AcidAce

[FB] General Discussion Thread

Thanks so much for lecture 3!

Love it!

Hahahah. Good Video. Thank you for making/posting these :D

thank you!!

I`m making more lecture video for Eng :D

Random question: is it possible to find images of like map layouts? I want to reproduce the red-lock range chart and was wanting to find like an overhead view of the practice stage

Remembered that the official site has overhead images of maps, but the practice stage isn't among them :/

9/1 Tier list

S: WTV > Unicorn, Norn, Ribbons > Quanta

A: TA > Master, Sazabi, DX, Xi > WZC, Ex-S, FC, Destiny, TX, 00, Nu, Hi-Nu

B: SF, V2 > Epyon

S: Banshee

A: The O> Noir, God, Deathscythe, Xenon, Impulse > Virsago, Altron

B: X-divider, Gundam X, ZZ, Susanoo, Eclipse, GP02, Quatre's WTV, IJ, Raphael, TG3 > Mina's Gold Frame, White Quebley, Aios, Sinanju, Cherudim, X1, X3, GP03, Freedom, Gottrlatan, Zeta, Arche

S: Zeong, Kshatriya

A: Hambrabi, Rozen, Delta > Gyan, Mk2, Gunner Zaku, Forbidden, Blue Frame, Messala, Dynames, Providence, Blue Destiny, Gold Frame

B: Char's Gelgoog, F91, Hyaku Shiki, Strike Rouge, Gerbera Tetra, Haman's Acguy, X2, Spiegel, Exia, Dragon, Throne Drei, GP01, Gold Sumo, Silver Sumo, Gato's Gelgoog, Red Frame, Gundam, Shin Matsunaga's Zaku, Andrew's Gaia, Luna's Impulse, Heavyarms, Strike, Stargazer> Roux's Zeta, Johnny Ridden's Zaku, Gaia

C: Kapool

1k:

S: None

A: RGZ, EZ8 > Zaku 2, Ground Gundam > Zuda, Dog, Tank

B: V-Hexa, V, Gouf, Acguy, Lacus IJ, GNX > Kamille Mk2, Doan's Zaku, GunEZ, Elle's Mk2, Alex, Ifrit, Berga, Arios > Duel, Red Quebley

C: Zaku head zeta, Zaku 3

Source: http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/54170/1408455242/638-737

Hi guys, 

Do any of you know if there is any tournament bracket generator for EXVSFB shuffle tournament brackets? I've been running small tournaments for the Singaporean community (PM me if you want in!) and I've been running the brackets on pen and paper, as Challonge doesn't seem to allow for random team shuffling.

Hope someone somewhere has a solution! Thanks!

So uhh...apparently this is supposed to be a hand demonstration of how to do the Sub-Charge cancel? Which, has been making its way into more and more gameplay videos it seems, and has been asked about here a few times now between different suits I think:

https://vine.co/v/OBgP53zztX6

Hi guys, 

Do any of you know if there is any tournament bracket generator for EXVSFB shuffle tournament brackets? I've been running small tournaments for the Singaporean community (PM me if you want in!) and I've been running the brackets on pen and paper, as Challonge doesn't seem to allow for random team shuffling.

Hope someone somewhere has a solution! Thanks!

Unfortunately, we've been running those tournaments by hand with Excel spreadsheets and with pen and paper, as well. It shouldn't be hard to create a small program to make that easier, though. I never really thought about it.

So uhh...apparently this is supposed to be a hand demonstration of how to do the Sub-Charge cancel? Which, has been making its way into more and more gameplay videos it seems, and has been asked about here a few times now between different suits I think:

https://vine.co/v/OBgP53zztX6

I'm actually not sure of what a sub charge cancel is, exactly, but I'm going to assume it's doing something like an A-button charge partition with a sub weapon (it looks like it in the video, but I can't really tell)? If so, I'm sort of entertained that that needs a demonstration video. It never hurts, though!

I'm actually not sure of what a sub charge cancel is, exactly, but I'm going to assume it's doing something like an A-button charge partition with a sub weapon (it looks like it in the video, but I can't really tell)? If so, I'm sort of entertained that that needs a demonstration video. It never hurts, though!

This is a Vine showing Norn and Reborns using it: https://vine.co/v/OuYjYt5jt6M Nope, sorry, that's main-sub cancel.

There's also a video posted in the Sazabi thread about it, and I know I've seen a Vine of 00 using it, but I'd have to dig way deep through that Vinebot to find it ><;

Can anyone guide me in a strategy for arch gundam and how do you charge a csB without charging youre csA at the same time i spen lots of boost boostcanceling the csA to use the csB

Arche doesn't have a CSb, only a CSa. But if you mean just in general, well, honestly I'm just going to suggest that if you have only recently started playing the game, change the button configuration to something not the default pad config, so that you're not double charging with Sub (I'm assuming that is what's going on here. If you're playing on a stick, there's no reason you should be double charging without wanting to...)

