Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CSE] Iron Tager General Discussion

Actually there quite a few brand new sledgehammer combos already posted here

- In the corner, 3C > A sledge > hammer > 5C > ~ works

- collider in corner > B sledge > hammer > 5C ~ works

- In the corner, 3C > A sledge can chain into 5B, 2B

- From 3C > A sledge > hammer, 3C also works

- In midscreen, an air hit with A sledge knocks the opponent away horizontally, so 5A > 3C > A sledge > 5A > spark bolt is pretty much all that you can follow up with

Plus it says this on the 1st page of the location test thread even though it sounds weird:

New charged sledge hammer combos, involving 5d->5c and j.c->sledge

JBBS posted this corner combo but i don't know if it was tried or just speculation since i didnt ask for a translation.

AC > B sledge > Hammer > 5C > A sledge > Hammer> 3C> Gadget

Right right, forgot about hammer combos. Also Asledge Links to 5B there's a difference. There's still a shortage of information and the simplest solution is that Bsledge did not get a proration buff, so until we get some sweet sweet good news, I'm not going to assume anything.

Thought I'd post a video of one of your Tager Mod's here, for you guys who don't post or view the General Thread or the Michigan Thread.

Hope you guys enjoy.

You've got a good reason to play Tager, I like it

Verty motivational and by that, I mean...I will practice throw teching. Right now

If we are going down that road, I play him because I think he's pretty cool guy, I mean when I saw him my first thought "He is probably going to be evil dude for the pretty boy protag to kick around." And I was surprised to find out he's the opposite, just a big nerd unlucky enough to be robotized. I never thought deserved the rep he has and I wanted to prove to people that you can win with him. But I am still far from that goal but hell if I'll give up.

You've got a good reason to play Tager, I like it

Verty motivational and by that, I mean...I will practice throw teching. Right now

How do you practice throw teching in training mode anyway?

if the new combo rate is 60 like with hakumen…

5b lvl 3

before

2b-2c-ac > b sledge > gadget

dmg 2365

after

2b-2c-ac > j.c j.2c > 5b-5c-ac > b sledge > gadget

dmg 2978

comparison

before vs after ~26%

adding the new combo rate (2978*1,2) ~51%

3c special cancel

before

gadget > 5a-5b-3c-gadget

~500 dmg

after

gadget > 5a-5b-3c-ac > b sledge > gadget

about ~2000 dmg

without special cancel one could've done 5a-5b-3c > 5b-5c-ac > b sledge > gadget, but now it can be teched.

i guess that’s about it.

5:30, time to go to bed...

I haven't posted in forever and can blame 3S:OE for that.

Anyway, Hugo has a throw that instantly carries the opponent to the corner (not just the edge of the current position), which I thought was a smart move for a grappler. I guess Tager's combos that end in 2D do something similar, but it's not as effective. By the looks of it though, Tager is getting a huge overhaul in Extend. Let's hope it's all for the better.

if the new combo rate is 60 like with hakumen…

5b lvl 3

before

2b-2c-ac > b sledge > gadget

dmg 2365

after

2b-2c-ac > j.c j.2c > 5b-5c-ac > b sledge > gadget

dmg 2978

comparison

before vs after ~26%

adding the new combo rate (2978*1,2) ~51%

3c special cancel

before

gadget > 5a-5b-3c-gadget

~500 dmg

after

gadget > 5a-5b-3c-ac > b sledge > gadget

about ~2000 dmg

without special cancel one could've done 5a-5b-3c > 5b-5c-ac > b sledge > gadget, but now it can be teched.

i guess that’s about it.

5:30, time to go to bed...

All combo Rating does is scale Damage, Untech time and Hitstun are not effected by Combo Rating.

They better make it in the final version that we are able to use non-magged 360A or B>Asledge>Hammer>3C>Gadget, 360A or B>5B>2C>AC or 360A or B>5B>5C>6A>2C>AC anywhere midscreen or i am going to be extremely mad and sad.

All known CSX Tager changes so far (since soniti hasnt updated the location test thread)

Buffs

• Character combo rate increased.

• 2D has extremely little knockback

• 4D Now pulls about as much as 5D does in CS2

• 5D pull from magnetism lasts longer

• 5A - Attack level increased (?). 5A > 3C combos. No longer cancels into itself (maybe it links instead now, like Hakumen?)

• 5B - Attack level increased. 5B > 5C and 5B > 2C now both combo vs ground and air. Is now approx. neutral on block. Now jump cancelable

• 6A guardpoint ability strengthened

• 6B Now forces crouch

• 3C - Now emergency techable, but can now be special canceled. Air untechable time has also been greatly increased. 3C air hit combos into Magna Tech Wheel. For a magnetized opponent in the air, 3C>Collider works.

• B sledge hammer - Can now be held. The charged version does more damage and drags farther. But, now roughly neutral on block

• Spark bolt - Air untechable time greatly increased

• Atomic Collider Untechable time has been increased

• Voltic charge - Gauge gain increased, can chain into sledge hammer if used to guardpoint an attack

• Terra Break - Minimum damage increased to 1000

• Forward throw knockaway distance decreased, now special cancelable so B sledge followup is possible

• Volt charge - Day 1 combo from sledge counter if an opponent hits the guard point yields 4000 damage

• New charged sledge hammer combos, involving 5d->5c and j.c->sledge

• In the corner, 3C > A sledge > hammer > 5C > ~ works

• Atomic Collider in corner > B sledge > hammer > 5C ~ works

• In the corner, 3C > A sledge can combo into 5B, 2B

• From 3C > A sledge > hammer, 3C also works

• When magnetized
    - A driver > 3C > collider > 4D whiff > gadget 3079
    - B driver > 3C > collider > 4D whiff > gadget 4079

Nerfs

• 2C, 3C no longer take primer

• 6A Pull from magnetism slightly weakened

• Spark bolt - Amount of wallbounce on normal hit slightly decreased. P1 proration slightly weakened.

• Atomic Collider Repeat proration now more severe.

• Getting an air hit with sledge causes a spinning knockback (like deadspike), making it hard to follow up without a corner

They often change things on tager just to say they changed him. Simply put, if they continue to increase his combo rate and damage he will be considerably better even without any other changes.

Sounds kinda like Tager is up in the air (for once) until we get players really sitting down with the changes

Looks like they are really trying to get Tagers to stop throwing out random sledges and spark bolts.

Tager is indeed up in the air for once. Normallly everything thinks he's going to be really good for some reason.

Only time I remember people getting really hype was for CS1, and that was before anyone actually got to use that piece of shit gadget finger move.

They often change things on tager just to say they changed him. Simply put, if they continue to increase his combo rate and damage he will be considerably better even without any other changes.
OMG! What's up man. It's Havik from CH3. Anyways, you have a point bro. But if they keep increasing his damage they get emails from the youtube scrubs about Tager.

But if they keep increasing his damage they get emails from the youtube scrubs about Tager.

Dude, they do that NOW and have done so since CT. You don't need real damage on scrubs, they are too dim to backdash or jump out of busters