Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CSE] Iron Tager General Discussion

Early match coming up for you guys to critque. Not against a great player but it was a fun match for me. I'll be getting some better ones up soon for you guys to help me out with.

Do you guys get a lot of people hanging onto bursts to use them as reversals? I find them to be so bad against Tager I'd rather use Gold for an easy-in. However, I heard Gold Burst got worse. Kind of sad....

That's just something I do. I am a pretty low-tier player though. :/

Axis if you're ever on PSN I would like to play you some time.

Also Dango > Magnet. Not by a lot but it's a sad reality we should all accept.

Do you guys get a lot of people hanging onto bursts to use them as reversals? I find them to be so bad against Tager I'd rather use Gold for an easy-in. However, I heard Gold Burst got worse. Kind of sad....

That's just something I do. I am a pretty low-tier player though. :/

Axis if you're ever on PSN I would like to play you some time.

Also Dango > Magnet. Not by a lot but it's a sad reality we should all accept.

Actually I'm pretty sure gold bursts got harder to punish if you block them, I could be wrong though so don't quote me on it. (I'll assume you're talking about using Gold bursts against Tager, so here goes) Gold bursts are indeed a good reversal option sometimes, but if you use them too much then the opponent Tager (if they're good) will start to adapt and punish it with voltic charge->720 or stuff. I catch a lot of wake-up gold bursts by walking up and just voltic charging if I smell the fear and desire to burst to get the Tager away.

But yeah, it's still a good option, especially if you have a DP in addition to it to mix it up a bit. What character do you use?

Do you guys get a lot of people hanging onto bursts to use them as reversals? *I find them to be so bad against Tager I'd rather use Gold for an easy-in. *However, I heard Gold Burst got worse. *Kind of sad.....

For me, they either use em for reversals or they rage burst off 5A, or they wait for the time to run out if they score off a simple mistake. It is what it is. I do the same thing too, hold off on bursting or my ass gets destroyed because of it due to a simple fuck up. :V

Also, I've been finding myself using Sledge combos more often because lolnetplay.

I like how now I use MTW at any moment I can squeeze it into a mag combo now. Its like gimme me 6k and my 50% meter I wasted right back. I need to find more opponents.

EDIT: I am glad that lolnetplay doesn't affect my good connection anymore or as Neo from the Matrix 2 would say....Hmmm upgrades!!!

Its like gimme me 6k and my 50% meter I wasted right back.

Funny definition of the word "wasted" you have there.

Actually I'm pretty sure gold bursts got harder to punish if you block them, I could be wrong though so don't quote me on it. (I'll assume you're talking about using Gold bursts against Tager, so here goes) Gold bursts are indeed a good reversal option sometimes, but if you use them too much then the opponent Tager (if they're good) will start to adapt and punish it with voltic charge->720 or stuff. I catch a lot of wake-up gold bursts by walking up and just voltic charging if I smell the fear and desire to burst to get the Tager away.

But yeah, it's still a good option, especially if you have a DP in addition to it to mix it up a bit. What character do you use?

Gold Burst are less invulnerable now. It is only invulnerable up until the active frames. Quite funny, because on a couple of occasions, I traded Gold Burst while playing in casuals. Both characters flew straight up in the air! Lol! It still offers the same frame advantage on block though. Still, whether it is Gold or Green, Tager's MTW eats it for lunch.

Gold Burst are less invulnerable now. It is only invulnerable up until the active frames. Quite funny, because on a couple of occasions, I traded Gold Burst while playing in casuals. Both characters flew straight up in the air! Lol! It still offers the same frame advantage on block though. Still, whether it is Gold or Green, Tager's MTW eats it for lunch.

Yeah I had a feeling I was wrong lol. Guess that just goes to show since I don't have Extend yet :c

And lol I love when two people gold burst at the same time, it's really funny when the hivemind is so strong that they both do the same thing. Oh yeah, forgot about MTW, that's also a good option for baiting bursts as well.

Well if you get "counter-hit" out of your Gold Burst wouldn't it still send the other player flying? Outside of certain ridiculous DDs that is. It was never relevant in MTW's case since that eats everything. Except the one time I saw Ashura(clash) > Daifunka beat it for the win. One of the craziest things I have ever seen.

Actually, going back to the Gold Burst mechanics. It seem there is a lot more to it than what i first thought. For some reason, GB loses all it invulnerbility when it is faced with another GB. Because of that, whoever does their GB first wins NO MATTER WHAT! The character that does it second will be hit out of the start up frames of their GB. If both character do it on the same frame, then it trades like I mentioned in my earlier post. It will do fine against any other attacks, you'll just goes right through it unscathed.

Actually, going back to the Gold Burst mechanics. It seem there is a lot more to it than what i first thought. For some reason, GB loses all it invulnerbility when it is faced with another GB. Because of that, whoever does their GB first wins NO MATTER WHAT! The character that does it second will be hit out of the start up frames of their GB. If both character do it on the same frame, then it trades like I mentioned in my earlier post. It will do fine against any other attacks, you'll just goes right through it unscathed.

I had my GB lose when I went first.

Stupid CSE Tager. My body can't get used to him yet.

I know that feeling... practice his 7.5k combo, it's pretty much every important link in one combo.

I know that feeling... practice his 7.5k combo, it's pretty much every important link in one combo.

It's less about combos and more about wtf do I do after 3C my body thinks it doesn't emergency tech etc. He just feels different.

It's special cancelable so just practice that.

At NEC I was delaying stuff after 3C until I got used to it.

so far tager doesnt feel different

fighting him anyway

You're still the fly, he's still the elephant, and if the elephant ever finds the fly that's been harassing him endlessly, that fly is still fucked in the ass.

Not a Tager player here, but... WTF did Arcsys do to him?

It's a lot fucking harder to approach him. I'm having some trouble with my Valky vs him :(

Not a Tager player here, but... WTF did Arcsys do to him?

It's a lot fucking harder to approach him. I'm having some trouble with my Valky vs him :(

They raised the attack level on all of his lighter moves, giving them much better advantage in close. When he does catch you, he fucks you up good. You still have the advantage all other times though.

And that could also mean closed-range chars like Valky will have a VERY fun time dealing with Tager?

I need to relearn that match up. I was so enjoying Tagers in BBCS2 :v:

It's less about combos and more about wtf do I do after 3C my body thinks it doesn't emergency tech etc. He just feels different.

Pretty much this. I've gotten into the habit of doing A sledge after 3C, but even with mag, I normally forget AC because I either can't connect J.2C or I just flat out forget. Lesson of the day is to practice and get used to it.

Like to ask about Tager's VoltCharge > Hammer. Its meant to be used like a counter, if someone were to hit Tager during it. what are the inputs for it, also are there like other requirements, like level of attack/projectiles?