Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CSE] Iron Tager General Discussion

Why not just 720 right after the 5A, instead of using 5A Voltic Charge into 720? Unless, if you are using the Voltic Charge to prevent yourself from jump canceling the 5A during a block string. If that is the case, I would do something like 63214A78963214D7896C. Keep 5A's block stun in mind. It may end up purple throwing because you are technically special canceling into 720, after a move that is very plus on block.

If the 5A is blocked you will have to VTC cancel to keep yourself from purple throwing them.

But yeah VTC cancel 720 only works if you can cancel the jump with VTC I believe.

IE 5A and 5B are the only reasons, or you are just fast as all hell like Brice.

Why is Brice so good at VTC Cancelling. :(

Speaking of buffering, I've been only able to do 2a,2b,5b, and grab whiff > 720 consistently

Why does my Tager have no gimmicks?

To do a lot of gimmicks, just throw all of your cares to the wind and do whatever the heck you want. Don't be afraid to not finish the combo, don't be afraid to not have oki, don't be afraid that the opponent won't fall for it. Because they will fall for it if you believe hard enough.

Why is Brice so good at VTC Cancelling. :(

what? am I that good at VTC canceling? I always feel like I'm not fast enough... what I would find good would be able to do it on reaction, much like punishing a random makoto 3C or even a tsubaki shield rush would be brutal but I'm too slow still...

gotta grind that shit a lot again lol. also when I'm doing it in training mode 95% of the time the second part of the standing 720 comes out as 6248 exactly or with only 1 useless input and I'm not even thinking about doing it specifically like this too. still makes it fast as lightning. I should make a video then by showing what it looks like with a handcam but I don't own any...

uhm first time really posting on anything here, but trying to get in somewhere. Just saying I would be just awe-struck if I could even pull off a VTC cancel or Standing 720 at the level I'm at now. That's why I'd love some pointers from all the wonderful gentleman at dustloop.

Down to my 1st question: When getting your opponent into a knockdown in the corner is 2B the usual go-to normal for those situations? And if there are some other tricks what are some that you guys have found successful?

Do you mean when they get up or in a combo? When they get up 2B is strong because it is plus on block even if it isn't meaty and it recovers quickly so some reversals don't work on it. It is also a low, so you can mix it up with throws.

Low/throw is a pretty good mix up and depending on distance you can pick up rolls with them too. Not really a "trick" so much as a nice mix up.

Tager doesn't usually end in a hard knockdown in the corner though.

Alright thank you very much I've been trying to get some timing with it when I can. I use netplay the most and what i found got a lot of people was going for a 2B and whiffing through their tech then I go into a 360 to catch them ASAP I got some people and others got their reversals off. guess I just need to be unpredictable with it. practice practice practice

So I was trying to put together a combo involving 6B > A Sledge the other day.

Then I realized that 6B has 19 frames of untechable time. One frame less than 5B.

6B has less untechable time than 5B.

That's fucked up.

That's fucked up on so many levels.

So I was trying to put together a combo involving 6B > A Sledge the other day.

Then I realized that 6B has 19 frames of untechable time. One frame less than 5B.

6B has less untechable time than 5B.

That's fucked up.

That's fucked up on so many levels.

lol wonderful

There is no off topic in this thread.

I'm afraid I am not making EVO I have no money for it as usual.

I believe what we are seeing is the best Platinum ever. Imagine this but with the inevitable buffs she/he/whatever is going to get(as I like to refer to it as). God help us all. :8/:

move list for bbcp is out we officially have an ''air driver'' guys get hype

Wouldn't that be a power-down? Unless somehow Lambda is a bad matchup for him I doubt Tager players would be happy about that.