Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Yatagarasu

Not sure when it got added but I found the game available for purchase on Playism. It appears to be the latest version (title screen says Ver. 2013/01/11). Seems a bit more complete than whatever version I downloaded a while back and was never able to patch.

Doubt that helps anyone who may have already bought the game elsewhere somehow but if you hadn't and were looking for a way to play it...

What exactly does "part" localized mean? lol

Also why are all these vaporware games being re-wrapped and sold? I would've appreciated new entries more, or at least significant updates ; -;

Ok, this game is actually played? looks interesting

What exactly does "part" localized mean? lol

Also why are all these vaporware games being re-wrapped and sold? I would've appreciated new entries more, or at least significant updates ; -;

Yatagarasu was never vaporware, it was constantly being updated and is still getting a 3DS port.

I payed for this game from the rice website but there is an error for the samurai girls. It works perfectly but when I try to play Shimo or Hina it can't load a sound file or something like that. I can't find this error or how to fix it anywhere; can anyone help me?

Tons of foreign indie up for sale, including Yatagarasu (came up to $6.04 after tax)

Yatagarasu was never vaporware, it was constantly being updated and is still getting a 3DS port.

Hyper delayed reply lol:

"Vaporware" was the wrong word, I should've said "relics" since Yatagarasu is an old game that's just now getting picked up lol.

I payed for this game from the rice website but there is an error for the samurai girls. It works perfectly but when I try to play Shimo or Hina it can't load a sound file or something like that. I can't find this error or how to fix it anywhere; can anyone help me?

Hello! I had the same thing and restarting my PC fixed it. Failing that, try a reinstall?

Just in case anyone else has the same troubles getting started, I also had an issue with my character constantly jumping back (stick locked in up-back despite physically being in neutral) which was fixed by launching the game with the launcher .exe and ticking the box near the bottom that has the words "P1" and "Xbox" somewhere in amongst the japanese characters. I'm using a 360 TE stick.

The last bit of advice I have around technical problems (which is actually on rice digital's site) is to download something called "applocale" from microsoft and use that to run the game (run applocale and it asks you what program you want to run with it). You probably have to run the applocale installation file as an administrator if you're on anything later than WinXP.

If anyone wants to play Yatagarasu, they should hit me up on twitter or skype.

Skype is Fujiwarable

Has anyone figured out a solution to the Hina/Shimo sound bug? I tried reinstalling and restarting my comp but neither solution worked? Also does this game have random damage? I was testing some F.G.J. combos with Jet and sometimes the same combo would do as much as 1K more damage than before.

Has anyone figured out a solution to the Hina/Shimo sound bug? I tried reinstalling and restarting my comp but neither solution worked?
the quote below should help...

The last bit of advice I have around technical problems (which is actually on rice digital's site) is to download something called "applocale" from microsoft and use that to run the game (run applocale and it asks you what program you want to run with it). You probably have to run the applocale installation file as an administrator if you're on anything later than WinXP.

Game is pretty fun. I'm usually hanging out in the public lobbies around 10pm EST. Netplay is fairly decent, I recommend anyone who's enthusiastic about learning the game to give it a try.

Also, there's a thread on SRK that gets a bit of activity. Kind of curious to see what other FG forums out there have dedicated threads for yatagarasu.

Also does this game have random damage? I was testing some F.G.J. combos with Jet and sometimes the same combo would do as much as 1K more damage than before.

This is probably a retarded question but did you happen to let the health fully restore before executing the combo again. I know this game has damage protection (or guts or whatever it may be called) and that would certainly effect your numbers. Another thing that may effect your damage output is the super you have "reinforced". This increases power/damage for selected super art. If neither of these are the case then please feel free to ignore this moron.

Here's some combos I was messing around with Jyuzumaru:

c.MK 236HP x 3

Standard rekka combo.

st.LP st.LK 236EX (all hits)

cl.HP/c.HP 236HP x 3

c.LP s.LK 623K

c.LP x 2 st.LK 623EX

Chadha corner combo.

c.HP 236236K

Much more powerful if you link into super. This combo if you pick 236236K has your super art does almost half-life damage.

Unblockable (raw hit) 236236K

Is a link.

c.LP c.LK 236236K

Feels like this is also a link.

623HP 3HK

Range dependent. Does less damage but gives a knockdown.

623HP st.HP

623HP sj.HP

Super jump midscreen allows for a post combo mixup.

623HP 214EX~214HP 623HK

Corner only.

623HP 214EX~214HP 3HK

Corner only, character depended. Nets slightly more damage.

623HP 623HK

Corner only. Use 623EX and/or 214214HK for more damage.

