Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mechanica

Northwest Majors 3; Seattle WA; Nov 11th - 13th. (Thread updated 10/23)

Boy do I feel like shit, got the itis bad as I was coming back down. But this trip was amazing, many shoutouts to be done-

Shoutouts to niggajoe blowing it up on Skyrim and making that shit HILARIOUS!

Shoutouts to PlasticChicken, with that awesome guitar duo with niggajoe. Glad you're going to start playing BB again :3

Shoutouts to Dusty, even though you worked a lot it was nice seeing ya

Shoutouts to Kaigu, you're one chill dude, it was fun at the pizza place.

Shoutouts to Spark, for all the rides, and trading stories. That interview was HILARIOUS btw xDD

Shoutouts to cor, for being hella chill and helping me out all throughout the tournament. Your commentary is great btw!

Shoutouts to Huey, even though we didn't drink, it was still fun hanging out with ya :3

Shoutouts to Xie, thanks for letting me record the BBCSE stuff, nice seeing you again

Shoutouts to BOBBEH!

Shoutouts to the Norcal crew, who really took care of me even though I felt like shit, the trip wouldn't be the same without you guys.

Glad you mad it back safe Rin!

Shouts to Norcal for doing so good. Solex, ApologyMan, Dacidbro OrionxElite, and Rin you guys made this trip amazing

Nigga Joe keeping it real with Makoto

Huey - Letting me be a fraud with him

Sg, C0r,Dusty, Plastic Chicken,Tari, Kaigu, Christian "The post man :3" - Being fun to hang out with as always, great to see you guys on your own turf. You guys are way too hospitable its very appreciated and your entire scene is amazing <3 you guys. (Sorry for waking you up this morning plastic chicken Rin was hiding :( )

Spark - I'm putting that "I'm the best" as my text message alert

Xie - for being so much fun and so open, exposing black people and Naurto

Wuku - With that Korean BBQ, so amazing man, and congrats in the Extend tournament

I realized I played little to no BB, I'm sorry everyone but I still had amazing time. This is my best tournament experience so far.

Edited : Forgot Orion lol

Once again I'd like to thank everyone from the PNW that housed me. NiggaJoe + Drinks + Skyrim = FlameNigga.

Shoutouts to:

Bobby - GJ winning the tournament. You best be using that money for NEC so we can all run it back.

Donavan - Cheer up home boy, a battle and its outcome is are two sides of the same coin.

shtkn - It appears we will play in every tournament regardless of where it is. Thanks for being a trooper and fighting it out as we've always done.

Spark - Thanks for giving me a ride and battling it out with/alongside me. Our fights will continue, regardless of which side we're on.

Tari - Thanks for being a bro and also giving me rides. Twintail brotherhood.

Huey - As always, it was fun hanging out and talking about the shit that we always do. When you come to SCR we'll get Roscoe's on the first day and watch some Dragonball Z.

Wuku - It's good to see you again, thanks majorly for the KBBQ hook-ups. Do better next time so you can actually buy us food!

SG - Good shit as always my friend. I know you're still going to fuck everyone up in Extend, so don't be sad.

N. Joe - You are blacker than the darkest dawn. Keep it real.

Woki - Thanks for getting Spark on our team and being an awesome teammate. I would have been sad if we had to let Spark play before finals.

Osuna - Good luck next time guarding the border. We'll be back to destroy PNW someday and you need to be ready.

LogicHole - Actually, I don't remember if this is your handle or not. Anyways keep practicing and your day will come!

KayEff - Good luck eating Subway for awhile. No, really, good luck.

Polka - Yo sup. I apologize for not wearing the PNW shirt I got from you guys, I have no idea where it is anymore.

PlasticChicken - It's been awhile hasn't it? We haven't hung out in awhile, but if you're picking up Extend in the future, we'll be sure to meet again.

Kaigu - You are one legendary motherfucker. Next time I want to see you put Bobby on blast.

Scooter - Wtf I haven't seen you in forever. We didn't get to talk much, but maybe we can have a reunion over GVG.

GGJ - Thanks for the constant stream of complements. I don't think I'm really worthy of that praise, but if you're ale to learn something from my play, more power to you.

Corsell - You are a super fun guy. You can be a top playa, I know it.

Dacidbro - For keeping the BlazBlue flag flying. Let's channel our energy together and make BlazBlue the best it can be.

Orion - Good shit on that Tager/Valkenhayn. I wanna see you become NorCal's style-man in Extend.

Rin - For keeping the recording shit on lockdown.

WallJumpMan - Great showing in the tournament. I'm sure you will continue to be a strong player in Extend.

