Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

Chie is a Bruce Lee fan, she even bodies Yosuke for fucking up her Trial Of The Dragon DVD(In the Japanese version it is not mentioned by name, so the canon of it is questionable) but regardless she's a fan of the Bruce Lee style, which is why she can't be bad in this game Right?

Right?

Chie is a Bruce Lee fan, she even bodies Yosuke for fucking up her Trial Of The Dragon DVD(In the Japanese version it is not mentioned by name, so the canon of it is questionable) but regardless she's a fan of the Bruce Lee style, which is why she can't be bad in this game Right?

Right?

If she's bad, then the universe will implode. I don't see how they could make the Galatic Punt anything short of amazing.

Of the announced characters, looking forward to Yukiko and Chie the most right now.

HHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ok, that is all. Carry on.

I think I see where Soba's coming from. Your hype is boring.

If all you have to add to the conversation is "I am [still] hype," then maybe you should just not bother.

I think I see where Soba's coming from. Your hype is boring.

If all you have to add to the conversation is "I am [still] hype," then maybe you should just not bother.

I just felt the need to express myself in a place that has some relevance with that which I'm expressing...

But, in order to be a good citizen and contribute, I sincerely hope Dojima somehow gets in there with a pistol and starts shooting people. :yaaay:

watching the trailer again, im wondering if the attack done in the 00:29 seconds by Yu and on 01:20 by yosuke is some sort of "dust" attack ala GG since it seems that it sends the oponent to the air and you can continue with a combo

watching the trailer again, im wondering if the attack done in the 00:29 seconds by Yu and on 01:20 by yosuke is some sort of "dust" attack ala GG since it seems that it sends the oponent to the air and you can continue with a combo

well it's supposed to be a reference to the "all-out attack" from persona 4 (and 3). looks like you can spend meter to follow it up

I just realized that the trailer was in the style of Japanese MMA intro videos (specifically the DREAM series), right down to the announcer.

EDIT: Also the in-game event is named the "P-1 Grand Prix", which is a parody of the Japanese kickboxing tournament series "K-1 Grand Prix".

The theme sounds really good. I think the only thing I want out of P4U is listen to more Shoji Meguro music.

I don't know what has me more hype: Yu having Jojo's combos, or Yu having GRAND VIPER (with OM anyways).

Also, the HD quality video confirms that the diamond over Chie's bar doesn't disappear after Yu does an OM. So I'm guessing that OM just takes meter.

Ok totally found this by chance but...

So far Yukiko is the only character with a character specific gauge. Above her health is an Agi symbol, to represent flame, and it has a level value. Sadly it is only seen at 0 throughout the ENTIRE PV so exactly WHAT it does and how to raise it are unknown. But I think this might solidify her role has a more ranged fighter, depleting my hopes of a GC character and dropping my hype...

[ONE] preforming an Agi spell, which further adds prove to being more ranged oriented.

[TWO] after getting hit with one of Yosuke's attacks which causes confusion. (Yosuke actually looks at the screen while Jiraya completes the attack, proving he's a dick).

[THREE] full view of the entire HUD, poor Yukiko probably isn't cut out for this...

[FOUR] after a successfully block "DP" the protagonist is sent FLYING in the air...he looks quite vulnerable...

[FIVE] as expected Chie's entire arsenal is all kicks, I don't see her toss out many (if any) punches.

nice find

a what? :?:

Guard Cancels, she doesn't want to have to block :P

I'm guessing Chie's "kick" gauge is specific to a move.

Exposed.

I also noticed this game has chip damage but the health is turned blue, it remains as the Protagonist has this before, during, and after his DP which Yukiko blocks and in return gains some blue health. This is probably recoverable in some way.

F U, just because I like an awesome mechanic off an awesome character, and with a fan weapon you'd think reversals and counters would be her specialty.

The theme sounds really good. I think the only thing I want out of P4U is listen to more Shoji Meguro music.

I personally thought that the theme sounds like a generic epic anime song (still enjoyable nonetheless), but I'd rather hear music that's more in the line of the Persona games.

It's also quite a shame that they won't make use of P4 & (especially) P3's particular color shading of monotone & flashy colors on 'super moves' flash. As it stands, it's not gonna have an outstanding art direction. But I guess that's it's due to ASW working on it, can't blame them.

(Example: http://www.swotti.com/tmp/swotti/cacheCGVYC29UYSAZU29MDHDHCMUTVMLKZW8GR2FTAW5N/imgPersona%2033.jpg ,

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7xo2Kizeh_A/TGxAMIE-QCI/AAAAAAAAAcc/vUz6NpDdDAw/s1600/persona3_ps2.jpg

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8112/persona4.jpg

http://c.imagehost.org/0749/persona4_1920x1200.jpg

http://i-d.animepaper.net/thumbnails/preview/173662/1/%5Banimepaper.net%5Dpicture-standard-video-games-persona-4-shigenori-soejima-persona-4-173662-nat-preview-5ee4e82d.jpg )

I also noticed this game has chip damage but the health is turned blue, it remains as the Protagonist has this before, during, and after his DP which Yukiko blocks and in return gains some blue health. This is probably recoverable in some way.

F U, just because I like an awesome mechanic off an awesome character, and with a fan weapon you'd think reversals and counters would be her specialty.

Yukiko's specialty in P4 was magic all the way, and she certainly wasn't pulling Anji or Hakuowlo crap with her fan. It'd be kinda silly if she WASN'T a zoner imo.