Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mechanica

Northwest Majors 3; Seattle WA; Nov 11th - 13th. (Thread updated 10/23)

$$$

ENTRY FEES:

$20 Up Till October 28, 2011 (Online) !! THIS FRIDAY !!

$25 from October 29 to November 4 (Online)

$35 At the Door on Friday, November 11

Online registration WILL END One week before the tournament

Best Western Executive Plus

200 Taylor Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109

google maps

Games being played:

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition

Marvel vs Capcom 3

BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2

Mortal Kombat

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike: Online Edition

Tekken 6

Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo (hollaaaaaa)

---

---

Northwest Majors website

---

---

Catch the SRK thread HERE

Entries —————– Pays

1-95 ------- Top 3 (70/20/10)

96+ ------- Top 6 (65/18/9/4/2/2)

(If there's anything you think should be added to this first post please email me at midboss@gmail :psyduck: )

So from what I read- Friday is casuals day and all the actual tourney stuff happens on Saturday, right? Any sort of ideas on times? Just 'cuz a lot of us live pretty far from Seattle. So we'll need to arrange rides/carpooling/etc. Info on parking would be great too.

I am a pad player and...I don't have a wired ps3 controller, nor do I want to play with any of the 6 button layout fight pads. Am I just screwed from the get go? I mean I could tough it out with stick but that is a major disadvantage for me. I've always been good about turning off my controller and properly syncing. I even bring my own cable, so I don't have to inconvenience anyone.

But like... I don't really have a work around for this one that doesn't give me a big disadvantage.

It looks like your best bet would be to either grab a PS2->PS3 converter or find someone who has one and borrow it. This is, of course, assuming that you'd be alright playing on a PS2 pad.

I am a pad player and...I don't have a wired ps3 controller, nor do I want to play with any of the 6 button layout fight pads. Am I just screwed from the get go? I mean I could tough it out with stick but that is a major disadvantage for me. I've always been good about turning off my controller and properly syncing. I even bring my own cable, so I don't have to inconvenience anyone.

But like... I don't really have a work around for this one that doesn't give me a big disadvantage.

If you need a PS2 pad + converter, you can probably ask Tae. :psyduck:

i have your ps3 controller+wire i stole last year if you want that back? i can definitely meet up with you and give it to you whenever you want, just lemme know
That's not how it works. Once synced via a wire the controller can wirelessly access the ps3, so as per the rules I have to use a different controller that doesn't work when unplugged, but I'm relieved to hear I might be able to borrow something as I have a tight budget.

But still give me back my controller. Those things are like 50 bucks.

Pretty high chance of coming to this now if someone can house me.

I might go. Depends on whether I can take that Friday off and if someone will house me too.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIET

There is likely housing available for everyone attending. I may be able to house someone (this is very unsure, probably not necessary either)

wow wtf

i'm not used to going to a tournament with so many big names showing up, i'm getting pretty hype :3

edit: also me and the 3 people i'm bringing are renting a hotel room, so if anyone from dustloop wants to play casuals in there that's definitely a go.

I plan on coming assuming school doesn't fuck me over that weekend :3 I got a lot of people to troll up there so I look forward to it :3 There better be alcohol at this damn event so I can get hammered if I get knocked out and yell at everyone the rest of the time :3

I plan on coming assuming school doesn't fuck me over that weekend :3 I got a lot of people to troll up there so I look forward to it :3 There better be alcohol at this damn event so I can get hammered if I get knocked out and yell at everyone the rest of the time :3

if you yell at me while i'm playing a match i'll break a bottle over your head

looking forward to meeting you ^_____________________^

I made a post in norcal general about getting a caravan going. As long as work doesn't screw me over I should be up there. Scrubbing out.

if you yell at me while i'm playing a match i'll break a bottle over your head

looking forward to meeting you ^_____________________^

You better man up cause I will yell at anyone and everyone, I give no special treatment...Except maybe for Kayane :3c

You better man up cause I will yell at anyone and everyone, I give no special treatment...Except maybe for Kayane :3c

just yell away from me and not near me and we're good. if you yell at me and distract people from playing their matches i'll try my best to get you thrown out.

tournament vigilantes represent,

i'mbatman