Solex - Good shit stepping up to the competitive plate on chopsticks. You probably need to grind a little more in practice mode though.

Lag On the Stream Station - It's unfortunate that there was a bit of lag on the stream setup, likely due to how the station was actually set up. Lag is an unavoidable part of tournaments and competitive gaming, but hopefully in the future the amount can be mitigated to at least the level of an un-split signal.

Everyone Else - Generic shoutout to everyone else. The trip was a bunch of shit all happening at once, so I my memories are really jumbled. If we didn't get to talk much, find me at the next event and put me ON NOTICE. Let's all meet again someday!

sigh, living so far from everyone sucks... one of these days i'll actually grind and be decent at this game.

shoutouts to everyone in PNW for housing us and being generally cool people and awesome hosts. also shoutouts to everyone else for being cool to hang out with.

GGJ's Shout-out Post!

C0R- You promised me chicken wings, I got no chicken wings.

Huey- Big Time gets cut, then makes a huge comeback. I saw those Bang shenanigans and my fear...I CAN'T CONTROL IT.

Dusty- Nigga, you disappeared and re-appeared randomly. D:

Polkahime-sama- HNNNGGGGGG~ You are sooooooo tiny and adorable I wanted to take you home dammit!

Bobby- We both got our PNW status, and you won NWM, You are now a true blue Maverick.

Don- I hope I was able to give you enough money to pay your way for food and sorry for holding the team back, next time I'll be better.

blargster- Dolphins....Dolphins errrrrrrwhere, and thanks for teaching me some new May tech along with showing me how Jump Installs work firsthand and showing me a great time in the fabled PNW.

shtkn- Fun matches in BB, I also enjoyed watching your Ky, I would've played you but May vs Ky is....Ugghhhh.

NiggaJoe- Say word nigga, say word to yo' momz that you'll break that niggas kneecaps nigga, say word. >:3

KayEff & Kaigu- You both are the main reasons why I came up to PNW, and I am truly honored that I was taught firsthand by you. My Ragna has improved a great deal because of your teachings. I am truly grateful for you guys bestowing your knowledge on a scrub such as myself.

Tari- I always have fun hanging out with you lol, Its even more fun when we don't beat each other up in BB and we both have coo' hats. XD

sG- damn,why do I feel so niggaish hanging out with you? :D

Spark- You are :HA: and thanks for letting me stay there for the weekend and playing a few matches with me, I learned that there's a lot for me to learn and I should really play Hakumen more, I use him as my sub and I like his combos.

Osuna- lol to me never realizing that you were MojoPlenty on PSN. I knew your Tager was familiar to me. GGs in Extend, I hope to play more matches like that soon!

NorCal Crew- You guys sure do know how to make shit 100x more hype than it already is, I hope we do the same for Tight or Fight next week plus I want my a rematch against WallJumpman!

Xie- I'm happy to see your Plat just steam-roll through matchups that give me problems, I love how you approach these match-ups and I wish to learn more from you.

Korean BBQ- why are you sooo damn tasty...

Pho- Why so noodle-y?!

If I missed anyone, my bad. I don't mean to. I just have a bad time remembering everything.

Not gonna do indivdual shouts becase that shit would take so long. Seriously shouts to everybody, the event and everything before and after was so much fucking fun. From Drunk Skyrim to shittalking to Orobouros. Hoping to see you Cali guys at SCR.

ok here it goes

Niggajoe- Nice meeting you. Everytime I was around you, always had a good laugh and your makoto is really scary lol

Niggajoe- FLAME NIGGA

Niggajoe- I TOLD YOU I WOULD GIVE YOU SHOUT OUTS THREE TIMES SO THERE YOU GO >:3

sG- For being chill and also helping me with litchi stuff. Too bad you left too early for wing challenge lol

Polka- WHY MUST YOU CALL ME BOBBY?!!! But nice meeting you. Too bad we didn't get to play any games but we always have PSO lol

Dusty- Thanks for the laughs and for letting me on your team. DADDY DUSTY CORPORATIONZ!!

Huey- For cutting me just like Big Time in team tournaments and for installing the fear of using drive against bang. Thanks for helping me with the match up and thanks for all the laughs also

Kaigu- You really ARE LEGENDARY! Just kind of happy I didnt get bodied in the tournament like I did in Casuals lol. Need to play me in competitive rythm gamez.

C0R, Christian, Jason, Spark- Thanks a lot for housing me. Really enjoyed my stay there and also enjoyed all of the animu lol. Thanks for the games also Spark. Maybe next time things will be different.

Donavan- Trolling me all day T_T but you joking in the background really helped calm my nerves so thanks. See you at SCR.

