Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CSE] Bowling Ball General v:3

lol I never use bowling ball oki as it's inferior to 214D oki options.

;_;^2 struggles with adding AB2 into combos and blocking tons of litchi pressure and being unable to counter assault. Real talk it's better to just mash out super now as the point blank whiffing thing makes me sad face.

lol I never use bowling ball oki as it's inferior to 214D oki options.

;_;^2 struggles with adding AB2 into combos and blocking tons of litchi pressure and being unable to counter assault. Real talk it's better to just mash out super now as the point blank whiffing thing makes me sad face.

It really is better to just super now. That CA is goddamn useless.

The CA works only against slightly spaced opponents. They changed the hitbox on 6C and it feels like only her hands have a hitbox. Whether unintentional or intentional, this nerfed her CA hitbox. I still manage to use CA effectively in matches. The biggest concern is it takes a primer now :/

Is there a hitbox video for CSX Tao? (like it has been done in the past for CS1 and 2)

I'm curious to see what happened to her CA's hitbox.

Does anyone have any tips for the Testu semi burst safe variant ab2 ender, or how to combo into ab2 for that matter as I feel like I'm getting too many hits os j.236bbb thus making my combo blue beat.

Easiest way to set this up for practice is doing a 3c knockdown in the corner, after the 4d~a-->6c-->ab2-->6c--->superjump ab2 ender and build it up from there.

I think you can get as many hits in as you want during the first 236bbbbb as long as you dont get ANY in the second or third set.

Doing it from midscreen is a bit more tricky as there seems to be a height requirement for the superjump version. Need to play around with jc7-->6c to find the right height based on how far you are from the opponent.

So, I've been re-watching god's garden vids, anyone care to explain how the heck did whistler manage to do that j.A after the RC? I am talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UworYM8I_Ok&feature=player_detailpage#t=777s

At first I thought he jump-canceled 5C with a j.D, but if you look at the cloud of dust that forms right after that, it's big... which means he did a regular 5D (if he jump canceled and did a j.D the cloud would actually be small). RCing and pushing A always seems to get me a regular standing 5A rather than a j.A...

So, I've been re-watching god's garden vids, anyone care to explain how the heck did whistler manage to do that j.A after the RC? I am talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UworYM8I_Ok&feature=player_detailpage#t=777s

At first I thought he jump-canceled 5C with a j.D, but if you look at the cloud of dust that forms right after that, it's big... which means he did a regular 5D (if he jump canceled and did a j.D the cloud would actually be small). RCing and pushing A always seems to get me a regular standing 5A rather than a j.A...

I been looking around for that as well. I was only able to do it once or twice out of the several attempts. I think it is possible but really tight timing.. Can't even imagine how they did it as j.D RC, which is what i often do, is already really tight. It's actually easier to do a very fast j.D with only a slight jump and RC into j.A although it have some probs :

1> If you do the jump too low, you won't be able to RC into j.A , too high and you will go over them , this is okay in the corner though.

2> Even if you get the RC right , your j.A still hard to do as ****

I guess I need to try directly bother Whistler and ask him about it then :psyduck:

I get the feeling that the trick might be the opposite of what I was originally thinking of... like, rather than doing the RC and press A asap maybe it's about letting Tao bounce as high as possible after it hits and delay the RC... it would still be pretty damn tight to pull of though.

It's worth trying learning this though, this shit is on par with Valk's wolf j.A/5A tricks, the opponent just can't see it. :3

I guess I need to try directly bother Whistler and ask him about it then :psyduck:

I get the feeling that the trick might be the opposite of what I was originally thinking of... like, rather than doing the RC and press A asap maybe it's about letting Tao bounce as high as possible after it hits and delay the RC... it would still be pretty damn tight to pull of though.

It's worth trying learning this though, this shit is on par with Valk's wolf j.A/5A tricks, the opponent just can't see it. :3

I have the timing down. What is a good follow up without the Character being in the corner?

I been looking around for that as well. I was only able to do it once or twice out of the several attempts. I think it is possible but really tight timing.. Can't even imagine how they did it as j.D RC, which is what i often do, is already really tight. It's actually easier to do a very fast j.D with only a slight jump and RC into j.A although it have some probs :

1> If you do the jump too low, you won't be able to RC into j.A , too high and you will go over them , this is okay in the corner though.

2> Even if you get the RC right , your j.A still hard to do as ****

It's pretty tight timing, but I've been doing this for a good while. It's insanely good, especially with it able to be 2A or j.A depending on the RC timing.

Hell, even 5D->RC->2A is hard enough for the opponent to see (people get caught with it all day), the fact that you can even do this mixup is awesome.

Okay, so the timing in specific is...? Do we have to delay the RC or ...?

Ugh, can't get it now, couldn't tell you. I'd like to know myself.

On pad. I simply just 5D->RC->5A. I input the RC as the 5D hits as fast as I can. I mashed at first, now I can get it 10 times in a row.

Aww no damage. Ok. So grab or simply more poking? Man, this no damage mid screen without crouch or counter hit is getting to me.

Um.... we're talking about 5D-RC-j.A ....

XDest, do you mean you do j.D RC j.A or 5D RC j.A since I can't really tell what you talking about. If it's 5D -> RC -> j.A ( if it's even possible ) then I'm gonna brand you as Japanese.

Ok, here goes nothing ._."

5d -> RC -> j.a works. The timing's just insanely fast. To describe it as best I can (at least, I think it's in this order), you hit A the moment the red circle appears for the rapid cancel, but before Tao flashes white.

To put that into perspective, I can't even double-tap that fast! I had to assign a shoulder button (I play on pad) to RC so that I could roll from RC to the A button in half-a-second (or use two hands as I like having one shoulder button for barrier and the other for grab - please don't judge me). I have no idea how you'd do that on a stick (unless you have extra buttons)

j.d -> RC -> j.a also does work. Either you have to have the same insanely fast timing as the above ^ or you have to get exactly the right height (which is worse since you can't control distance as easily as button speed).

I thought it was only from a j.d at first (the large dust cloud being due to a high jump cancel), but the angle Whistler used in that video clearly was 5d =/

At least re-watching it led to finding it out.

As for continuing the combo, it'd probably be something like j.a -> 2b -> (5b ->) 6a (probably 6a(1)) -> etc. midscreen and j.a -> 2b -> 5c -> 6c closer to the corners

Hmm.. interesting.. I usually RC by pressing R shoulder button for throw and A .. maybe that why I can't press that fast.. gonna try it's later when I got the chance. If it work out then guess my L shoulder button for barrier gonna be change to RC then.

I'll try this out later to see whats the big deal behind the timing.

*Breaking news* XDest can now do the delayed standing hit confirm, mod powers are real.