I actually just today started making the Arhce wiki page, but, I don't actually play the suit; I was just trying to finish out the 2500 cost suits. So it's not complete yet.

Arche doesn't have a CSb, only a CSa. But if you mean just in general, well, honestly I'm just going to suggest that if you have only recently started playing the game, change the button configuration to something not the default pad config, so that you're not double charging with Sub (I'm assuming that is what's going on here. If you're playing on a stick, there's no reason you should be double charging without wanting to...)

I actually just today started making the Arhce wiki page, but, I don't actually play the suit; I was just trying to finish out the 2500 cost suits. So it's not complete yet.

Thanks to your wiki page im getting better with arche if got a small combo for him first bb 8b A rainbow step back then 4bc i know its not much but yea thanks anyway xd

Unfortunately, we've been running those tournaments by hand with Excel spreadsheets and with pen and paper, as well. It shouldn't be hard to create a small program to make that easier, though. I never really thought about it.

Haha yeah, we ended up doing the same. It's kinda nice to have a big piece of paper with the brackets for everyone to see I guess! thanks!

So this is a rather nonstandard help request, but can anybody tell me how to exploit the Exia's weaknesses in a 1v1? (Preferably with the Kshatriya, but I'm open to anything.) 

I have a majorly cocky friend back in my old hometown and we always play 1v1s amongst our group when I visit for holidays. (I'm the only one that set up online play properly and the rest of them live together and share the PS3, so the "proper" 2v2 matches have never been an option. :/) The Exia's 4/6 daggers effectively function like one last rainbow cancel, and from what I can tell that gives it a stupid advantage in 1v1, because he can dodge first and STILL have one last dodge to escape my melee and get the stun into a combo. I can block it, but that just resets us to neutral and I eventually take one of the Exia's fast moving beams or fail to escape Trans-Am. (Not to mention if he ever bursts mid combo I just have to take the punish in many cases.) I play the Kshatriya most of the time, which feels awkward in a 1v1 against a suit that's all around faster and can sidestep my funnel fences faster than I can deploy them. I am fully willing to do something cheesy like switch to the Gouf and rely on 1000-cost-efficiency or something, and I know Kshatriya mainly functions as a long-range support unit, but I was just wondering if I'm overlooking any obvious matchup advantages.

(Come on, I know somebody's had to deal with getting rushed down as a back player by an overzealous I AM GUNDAM type before, right? Guys...?)

So this is a rather nonstandard help request, but can anybody tell me how to exploit the Exia's weaknesses in a 1v1? (Preferably with the Kshatriya, but I'm open to anything.) 

I have a majorly cocky friend back in my old hometown and we always play 1v1s amongst our group when I visit for holidays. (I'm the only one that set up online play properly and the rest of them live together and share the PS3, so the "proper" 2v2 matches have never been an option. :/) The Exia's 4/6 daggers effectively function like one last rainbow cancel, and from what I can tell that gives it a stupid advantage in 1v1, because he can dodge first and STILL have one last dodge to escape my melee and get the stun into a combo. I can block it, but that just resets us to neutral and I eventually take one of the Exia's fast moving beams or fail to escape Trans-Am. (Not to mention if he ever bursts mid combo I just have to take the punish in many cases.) I play the Kshatriya most of the time, which feels awkward in a 1v1 against a suit that's all around faster and can sidestep my funnel fences faster than I can deploy them. I am fully willing to do something cheesy like switch to the Gouf and rely on 1000-cost-efficiency or something, and I know Kshatriya mainly functions as a long-range support unit, but I was just wondering if I'm overlooking any obvious matchup advantages.

(Come on, I know somebody's had to deal with getting rushed down as a back player by an overzealous I AM GUNDAM type before, right? Guys...?)

Play a 3k with good anti-melee, kill your friend 4 times. Let him waste his boost trying to get into melee range while you pour fire down range

Outgun and toy with him from mid-long range. Exia doesn't have good ranged game so pressure him with funnels and such from a good distance, when he attempts to get close use CSa on him and turtle some more.

If I were you I'd go Sazabi and tomahawk->gerobi/shotgun him to death lol

X-Divider :P

Gerbera Tetra IMO completely SHITS on melee suits that get out of line. If he's overzealous as you say he'll eat machine gun fire for days and then you can swag on him with her disrespectful melee combos.

God Gundam mauls him.

If he's too eager you can make him feel stupid real quick with Dragon or Nataku

Edit: Sazabi shits on him. On his shotgun, funnels to force movement and so on is hilarious.

Remember that he has only 3 shots and reload for BR and same for dagger. You have to make him pay for that.

While Exia is pretty good 1v1 he still relies on a partner to create opportunities or capitalizing on opponent mistakes. He can not fight from range and eventually he will try to use moves for additional movement.

Given his inability to fight neutral alone YOU poke, HE wiggles.