Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuminAbyss

[CSE-CP] The Funny Things I Do With Ragna (A Guide To Tricks and Gimmicks)

I dunno if this qualifies as a gimmick or something legit or something completely useless: getting knockdown via 2D i.e. something like 5B>5C> 2D gives you enough time to run up and cross-under 2A if they neutral tech.

EDIT: Actually something about VR-Raiden post is wrong, Ragna can still do dash under 2A after a 2D even if it isn't a close hit. The only point where it wouldn't work is if 2D hits at the farthest possible range, like further than the tip of the sword or something.

Cross under stuff, its questionable how practical this is but here are some set ups. They work on everyone but Tager. Also they don't work in the corner obviously.

- 3C > HF(1) > they neutral tech > dash under 2A

- ID>236C>236C in corner > they neutral tech > dash under 2A (they must contact the ground after the wallbounce for this to work) for massive swag, dash under, and go back into the corner

- (close hit) 2D > they neutral tech > dash under 2A

why

i always do crossunder 2A on tager

I'll try both of your points later but I'll take your word for it. I remember trying one set up on everyone and couldn't get it to work on Tager, so I figured none would, but I'll try again.

EDIT: Out of those 3 methods on Tager, I can only get the cross under 2A to work from the ID wall bounce. Probably cuz you have more time to get your momentum going. And yeah, 2D doesn't have to hit super close for the cross under, it works pretty much anywhere except max range and close to it.

Gimmick - When you use 2 22Cs in a combo, rapid dash 2A then immediately grab. The grab will be green due to the 5% repeat proration from the 22Cs. Stolen from the Kaqn vs Sakomoto Ryoma video here.

100 Heat corner finisher. Possible in most combos that dont repeat Yoko Fukitobashi:

xxx j.623C/D~Heel Drop (RC) j.623C~Wallbound (RC) j.214C or Airthrow. Trust me, no one sees the throw coming and the 8~10hit Berial is just too cool...

Thanks to those who contributed -- some of this stuff is brilliant really

It's been a while, but I updated the first post with a useful gimmick I've been using a lot lately, that I've found is very good for messing with an opponent.

There's a few others that still need to make it to the first post :)

Also here's something else I was messing with, Ragna can actually do fuzzy guard stuff off his j.B and j.C on some characters.

- low as possible blocked j.B/j.C (JC) > immediate j.A

If they crouch after blocking the j.B/j.C, j.A will hit as an overhead on their standing hitbox. Sadly, all you can do to combo after the j.A hits is ID. Simple combos you can do near corner:

j.A > ID(D)236C236C > dash under 2C > 5D(1) > DS > 5C > 5D > HF/ID(D) ~ 2.5k dmg

j.A > ID(D) (RC) > sj.C > j.D (JC) > j.C > BE > 5D(1) > DS > 5C > 5D > ID236C236C > dash under 3C > 22C/HF ~ 3695/3447 dmg

If they blocked you're j.A and you did ID, you can RC and continue pressure. You have to be careful though, if they Barrier blocked the j.B/j.C you could be pushed out too far the ID will whiff.

This works on:

Ragna, Hakumen, Tsubaki, Hazama, Lambda, Tager*, Litchi.

*On Tager you can fuzzy guard with j.C also, easy to get good damage without having to use meter.

An example of where this could be applied is after opting to end a combo with 3C delayed JC.

I was thinking this might be a lot more useful in Extend if his j.C hitbox buff stays. Might make it so we can combo j.A > j.C in this situation.

BTW, here's a funny thing I do:

If you land a far 5b (which can usually only continue into 5B>5C>HF>follow-up), hitconfirm it into a 5C and then IAD and j.C in such a way that as soon as the airdash ends, Ragna'll be facing the opponent and close to him when he j.Cs. This can serve as a nice reset if it hits which leads to a stronger combo, or if they block it, you'll be close to them so you can apply pressure.

Gimmick - When you use 2 22Cs in a combo, rapid dash 2A then immediately grab. The grab will be green due to the 5% repeat proration from the 22Cs. Stolen from the Kaqn vs Sakomoto Ryoma video here.

100 Heat corner finisher. Possible in most combos that dont repeat Yoko Fukitobashi:

xxx j.623C/D~Heel Drop (RC) j.623C~Wallbound (RC) j.214C or Airthrow. Trust me, no one sees the throw coming and the 8~10hit Berial is just too cool...

Oh...and make the minor corrections to the cross under section. 2D cross under can work from anywhere but max range or very close to it, and cross under after ID wallbounce works on Tager, only the other 2 ways don't.

Hey there everyone :) I'm new to dustloop and i'll be posting for the first time. I think I might have something funny we can use. Alright so when your doing a combo in the corner end with carnage scissors then cancel the first hit by holding D. After that you can jump and do a falling j.b, land then grab, delayed TK GH and maybe 6c (the second hit might catch them when they tech) basically try and mix it up.

I've tryed this a few times and it's worked for me pretty well. The point is to surprise them as they emergency tech and catch them with another move to start a second combo. I'm not sure how useful this is so I wanted to bring it to you guys and get your opinions.

You can actually do the same thing off of 623C>236C>236>dash under 3C in the corner. It's also a safe jump, and it doesn't cost 50 meter. :)

Also, welcome to the Ragna boards!

Failly overhead into sucessful 4k+ combo. Requires 50 heat

Blocked GH (RC) j.D j.214B

j.D j.214B wont combo, so you *may* earn a delicious clean Air GH.

Have at least 98 heat to be sure in case the last GH fails.

TRIPLE overhead, who the heck is not going to fall for that?

Failly overhead into sucessful 4k+ combo. Requires 50 heat

Blocked GH (RC) j.D j.214B

j.D j.214B wont combo, so you *may* earn a delicious clean Air GH.

Have at least 98 heat to be sure in case the last GH fails.

TRIPLE overhead, who the heck is not going to fall for that?

Why not just do j.D>land>2B/6B?

Because most people will guard low on reaction after a j.D, and Air GH has much better startup than 6B.

Hey I was wondering if this could work or be useful in any way.

After ID > straight > Cu > 3c > 22c you do a rapid cancel 6D then a GH. The 6D connects but if your opponent techs afterwards they get hit by the GH. You could delay it as well. Idk if its worth the heat tho so I'm asking.

How are they teching? 6D only floats in Extend. Do you mean a reset? Either way, no, it's not worth 50 heat, especially because GH is pretty unsafe.

6C > TK Specials ala CT Bang, I've never, ever heard of it until now. Does this shit still work on CSE? lol