Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

That grey gauge probably is just a heatmeter counter

And wtf@Tomoe doing fire spells.

The heat gauge extend is probably some sort of meta-world, where you probably gain even more heat.

Also, someone should translate what Rise is sayin, may be a clue.

That grey gauge probably is just a heatmeter counter

And wtf@Tomoe doing fire spells.

The heat gauge extend is probably some sort of meta-world, where you probably gain even more heat.

That fireball spell is Agneyastra, which summons comets from the sky. In P4, it's a physical skill she learns.

Finally, M. Bison gets some love with Teddy's cosplay.

Then again, they'll probably nerf him too...

EDIT: Elizabeth and Margaret should be hidden bosses or unlockable characters through score attack.

But why would there be a meta-world in Persona? I guess it's safe to assume that the system will be mostly based on the one in the original game, and there was nothing like that. I guess it's some sort of cooldown, like in AH or something.

Rise basically says "This one's going to be dangerous! Block!". Which does make sense with the protag in the super start-up.

Now that I think of it, those diamonds may just be the number of rounds won. I just didn't expect it to be over the health gauge.

EDIT: Also, that strip-club stage is probably just a super move background animation. But I would totally expect all the P4 dungeons to be represented as stages, so we just have to wait for that one.

This game is killin' BBCS2E right now. They really came through with this one, haven't been this hype for a fighting game since GGXX:AC+ came out.

wondering how controls are gonna work when fighting with the persona's maybe like carl?

yea that would make sense, also hope they put in some kind of comeback mechanic, not x-factor but it always makes fighting games more exciting

yea that would make sense, also hope they put in some kind of comeback mechanic, not x-factor but it always makes fighting games more exciting

Fuck a comeback mechanic. Earn that shit through real work.

um no it doesn't. earn your wins my friend.

8.5/10

Luckily for everyone else in the world, Arc System Works doesn't seem to like comeback mechanics. Even something like Ultras would just kill my hype for the game. The closest thing to a comeback mechanic you should get in an ArcSys game is meter for getting hit, and a burst.

Anyone else notice that in some of the screen shots "Free Play" is replaced by "Free Pray"?

Luckily for everyone else in the world, Arc System Works doesn't seem to like comeback mechanics. Even something like Ultras would just kill my hype for the game. The closest thing to a comeback mechanic you should get in an ArcSys game is meter for getting hit, and a burst.

Actually, I think the closest would be how you automatically gain meter when low on life.

Still waiting for Elizabeth and Margaret as playable characters.

Oh yeah, fingers crossed for DLC that can be earned through normal gameplay.

Analized the screenshots so far, and concluded that:

-You can perform Persona special moves outside "tv-world"

-Meter is splitted SF4/Jin style, probably there are "EX" Moves

-"Tv-world" doubles your meter

-There may be a cost to activate it, but cant conclude from current screenshots

-Doubled meter lasts even after tv-world is gone

-Skills like Agneyastra, God Hand can only be used in tv-world. Though, may be only a background effect like a distortion drive.

-You cant burst in tv-world or Skill moves, probably only when being hit.

-Persona gauge (below the health one), grays out, like the Persona portrait, and recovers overtime. Summoning costs that meter.

-Summoning "eats" a stock, doesnt seem to steadly consume it.

-The grey bar, below hit counter, is most likely related to combos. The number shows the damage, the bar probably something like JoJo that when filled awards with "Great", "Bingo", "Nice" combo messages.

PURE speculation, maybe i'm severely wrong about all this, but... Im hyped, I need to wonder.

Seriously Arcsys just has to have the words "Mitsuru" "Kirijo" "is" "playable" in the same sentence or any variation with the same meaning and I will do everything in my power to get this game.

Or like I said on my twitter I would destroy worlds to get this game lol.