teacher lol.

Don't say that, maybe I just suck at explaining stuff. :/ I don't think I'd make a good teacher lol.

Sshhhh, believe in yourself, sensei.

Nah your fine man. I always thought Plat Super-Mallet-Hammer was...

in the air? slidehead or big damage or roflprimersrofl

on the ground? hilarious (and roflprimersrofl)

I need to actually learn everything about my characters, not just the shit I like haha. Like I don't know what her FC moves are yet (didnt get to training mode FC combos yet.... so yea)

So, yes, that is me staying free. Your advice is good!

In CS2 it's only 6C, but you can do Magneto(2C) Loops after it. I miss those Pringle Loops. They got rid of them in CSE completely...Why'd they take our loops? :gonk:

That was more of a 'proving my point' than a question, but thanks for the heads up! I bet there's some really sweet shit off 6c fatal......

If you can do the full corner carry 2C loop from mid-screen, you will be a baller ass nigga in my eyes. Oh yeah, her super missile Install combos makes up for her not being able to do a lot from Fatal 6C too, I think the max I saw from an installl combo was 8.5k iirc...

HNNNNGGGGG Platinum The Trinity's DLC Voice Set is sooooo goood!

I knowwwwwwwww. Love how she only hates Ragna in it. :3

Link me, NAO.

I recorded and sent it to Jourdal. Should be up later tonight. You can watch my recent match upload on my channel for a preview of her.

HNNNNGGGGG Platinum The Trinity's DLC Voice Set is sooooo goood!

Careful with the floor. Don't want a mess on it.

In all seriousness, I need to hear it like.. right now.

Careful with the floor. Don't want a mess on it.

In all seriousness, I need to hear it like.. right now.

Jourdal just got the TypeA file uploaded to his channel. You can listen to TypeB on the most recent match vid on my channel until he has it up.