Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emotiongear

2011 Blazblue CS2 SBO qualifier - Aug 20th, 2011

title_image.jpg

Date: August 20th, 2011

Time:

Blazblue CS2 - 5pm

Super Streetfighter 4 AE - 8pm

Place: Planet Zero, 11920A Westheimer. Houston, TX 77077

Super Streetfighter 4 AE 2v2

*No duplicate characters on same team! No changing of characters in the tournament.

2v2 Waseda / Double Elimination - Read Example Below

Hotel Sponsored by Planet Zero

Round 1

Player A1 plays Player B1 - Outcome Player A1 wins

Round 2

Player A2 plays Player B2 - Outcome Player B2 wins

Round 3 - (if necessary)

Player A1 plays Player B2 - Outcome: Player A1 wins, Team A moves forward

Note: If player A2 defeated player B2, Team A moves forward without playing Round 3

Blazblue CS2 - 1v1

Single game, double elimination

No changing of characters in the tournament.

Flight sponsored by ARC Systems and Planet Zero

Entry Fee: $30/player

All contestants must have valid passports by the AUG 27 or they forfeit to the runner up

if someone who was from out of state won the qualifier, would they have to fly to houston to go to Japan or would they go directly from where they live?

I'm pretty sure you'd have to fly to Houston as the players are supposed to arrive and leave at the same time. That's kind of hard to arrange if you're leaving from different airports.

Why can't these ever be announced at least a month in advance?

Sorry man, I announced it over a month ago on FB and our forums. I assumed someone would post it on here because I have been so busy with business.

Just so it doesnt coincide with the other quals, John Choi suggested July 23, but I was worried it was too close to Evo so we changed the date to Aug 20th.

I hope everyone can make it out.

Please please please make sure this doesn't happen again. Two weeks is hardly enough time for anyone out of state to realistically plan for these events if they do not follow you on FB or your forums.

such a short notice... and when is the SBO itself...., I dunno if I have enough time for the passport and all....

such a short notice... and when is the SBO itself...., I dunno if I have enough time for the passport and all....

Yeah, at this point you'd have to pay a steep expedite fee in addition to the normal cost for a passport, and hope you can get an appointment at a regional passport agency. GL with that.

My problem is more severe..., I am not a US citizen yet..., and I am not my own country citizen either because I moved here before I was 18 so legally I am no country citizen....

I could bother the embassy of my country and push them for a passport and emergency citizenship or something coz the US one will take too long but yea..., not sure about that lol.....

even in a small chance that I may win, if I do win I might let someone else go if I can't make it work on time.

Will do man. Again I apologize. I can move it to the 27th if that will help?

Actually as for me.... , 27th meaning school already starts by then.... and I bet that applies for most ppl who still a student so I think this date is all right....

SBO is Sept 17th & 18th. Sept 10th is too close to the event.

Also I just asked SBO and they said please do it on 20th, to give them time to update their guide with the winners' info.

Sorry for the inconvenience

The topic for the announcement on MashHarder.com was made on June 22nd and about a week ago changed the official date of SBO quals a week later.

Maybe it was last minute for them as well?

Original link: http://www.mashharder.com/forums/showthread.php?7351-PZ-SBO-Qualifiers-2011

Good luck to those who attend.

Well have fun at SBO texas. I don't think most people who play can afford 10 days in advance tickets to Texas, especially with a followup ticket to Texas afterwards.

I personally don't have much experience with Planet Zero, but I have to say this looks pretty bad.

Sentences like "I assumed someone else would have posted it" from the organizer himself is really sketchy.

Well have fun at SBO texas. I don't think most people who play can afford 10 days in advance tickets to Texas, especially with a followup ticket to Texas afterwards.

I personally don't have much experience with Planet Zero, but I have to say this looks pretty bad.

Sentences like "I assumed someone else would have posted it" from the organizer himself is really sketchy.

I believe I heard LK is attending this event.

If so, I'm more than sure he heard it before hand to, assuming that the rest of the community would've known?

However, it may have been trouble some of people knew the original date before hand, seeing as how I stated before, the official date for this tournament changed a week later after Evo.

I believe I heard LK is attending this event.

If so, I'm more than sure he heard it before hand to, assuming that the rest of the community would've known?

However, it may have been trouble some of people knew the original date before hand, seeing as how I stated before, the official date for this tournament changed a week later after Evo.

So what you're saying is that not only was it not posted to the primary place people check for tournaments and qualifiers and the like, the date was also changed half a month before it happened?

LK is not responsible for other people knowing, the TO is. If I were LK, I wouldn't be informing those who can offer competition to a qualifier of such high stakes anyway, not to mention it's probably the last thing on his mind at EVO.

Believe it or not, a tournament organizer has no obligation to post about his event on Dustloop or any other forum.

It is regrettable that short notice will not allow many players to make it, but that is reality for you.

Lets try to keep this positive. Best of luck to the players who go, and whoever is chosen as this year's representative.

Believe it or not, a tournament organizer has no obligation to post about his event on Dustloop or any other forum.

It is regrettable that short notice will not allow many players to make it, but that is reality for you.

Lets try to keep this positive. Best of luck to the players who go, and whoever is chosen as this year's representative.

I guess. I wouldn't have been able to afford to go anyway, I'm just frustrated for those I know have worked hard who had no possible way to have discovered of this event in time, where this has apparently happened before as well under identical contexts.

Veteru is right.

I'm just frustrated to those I know have worked hard who had no possible way to have discovered of this event in time

It's unfortunate, but it isn't the end.

There's always next year.