Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emotiongear

2011 Blazblue CS2 SBO qualifier - Aug 20th, 2011

I'm pretty sure that's what a lot of people said last year.

For now, Spark has proven to be the strongest player in America so far.

Granted, the scene still needs time to evolve seeing as how the game is still "new". But if we wanted to send a strong player in time for SBO, then Spark would be the best choice.

Of course, this isn't for any of us to decide, it all depends on the results at the SBO quals :sweatdrop:

For now, Spark has proven to be the strongest player in America so far.

Granted, the scene still needs time to evolve seeing as how the game is still "new". But if we wanted to send a strong player in time for SBO, then Spark would be the best choice.

Of course, this isn't for any of us to decide, it all depends on the results at the SBO quals :sweatdrop:

Which is of course why I'm saying what I'm saying..

I would much rather the qualifiers be determined by a tournament where many if not all top players were present (Like EVO) than a tournament where very few, mostly local players were present. Does that make sense?

Does that make sense?

Of course.

However, you can't justify the results of another tournament to immediately determined who they believe should be eligible the go to SBO.

The SBO quals at Planet Zero is necessary for this occasion.

pretty sure Spark isn't going.

also i'm 90% sure LK said he can't go either.

What?

I was informed otherwise. However, if he can't make it, then it does makes sense (it was so close to Evo after all).

With that said, I'm wondering, is there any info of any out of state players attending this event?

Of course.

However, you can't justify the results of another tournament to immediately determined who they believe should be eligible the go to SBO.

I can almost feel the underlying sarcasm here, so I'm pretty sure we both agree on this whether you'll flatly say it here or not.

I can almost feel the underlying sarcasm here, so I'm pretty sure we both agree on this whether you'll flatly say it here or not.

Hm?

I'm not understanding what you could be implying. All I'm doing is stating facts, is all :/

Of course.

What?

I was informed otherwise. However, if he can't make it, then it does makes sense (it was so close to Evo after all).

With that said, I'm wondering, is there any info of any out of state players attending this event?

I'm sure some are going, but with this late of a notice it would be kind of difficult. Aside having to pay really high for airplane tickets, there's also the issue of whether passports can be issued/renewed in time.

But... there's nothing that can be done at this point. Good luck to those who manage to go.

The 27th will help a bit more, but September 10th would be ideal.

That's my birthday!

But seriously, too soon.

since it's singles it's basically american citizens only...

i vote for sparks to go imo.. we should just have sbo qualfiier at Evo

since it's singles it's basically american citizens only...

i vote for sparks to go imo.. we should just have sbo qualfiier at Evo

SBO Qualifiers are never decided by vote.

Over the years, many players have suggested EVO become a SBO qualifier, but they really are two seperate entities.

#1 Evo is a WORLD scale tournament. Anyone from anywhere can show up and enter. This creates a problem because many region's qualifiers are for that region only. (Several USA SBO qualifiers do not allow non-residents to enter. I don't know if that's mandatory and I imagine it's changed over the years)

#2 Evo is console. SBO qualifiers are typically required to be on the latest Arcade version

#3 I can't speak for SPARK, but... for everyone saying he should go, you might want to try actually offering him a flight to the qualifier. Even if he's not interested in SBO at the moment... he might become interested. ^ ^

You can have foreign representatives only in teams. At least one on that team must be from the region.

There are about spots that is determined by vote. Hong kongs sbo spot was decided by vote this year and last year.

We could've setup bbcs2 international version for top 8 at evo.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

It would have been easier to try to get Spark donations to the qualifier if there had been more time

:)

Anyway. I really hope this never happens again.

#3 I can't speak for SPARK, but... for everyone saying he should go, you might want to try actually offering him a flight to the qualifier. Even if he's not interested in SBO at the moment... he might become interested. ^ ^

If anyone is actually considering doing this, I'm willing to pitch in $20-$40