GGJ- FOR FINALLY OFFERING TO SHARE YOUR CHICKEN WITH ME WHEN I DIDNT WANT IT T_T. but nice seeing you again. DONT DROP GOLD BURST PUNISH ANYMORE =P

Xie- Thanks for the tips you gave me and thanks for the games. Maybe I will go to NEC idk lol.

Chao- Nice to finally meet you in person. THAT DONUT WAS BIG but I forgot it :(. STAY CHAOLIKE.

Dacidbro- thanks for the games, your bang is very good. Hopefully we see each other at SCR.

Apologyman- Grats on top 8 man. Your hakumen is very good. Hopefully you can make it out to SCR again too and reccomend things to get from that bread place hahaha

Solex- You really are Nor cal's secret Jin. Hope to see you continually improve and fight you some more someday.

Any one else I forgot i'm sorry but nice meeting you all. Seattle was a good experience and hopefully I can go out there again someday. oh and the last thing, I'M NOT BOBBEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I FORGOT ABOUT TARI!! Nice rachel, wish we could have played more games instead of me just watching some of your matches all the time. NEXT TIMMMMEE WE FIGGGHHTTT!!!

Shoutouts to...

- Bobby, who will forever be Bobby. Grats on winning the tourney!

- Gamma. Now you know what my Ragna play looks like from my side of the screen, eh?

- Solex, for being an awesome Jin, and for showing off Jin's new, ridiculous-looking double-crossup combos in CSEX.

- shtkn! Thanks for actually OCV-ing teams with your Jin in the team tourney. Team 'Cat Chair Last Stand' managed to get through some games without having Rachel play a single time. :P

- apologyman - Awesome Hakumen. Grats on getting into the top 8! I hope you'll have that Rachel matchup figured out the next time we play. :)

- Crosell, Dacid, and everyone else who hung out at the PNW house. I'm bad with names, sorry! :( Also, Plastchicken + Niggajoe combo video needs to be uploaded somewhere.

- Xie, for bringing BBCSEX and letting us mash in his room and prevent him from sleeping for every night of NWM. Also, Xie, you should totally go find an Aksys employee and make him sponsor some tourname--.

- Everyone who came by and hung out. Good times all around. Pretty sad I missed out on Joe + alcohol + Skyrim the second night, though.

- Everyone who I forgot. I suck with names and faces. :|

- "I'm the best" (some of you will get this)

- Dusty, for giving me his cold. :v:

- My Rachel continuing to be free to all Tagers.

- the rest of PNW, who I'm too lazy to give shoutouts to.

edit:

I forgot to give a shoutout to getting a shit-ton of parking tickets. Apparently they charged me for, like, 3 tickets in one. God dammit Seattle.

Thank you to everyone who helped give me advice and improve my Rachel play!

And for specific shoutouts...

- Tari for giving me great advice and driving me around

- Veteru for playing that sweet set with me and deconstructing my play. that was really nice of you to do that!

- KayEff and Shyn for carrying the team (sorry I scrubbed it up :C )

- Solex for beating my face in...nah nah! great Jin and hope i can play you again sometime

- Dacid for being super duper friendly and keeping the Pho table interesting with UMVC3 talks

- shtkn for that really fun match. one of these days i'll beat you!

- Wuku for being hilarious with j.2C and giving interesting advice

- Apologyman (walljumpman?) thanks for calming me down in my first tourney match. i still wasn't playing 100%, but without that reassuring pat, i probably would've looked so much worse

- Polka, thanks for giving me advice during matches, definitely made me more aware

- C0R, finally another fellow hawaiian ! definitely enjoyed chatting and playing casuals with you at the PNW house (dat Moo)

- Huey for beating my face in with bang...and for trying to warn me about those fries X( hopefully next time i can run some casuals with you!

- to everyone at the PNW house. thanks for letting me stay over, even though you were already pretty overbooked. i really appreciate it.

Spark needs to be a voice patch for Hakumen when he's doing his moves.

Corner Combo SFX:

"Nothing Better to do" (Hotaru)

"Sure"

"Sure"

"I don't know"

"Sure"

"Sure"

"No"

"My name is Spark and I'm the 2011 EVO Champion" (Kokuujin)

"Better not go up on youtube" (Super Counter)

So sad I couldn't go (Work and Interviews). However I'm currently planning for the Late February Blazing NCI with sponsors and would like some input. Just as a heads up posting it here, and please give the link a look:

http://tinyurl.com/NCIFacebook

round win: "i'm the best"

uh but yeah really fucking sad i couldn't make it to this, i had everything paid for just my passport didn't come in time :(((

next year DEFINITELY, come hell or high water