AcidAce

[FB] General Discussion Thread

I'm also not a fan of the mission mode. I spent alot of my offline time in vanilla going through the different routes, upgrading characters, beating entire maps and getting icons. The missions now are so bland and often tedious instead of actually challenging. the levelup system is annoying and there also seems to be a much lower number of them compared to vanilla.

Yeah, most spawns make a lot of sense but a few are just baffling. Nuke spawn is hilarious. On a lighter note, one time on brett's stream a zaku3 landed his suicide grab on a Destiny, respawned, and then combo'd destiny to death while he was falling from the launch from the suicide grab.

Yeah, most spawns make a lot of sense but a few are just baffling. Nuke spawn is hilarious. On a lighter note, one time on brett's stream a zaku3 landed his suicide grab on a Destiny, respawned, and then combo'd destiny to death while he was falling from the launch from the suicide grab.

The Zaku III was me.

>2014

>not maining Quin Mantha and spamming ALL RANGE ATTACKU with the megaparticle cannon spray of death

ISHYGDDT

EDIT: Is anyone else having trouble with the Japanese Playstation Store? I can't load the home page without it freezing, I have to go in to a random page through "What's New" and access it that way.

Edited by Genoce

Just finally got my game, i enjoyed so far, i can't tell for online but am kind afraid to jump and make my teammate awkward.

random question:

are there any characters that have/use viable sukashi (whiff) combos in FB? I remember back in NEXT Haman's Qubeley had a very strong one using her launcher. since the proration values for combos are usually highest for the first hit in a series it could do 300 or so damage IIRC.

there were others but yeah was just curious. obviously ones that are super easy to cut aren't really that viable, but it would at least be good to know if a certain character had some in case of going for a death combo.

I wouldn't know since I was never that good at NEXT, but honestly, the game's changed since FB.

I know Unicorn can perform a whiff combo with it's BD melee and most CAN achieve it but, most characters either have much better melee combos with every hit connecting or achieving a quick knock down. Since overall melee guidance was improved and hit stun neutralizes gravity more, it's just safer to go for what you can do without doing that and what's harder to cut than it is to try to inch out damage like that.

If we stick to the topic, Most kill combos rely on hitting with one extremely high damage attack and following into an connecting EX attack or abusing EX mode's lower down value to get increased damage before landing an EX attack.

random question:

are there any characters that have/use viable sukashi (whiff) combos in FB?

Yes, many.

GP-02 has a good one, Arche also has a good one IIRC.

Johnny Ridden's best combos involve whiff combos, and they're pretty practical.

There's more I'm sure but those are the ones I remember, and they're practical.

And yes, the system is definitely the same as you described in the sense of whiff combos giving you better damage due to down value.

Hey not sure if anyone had this answered already but does anyone know what the online ranked...ranks are in english?

Not sure what they are called

Low Gold 1: 5800-????

High Silver 5: 5600-5799

High Silver 4: 5400-5599

High Silver 3: 5200-5399

High Silver 2: 5000-5199 <<<< Highest ranked player is here.

High Silver 1: 4800-4999

Mid Silver 5: 4600-4799

Mid Silver 4: 4400-4599

Mid Silver 3: 4200-4399

Mid Silver 2: 4000-4199

Mid Silver 1: 3800-3999

Low Silver 5: 3600-3799

Low Silver 4: 3400-3599

Low Silver 3: 3200-3399

Low Silver 2: 3000-3199

Low Silver 1: 2800-2999

High Bronze 5: 2650-2799

High Bronze 4: 2500-2649

High Bronze 3: 2350-2499

High Bronze 2: 2200-2349

High Bronze 1: 2050-2199

Mid Bronze 5: 1900-2049

Mid Bronze 4: 1750-1899

Mid Bronze 3: 1600-1749

Mid Bronze 2: 1450-1599

Mid Bronze 1: 1300-1449

Low Bronze 5: 1150-1299

Low Bronze 4: 1000-1149

Low Bronze 3: 850-999

Low Bronze 2: 700-849

Low Bronze 1: 550-699

Blue 3: 400-549

Blue 2: 300-399

Blue 1: 200-299

Iron 2: 150-199

Iron 1: 100-149

Iron 0: 50-99

Unranked: <50

I would expect a new rank at 5800 Low Diamond 1???

Edited: thanks to Brett

Edited by ShinsoBEAM

so, after what you call "Platinum", the ranks are an actual gold color, which is why we call the first metallic rank Bronze rather than Gold, and the one after that Silver, rather than platinum.

the jp ranks are

Bronze: 少尉 中尉 大尉 (shoui, chuui, taii)

Silver: 少佐 中佐 大佐 (shousa, chuusa, taisa)

Gold: 少将 中将 大将 (shoushou, chuujou, taishou)

Final Rank: 元帥 (gensui)

each one has a star between 1 and 5, which takes 150 points to go to the next star value, until you hit silver at which point it becomes 200 per star. In the previous version, the stars next to each rank actually symbolized which of the three levels you were at within each metal rank, so if you were Bronze with 1 star, you were a Shoui, and if you were Bronze with 2 stars, you were a Chuui. As such, the english players often called ranks by "Bronze 1" or "Silver 2" etc. This doesn't really work anymore because within "Bronze 1", there are now 5 stars. So you can't actually say you're Bronze 2. You say you're Bronze 2-3 or something like that.

So if you don't read kanji or don't really know the names its probably better to look at SP or relay SP to your friends when talking about ranks cause it can get pretty confusing. And don't rely on counting stars to see how high or low someone's rank is, because if you can't read the kanji you might be seeing someone who's Bronze 3-1 which is a good 1500 SP difference from Bronze 1-1.

It's technically unconfirmed what is after Gold, or if there even is gold yet technically, but if they're mirroring the way the arcade did it, it should just be one Gensui rank after Gold 5-5.

Hopefully this clears some things up.

The points required to rank up in arcade were much smaller and I believe losing was less severe in terms of point loss. It definitely felt like that having played EXVSFB arcade and ranking up personally.

I came across this and thought I'd share! Here's a link to the channel It says at the bottom it's going to start Wednesday at 8 AM EST. I'll probably watch it since I'm always up that early on Wednesday for new comic book day.

I am very interested in trying the gundam games, sadly I have hardly any knowledge about how the gane actually works(The reading a wall of text method is not working for me) know of any solid video tutorials? I know Fataldmg made some but haven't seen a new one in a while. Also, should a person interested in this game wait for the new arcade revision to reach consoles?

and lastly. Can this be an enjoyable game if you have no buddies that have it that you can team up with?

Thanks.

Peace!

1. Eh....Most of them are in Japanese but Brett has this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7DqH3G5Hyc

2.Not really unless you wanna wait 2 years for the next iteration. And 2 years after that for the revised iteration of that.

3. Yes, shuffle is fun as long as everyone's around the same skill level, and the community is active enough that you can find a partner without much stress. Don't worry.

1. Eh....Most of them are in Japanese but Brett has this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7DqH3G5Hyc

2.Not really unless you wanna wait 2 years for the next iteration. And 2 years after that for the revised iteration of that.

3. Yes, shuffle is fun as long as everyone's around the same skill level, and the community is active enough that you can find a partner without much stress. Don't worry.

Thank you for your reply kind sir!

Peace