Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

I don't see how it's implied at all...

Of course he's only going to mention Aegis because she's the only none P4 character shown, heck they only showed 4 of the 6 characters they have out of 10. Also as I said before if you include everyone in P4 who have Persona and fight + Aegis that only brings the roster to 7, leaving 3 slots open, so either A. For some reason people who don't have Persona are going to get involved or B more FES characters will pop up. Obviously Aegis has a reason for being here and maybe she's not alone, maybe other have reason to take part in this too.

The only thing that statement confirmed is The Ultimate will be a true part of the legacy and there will be relevance to Aegis' appearance.

Well, let's look at who has a Persona and can fight in Persona 4.

Confirmed: MC, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji

Unconfirmed: Naoto, Teddie, BAD GUY HURR (not sure if I should mention due to spoilerz)

However, we must also look at Persona 4 Golden, which has been announced concurrently with this. That game has a new character, Marie. I'm assuming she will be in this as well.

So ignoring Teddie and Killer, by my count, that is actually 8 characters counting Aegis.

*Playable announcer is a must. I'm sure she can throw Tofu at you and stuff @.@

Shame, I wanted shadow Kanji as the announcer - suits the job better.

Marie. I'm assuming she will be in this as well.

WRONG!

Sorry but Marie isn't a Persona user, Atlus isn't adding in a new playable character like they did with P3P (ie. Female lead), everything in the Golden are merely bonuses, the core game is untouched.

Also I only don't include Teddy in my count cause he is the host, so if he is playable he'll probably be a boss (not to say he won't take the usual Arc route of playable boss).

WRONG!

Sorry but Marie isn't a Persona user, Atlus isn't adding in a new playable character like they did with P3P (ie. Female lead), everything in the Golden are merely bonuses, the core game is untouched.

Also I only don't include Teddy in my count cause he is the host, so if he is playable he'll probably be a boss (not to say he won't take the usual Arc route of playable boss).

So they didn't do to anything to the original game? So what, it's like P3 to P3FES? Apart from the new Persona, etc.

So they didn't do to anything to the original game? So what, it's like P3 to P3FES? Apart from the new Persona, etc.

No they added stuff to the main game, there hasn't been any post game content announced yet.

- New Events

- Battle costumes

- New animated cutscenes

- New Persona

- Some wireless functions

- New character Marie (however she is not playable)

If anything it's like FES without the after story.

No they added stuff to the main game, there hasn't been any post game content announced yet.

- New Events

- Battle costumes

- New animated cutscenes

- New Persona

- Some wireless functions

- New character Marie (however she is not playable)

If anything it's like FES without the after story.

Wonder what her purpose is. Assuming she can't be a new social link or what not, I don't see the point of a new character.

WRONG!

Don't have to be so Lex Luthor about it. I don't even like that movie. :(

Anyways, I'd like to see more P3 characters, but they don't necessarily HAVE to include P3 characters to finish the roster. They could add Teddie and Killer, and then for the final spot have some brand new character.

Or the fox at the shrine. He was kind of a party member, may as well have all of them.

I just need dat crossdress costume.

For the moment, I dont think these "minor" changes justifies the buy. It's like old persona 4 with more stuff...

I'm sold if a FeMC is in though, maybe they can reconsider it because saying "We're not going to do any drastic changes in the game" implies that this is just a goddamn port.

For the moment, I dont think these "minor" changes justifies the buy. It's like old persona 4 with more stuff...

I'm sold if a FeMC is in though, maybe they can reconsider it because saying "We're not going to do any drastic changes in the game" implies that this is just a goddamn port.

Well...

S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E~!

It is just a port, apparently Atlus was not pleased with how they had to cut ALOT of corners with P3P, I they wanted to include all the FES content and make it run like the PS2 version. The female protagonist was a mere compromise as they couldn't get what they REALLY wanted. With the power of the Vita they can translate the ENTIRE P4 experience to portables so they want to make this a package that doesn't really alienate fans who opt not to acquire it.

And with the game coming out in the same time frame as the arcade release of the Ultimate I doubt they'll be making a drastic reconsideration like that as this point in development. I'm hyped for the Golden more personally.

Is anyone really surprised it's just a port? I had a feeling that's all it would be but then again that's me...

But then what the hell is the point of Mari? How si she gonna fit in the game if it's just a port?

And with the game coming out in the same time frame as the arcade release of the Ultimate I doubt they'll be making a drastic reconsideration like that as this point in development. I'm hyped for the Golden more personally.

You're more hype for The Golden than Ultimate Mayonako?

Hell no. I already played Persona 4 extensively. Gimme my new fighter to main dammit.

This game needs instant kills just because of Chie.

Just make that kick into houtenjin. I'll main her literally on the fucking spot.

SUCK IT EVERYWHERE THAT ISN'T TEXAS!!!

Cause in April the convention Anime Matsuri will have this game for the weekend event!

I'm gonna attend this year.

SUCK IT EVERYWHERE THAT ISN'T TEXAS!!!

Cause in April the convention Anime Matsuri will have this game for the weekend event!

I'm gonna attend this year.

Looks like I'm gonna be going to AM again.

I'm in there fo sho

I know I'm posting on a forum called "Dustloop" but I'm personally hoping for no roman cancel mechanic.