Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

You underestimate the power of plot devices.

It would be cool to see him in the game, whether or not he's the main antagonist.

Let's hope he gets granted parole and just shows up for whatever reason.

Just hope it doesn't go ARcana style and allow us to choose any Persona for any character.

Hope it DOESNT? You mean hope it DOES. best goddamn system.

Hope it DOESNT? You mean hope it DOES. best goddamn system.

I disagree, but then again I probably just don't like it because the game system itself isn't my thing.

If Persona did it maybe it would be better due to not having to move/dash/escape pressure/apply pressure/extend combos with a single button.

I love me my Arcana lol, but if they did that than this game is pointless lol.

Make the main character like Shang Tsung and can use YOUR Persona

Make the main character like Shang Tsung and can use YOUR Persona

Only Shadow

Minato

can do that.

If Persona did it maybe it would be better due to not having to move/dash/escape pressure/apply pressure/extend combos with a single button.

2/10

anyway, homing doesnt even have much to do with the nature of "here, choose a second "character" that adds to moveset and gives you passive properties," the rest of the arcana system doesnt have much to do with the concept

dat flexibility

i do not understand what you mean by pointless

2/10

anyway, homing doesnt even have much to do with the nature of "here, choose a second "character" that adds to moveset and gives you passive properties," the rest of the arcana system doesnt have much to do with the concept

dat flexibility

i do not understand what you mean by pointless

Right, that's what I meant, since P4U wont have homing, I'd probably like it more.

Since my only experience with the Arcana system was in Arcana, I never got to fully appreciate it.

Do we know the controls yet?

They mentioned somewhere that it's a 4 button system. I'll have to hunt down the article again. Here's the article.

How would switching Personas work though? Protag and Aigis are the only two confirmed members with the Wild Card.

<--- not familiar with Persona at all...

I was under the assumption Personas were, well, personal? Might make a little more sense in this case to have them character-specific...

yeah even with the main character it's not like they could use other party members persona, i don't think there's any possibility of that happening. I'm hoping for the starting/final forms swap idea, with each version giving different play styles or something. could be just an unlimited mode type thing we don't know

TGS starts tomorrow, and P4U will be there for gameplay.

!

And yeah, Personas are personal and cant be shared. Protag only switches to the ones in the sea of his soul.

<--- not familiar with Persona at all...

I was under the assumption Personas were, well, personal? Might make a little more sense in this case to have them character-specific...

Didn't use to be.

But for some goddamn reason they kept P3's awful system for the next game, and it stuck.

TGS starts tomorrow, and P4U will be there for gameplay.

It already started, it's just closed to the public.

Didn't use to be.

But for some goddamn reason they kept P3's awful system for the next game, and it stuck.

That's actually the change that I like between P2 and P3. Because I'd rather have a party of characters that play differently than just a couple of slots for me to put my Personas in. And I was actually confused that I can not only fuse my starting Personas, but even get rid of them for good, too :psyduck:

Oh man, why must you post this right when I have to go out? Now I will only be able to watch the rest in nine hours!

From what I can see, Yukiko can zone with magic AND weapon attacks, while Kanji has a nasty super-grab that brings the opponent to a corner (I guess he is a grappler, after all).

OK from that video it basically looks like it's BlazBlue, except the Drive button is replaced by the Persona button, I saw Yukiko do some special moves that were not persona based(throwing her fan) and I saw her persona use moves that looked more like specials as well, it's possible that pressing the D button makes the persona do a normal, while a motion like for example 236D would make the persona do a special.

I can't fucking wait, this is no longer blind hype, I saw some Chie shit that made me happy:

5A(Probably) is just like Noel's, short ranged, but fast, hits crouchers.

Noel's 2B, but more range.

Jam's cartwheel kick(dunno the notation)

She may be a rekka character

Tomoe has HUGE moves, FUCK YOU PERSONA TAGER

she has this triple step kick, probably a special, can be used on the ground and in the air, may even be a DP of sorts.

has Chun Li's 63214K, really fast and probably an overhead.

Saw her combo into Tomoe fist of death for only 1.5k, possible though that the damage counter stops when there is no more health left, since he died.

Saw a simple combo into 2.3k and was pretty hype.

You didn't watch the PV, lol this game will be flashy as f--

Anyways the System Guide and Movelist (if no one gets to it before I do I'll translate what I can)

YESS, thank you for this SoBa-chii ' w'