Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C0R

[CSE] µ12 Loketest Discussion and Changes

I like the new primers thing, and in my opinion, Mu should have always had 4 primers. That doesn't bother me.

Ah, I see what you mean.

Maybe they want it to be like two gods punching each-other with the power to create realities more than two street rats wrestling over the last shot in their pieces.

Dare I say, like GG.

Thing is GG (and I am no expert on GG), was still very controlled, CS1 and CT weren't. ALot of the changes seem to be geared to making the game more agressive, which is fine. But they appear to be ramping up reward alot, to much reward limits player interaction and makes the games less interesting and more random.

I like the new primers thing, and in my opinion, Mu should have always had 4 primers. That doesn't bother me.

Thing is GG (and I am no expert on GG), was still very controlled, CS1 and CT weren't. ALot of the changes seem to be geared to making the game more agressive, which is fine. But they appear to be ramping up reward alot, to much reward limits player interaction and makes the games less interesting and more random.

This was my biggest issue with CS1, noticeably because my 3 most played matchups are Litchi Bang and Hakumen.

I think they did a good job of increasing player interaction in CS2, so I'm of a positive mindset applying these changes to the new game, though that might not be the best way to put it.

I think it'll work.

Side topic, it really bothers me when people make comments like "ASW doesn't know what they're doing with the character". Seems to me like those types of people are probably trying to make the character something they're not.

Also I vote on calling the new game CSX.

I'm not gonna judge too much until I see more or play it myself.

But still, I get a weird vibe from this test, I suspect the next one will revert alot of stuff.

Also, I'm wary of screwing with CS2 too much. For the most part, CS2 is pretty fucking solid.

If the Top 2 tiers played like they will in CS2+ The game would be solid as a rock. These system changes seem unnecessary. Mu, for me is fine at the minute, I won't argue with buffs like these, But coupled with Platinums stupidly strong buffs, and Mu's S-Tier Round winning Oki. They just keep going round in a circle letting everyone have the chance to be god tier.

Mu definitely had too many primers lol. The CA nerfs? I am okay with this. Considering they function almost as a pseudo "burst" just with less blowback. Plus being able to use them any time you have 50% to get outta pressure for free was a little on the dumb side. Losing a primer for it is a fair tradeoff honestly. With Mu it's not hard to get 50 anyways, I never find myself without it when I want it for CAs...so this makes pressure more viable now.

But yes, this means pressure becomes more frightening and guard crushing a very real threat. This is VERY VERY good for Mu guys. They won't be able to just throw us off and get away for free. And with our guard primer devouring moves it's gonna be hella scary ESPECIALLY in the corner. I mean think about it, sure they can burst or CA if they want...but if they do they're making themselves super vulnerable to Mu because she's SO good at devouring primers.

I am completely okay with these changes.

Except now SoD doesn't break primers... Unless it's charged... or mistranslated, no one seems quite sure.

I really hope that SoD thing is a mistranslation. I mean, Mu is supposed to be da gawd of GP breaking, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to take that away.

The other changes seem fine though. It never made much sense for Mu to have five GPs, but Rachel only gets four lol.

SoD won't be breaking primers as much as people would like, simply because than she would be far too good at breaking primers. Imagine how powerful she would be if Charged Steins still broke primers, it would be obscene. Now, with the ability to force people to block a charged SoD via delayed habakiri, and the primers people are losing from CA out of obnoxious things like totsuka true blockstrings and habakiri on wakeup, SoD breaking primers at levels one and two would just be too strong.

I dunno, even with all the tools she had in the past, actually guard crushing someone in CS1 or CS2 was still pretty rare.

Also, one of Mu's biggest strengths (IMO) was the fear of the guard crush. I get alot of hits by people trying to avoid being put in a primer critical state. By nerfing that, they are really hurting Mu's game. Really, the nerfs seem pretty harsh this time around.

Also, the reason we lost primer breaking charged lasers (CS1>CS2) is because of the improved tracking, that would have been dumb.

Regardless, We can still crush primers better than most Characters.

CS2+ Mu will live or die on Oki.

(Well, She won't die. But CS2+ Will be an easier ride if we all haul our asses into overdrive and find some legit, hax level setups)

With what? Our only primer breaking move now is the 'splosions. If you watch a match, and only count the primers you get with 'splosions, its probably going to be disappointing.

I also don't see the charged 'splosion helping setups. Pretty much anything we could do with charge 'splosions we can just do with a delayed 'splosion.

Meh, I won't comment until everything is confirmed. Heck, we don't even know the whole Charge Habakiri yet.

Amen.

Although, With all this System changing, I find it unlikely we will be able to move whilst charging Haba. Very unlikely. It would make Mu far too strong.

Still, We have buffs, its not like we're Noel or anything.

Oh...

Amen.

Although, With all this System changing, I find it unlikely we will be able to move whilst charging Haba. Very unlikely. It would make Mu far too strong.

Still, We have buffs, its not like we're Noel or anything.

Oh...

Technically, we are noel XP, but that aside, since we don't even how half the changes work, I think its a bit too early to be crying doomsday for dat ass. With no gravity changes and proration changes, we still get good damage off of half our moves.

That's what the "Oh..." was for ;D

I believe Mu will be fine. A High Tier cert. But regardless, I'm glad they've done nothing severe to her specifically. If it aint broke-

I'll just be called CS2+ CSE. Sounds much better.

Needs more Mu hype on these boards. Being British, I miss it when you're all on unless I stay awake until 2AM or something. Sucks loads.

Anywhom. For CSE, I'd love it if I could either contribute or even create part of the Combo listing. Or even the Setups thread. I find that shit fun to do. Plus im always on dustloop at work. Nobody shops in Gamestation on holidays :(

El Coro will entertain you so long as these beautiful changes get better and better.

Everyone can contribute to the combo threads, but to be brutally honest, I have yet to see any combos more optimal than the ones I've found.

Setups on the other hand, could use a lot of work, I mean I know the 6c ~2d SoD 6d 214d one covers EVERYTHING and there is no real reason to use any other one midscreen, but corner setups could get some help.

I'm probably the only thinking j.b is going to be sweet.

j2C is a pretty big deal but whatever, 6A is better anyways.

Nah I got you.

New j.b is going to be hype for crossups and jumpin 50/50s off bomb oki.