623HK 214214K

Use for max damage. Use 623EX instead for slightly more damage.

st.HP/c.HP 214LP~HP 3HK

Midscreen combo. Gives a knockdown but is range dependent.

st.HP/c.HP 214LP~HP cl.HP/st.HP/sj.HP

Guaranteed at any range. Does slightly more damage.

st.HP/c.HP 214EX~HP 3HK

Nets high damage but is character depended.

st.HP/c.HP 214LP~HP 623HK

Corner combo for optimal for damage. Use 214EX~HP for more damage.

st.HP/c.HP 214LP~HP 214214K

Corner combo. Most optimal for a super combo. Use 214EX~HP for more damage.

LP+HP 236236P

LP+HP st.LP st.LK 236236K

LP+HP c.HP 236HP x 3

LP+HP c.HP 623HP 236236K

LP+HP 214LP~HP 3HK

LP+HP 214LP~HP st.HK/c.HP/sj.HP

LP+HP 214LP~HP 623HK (corner only)

There might be mistakes. I am kinda too lazy to re-read this atm.

Here's some combos I was messing around with Jyuzumaru:

*snip*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SHrDqfKoXEo#t=18s

the one in this vid is pretty nuts. checked it out already and works on all characters (starting from ex shoulder launcher). can sub the last super juggle hit for 5C > 214C reset shenanigans. this character is pretty damn fun! thanks for the bnbs to get me started.

something I really want to discuss with you all about: why would someone pick Kou over Crow? The only positive aspect of Kou that comes up to my mind is his powered-up Shinkuu Hadouken. Crow seems superior in both damage and reset variety. What do you think?

something I really want to discuss with you all about: why would someone pick Kou over Crow? The only positive aspect of Kou that comes up to my mind is his powered-up Shinkuu Hadouken. Crow seems superior in both damage and reset variety. What do you think?

...Great question! I actually pretty hype that now thread respondents can be engaged in thought-provoking discussion!

Ok, so let's look at some of the attributes for two:

Kou

-Fast ex fireball, 2hits, launches on hit (this makes for "interesting" full screen confirms if stocked with an extra level)

-Tatsus dont launch and have -f on them (ex tatsu though is +1 which could set up some RPS action)

-Super Fireball is great utility super and is easily confirmable/comboable (e.g. 2D> fireball > confirm hit and cancel to super fireball), also great when coupled with 5C in footsies

-Multi-hit shoryu can be a bit tricky to parry, wakeup game and anti-airs are a teeny bit stronger with this? (I guess)

Because of Kou's stronger ex fireball, I feel she can play more effectively as a zoning character but in this respect she also seems as if she'd be very meter-dependent. When stocked w/ a level, i think she can get more out of a footsie game than Crow could due to having tools like 5C>super fireball cancel. Reinforce this super and she'll be stacking on heaps of damage. Her in-game and mixups seem pretty much the same as Crow's (save Crow's ex fireball oki on some downs)

Crow

-Ex fireball travels much slower but allows crow to chase behind it and press parry attempts against it (however, it DOESNT TRAVEL FULL STAGE [for some dumb reason])

-LK tatsu launches and leads to nasty resets (e.g. lk tatsu > sj9 LP > walk under), only hits standing opponents though, hard to setup overall so you wont see it often

-His frames are better than Kou's (no idea why) Crow http://wikiwiki.jp/yatagarasufg/?%A5%AF%A5%ED%A5%A6%A1%CACROW%A1%CB VS Kou http://wikiwiki.jp/yatagarasufg/?%B2%D0%C8%B4%B4%B7%B9%D4%A1%CAKOU%A1%CB

-Super uppercut has more damage potential due to launcher (options to reset available too??)

-Non-ex shoryu is one hit, makes his wakeup options easy to OS against because of this

Crow's fireball game is probably a bit weaker due to slow traveling, single-hit properties on the ex fireball. BUT I feel the fireball/zoning game isn't really that effective overall due to the incorporation of parries in this game. The slow traveling speed of Crow's fireball does however allow him to press the opponent and try to thwart any attempts to parry the fireball and followup after a successful parry (i.e. have Crow follow up immediately and mixup attack levels). As you mentioned, Crow's mixup potential seems far more superior due to the launcher on LK/EX tatsu with the option to air reset and go for mixups after. In a game with stun, resets can be pretty intimidating. Crow may not be able to initiate a mid-ranged or zoning game as effectively as Kou but when he does manage to get in (has a great dash, parries create openings, ex fireball to transition to offense), the payout seems far greater in his favor.

I'm still experimenting with Kou and this ranged-game though and there's a possibility my opinions about her may change completely within the next few mths. The game is also still pretty "fresh" and not a lot of matchup experience and theories are being put to test due to the minute exposure at the moment but I'm sure the overall view of Kou, as well as the rest of the cast, will evolve over time.

Here's my current tier-list just for fun:

S

Jet

A

Hanzo

Shimo

A-

Crow

Jyuzu

Kou

B+

Chadha

Hina

Again, great questions. Hope more viewers will add to this discussion.