AcidAce

[FB] General Discussion Thread

ummm i think im the only with the game right now since i live close to the fedex guys. i went online and it showed me my own connection as 2 bar out of 5 to japan i think? soooo i dont think i have good internet to check since my family split a 4 way internet share. someone POST UP so we can check usa to usa!

Fedex overall got it much faster. Azure and I both preordered from Playasia. He went through Fedex and I went through UPS. He got his copy this morning while the last status of mines is over the ocean and I won't get it till Monday.

you know i've been playing nonstop for the last 2 days pretty much. just send me a message or invite

I'll be playing online sometime tonight, I didn't want to jump in right away because I forgot the controls from the PSP version so I've been playing Arcade over and over

just so you guys know, ranked wont be implemented till the end of this month I think.

i'll be online super late tonight / tomorrow if anyone wants to test vs japan etc

alright sry for the late post but i just got called into work for an emergency. ill be on at about 10:30 so anyone else besides brett come try and join us tonight. also brett do u know how to unlock hi nu?

EDIT: also x1 and wing zero is glk!

Edited by AcidAce

i am quite interested in this but not enough to throw down like $90 :x maybe if something awesome happens on christmas ill buy it anyway but obviously i dont know if id actually like it a lot

I opened my first copy today. Looks really good. I haven't played one of these since the seed games on the ps2 really, because it just won't get much play if it's on the psp for me. Can't wait till my gundam buds are in town..

Still need to get rid of my extra copy though, seriously..

:/

been streaming this for like the last 12 hours...seriously no one wants to test the lag vs jp? I'm kind of disappointed.

dude i check your stream last night at 10 over here and u weren't on so i though u were asleep. i can be on around 9 or 10 tonight so send me a message or post up your psn id so i can add it.

There have been many people saying that the connection is very good so far. I saw one person say that 1 bar was still very much playable for him and his friend in Hong Kong in a full 4 player lobby.

There have been many people saying that the connection is very good so far. I saw one person say that 1 bar was still very much playable for him and his friend in Hong Kong in a full 4 player lobby.

Nice! That's good to hear!

Noob question, HOW DO YOU BLOCK :x The game tells me up or down and that doesn't do it for me

Noob question, HOW DO YOU BLOCK :x The game tells me up or down and that doesn't do it for me

Move the D-Pad or stick down then up. Don't worry, I had a problem figuring it out that I just started to mess around with the controller and lucked into it.

Move the D-Pad or stick down then up. Don't worry, I had a problem figuring it out that I just started to mess around with the controller and lucked into it.

Ah ok, sounds like a parry to me lol

the general consensus is not to use shield if you can help it. its not a very good defensive option since it consumes boost, has startup, is basically minus on melee block, and baitable. it's only really useful when buying time for your ally to cut. there's some input buffering on it during landing recovery so if you're worried your boostdash or sidestep wont come out against an incoming projectile, maybe use shield.

but yeah if you're still learning (by definition everyone in this thread), dont use shield.

@AcidAce: I posted my psn right after furix did.... its jpFuzuri. I live in japan so time zones are different but i'll be streaming in a few hours from now, for a good 14 hours probably. I might not be streaming exvs but if you hop on stream chat i can switch games.

Ah ok, sounds like a parry to me lol

hope this is true since im kinda of a defensive player at heart

Brett, want to try to netplay half way across the world? Japan vs East coast

I'm on team FiOS so maybe it'll be ok hopefully.

Also, I made a fancy spreadsheet, put your info in here guys

http://tinyurl.com/87v3u7q

Edit: what he said ^

oh nice, I like that spread sheet!

So what do you guys think? Should I put a link to that spread sheet on this thread's first post? The thread is pretty small, not sure if we need to make a separate thread.

sounds good. check my stream schedule at twitch.tv/thebrett. I'm on pretty often (PSN=jpFuzuri). Either PM me or highlight me on IRC, or stop by the stream chat and we can do some tests. I tested a bit with AcidAce and it was surprisingly decent for jp <-> wc (around delay 4 maybe?).

tried out netplay a bit, it's not too bad with my terrible internet but hops are a problem for me oh and cutting quanta is like impossible....ill be on mesubuta_ni_nare probably

looks like i can only get this or the other game. (Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen)

Both game looks promising, while one is 3d brawler with game play similar to virtual on/ gotcha force. We have another that's a little more party game like but 2d setting and traditional fighting game mechanics. Both have net play and team aspect. darn what to choose.

Added my info to the spreadsheet. The games connection bars is confusing. They have one before you make a room (is that supposed to be your connection with the game server?). Then you have the bars showing inside the room itself. I did some matches yesterday with Azure and he was showing 0 bars to me when he is normally 3+ bars to me in other fighting games. Didn't see any lag except for the common input delay of all online games bring.