Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mechanica

Northwest Majors 3; Seattle WA; Nov 11th - 13th. (Thread updated 10/23)

One question I have is that on the website it only mentions the venue fee, but on our IRC channel someone posted that it's also $10 per game. :psyduck: Clarification would help.

One question I have is that on the website it only mentions the venue fee, but on our IRC channel someone posted that it's also $10 per game. :psyduck: Clarification would help.

i think it's a separate fee, like $20 just to get in and then $10 every game you're entered in. the venue fee is so they can afford the hotel, and the game fee is so there's a pot of money for that game.

at least i think, clarification would be nice yeah

alright, i'm asking for that friday off. assuming they say yes, i'll buy a plane ticket and see yall there.

also, is anyone willing to house me? id probably fly in thursday night and leave sunday night.

http://northwestmajors.com/northwest-majors-3-registration-information

lurk moar ;)

Tournament Game Registration Fee

$10/game. Each game will have a $10 registration fee that will go entirely to the pot.

alright, flight confirmed! also... can anyone pick me up from the airport/ have a place for me to sleep? i'll be paying my fair share, of course.

alright, flight confirmed! also... can anyone pick me up from the airport/ have a place for me to sleep? i'll be paying my fair share, of course.

You should just forward your flight info to Spark/Plastic Chicken on IRC. Their house is pretty close to the airport too, so it'll be easy for them to pick you up.

I hope $250 is enough for me to last up there, I may need to ask someone from SoCal or NorCal if I can ride with them up to this.

I hope $250 is enough for me to last up there, I may need to ask someone from SoCal or NorCal if I can ride with them up to this.

Our sales tax is 9.5% - 10%! All we have to eat up here is SUSHI! Liquor is state run! Cigarettes cost $8.00 a pack! UR DONE! :psyduck:

D: I'm tired of sushi yo.

Is there going to be onsite registration? Paypal is killing me right now.

you can but it will be a bit more expensive iirc, i'll go check.

3v3 BB teams are on friday!

D: I'm tired of sushi yo.

Is there going to be onsite registration? Paypal is killing me right now.

You have to pay an extra 15-20 dollars, if I recall correctly. More worthwhile to pre-reg.

Hey Guys,

We are one month out from the tournament, so I wanted to remind people that pre-reg is still $20 for the next two weeks.

Some info for people looking for housing or thinking of staying at the venue:

A room at the hotel is $70 for 2 people, and $80 a night for 3+ people, so split between 3 or more people it's pretty cheap and convenient way to attend.

We are getting the same meal and drink deals we have had with the Best Western over the past few events we've held there for Street Fighter. You can get quesadillas, pizza, nachos, or sliders for $3. Its made to order is enough to be dinner for one person. Drinks are also $3 at the bar for those who are drinking.

Glad to see there is so much hype around the event. Hope to see you all there.

Brent

We are getting the same meal and drink deals we have had with the Best Western over the past few events we've held there for Street Fighter. You can get quesadillas, pizza, nachos, or sliders for $3. Its made to order is enough to be dinner for one person. Drinks are also $3 at the bar for those who are drinking.

Glad to see there is so much hype around the event. Hope to see you all there.

Brent

i'm gonna be honest

this made me more hype for NWM than anything else about the event

You have to pay an extra 15-20 dollars, if I recall correctly. More worthwhile to pre-reg.

extra 15-20 wont hurt.

Adjusted payout schedule

Entries —————– Pays

1-95 ------- Top 3 (70/20/10)

96+ ------- Top 6 (65/18/9/4/2/2)

There will definitely be more than 200+ fighting game players. 96+ BB players would be definitely be crazy to see.

isn't the venue rather small? i think i heard that from either you or slash or someone else who is organizing it...

if so i'm totally staying out of the room stuff is being played in until it's time for BB, i'd enjoy watching other games buuut do not enjoy crowds at all

isn't the venue rather small? i think i heard that from either you or slash or someone else who is organizing it...

if so i'm totally staying out of the room stuff is being played in until it's time for BB, i'd enjoy watching other games buuut do not enjoy crowds at all

There is definitely space for 200+ people. We are going to be using the entire venue including the ballroom, breakout rooms and restaurant so there you won't have to worry about crowding.

I just talked to spark and it seems that he isnt entering the tournament unless there is more than 94 entrants. So if you are traveling and expecting to play spark in tournament, he will most likely not be entering. Just a heads up. I hope to see you guys there.

-huey253

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk