Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

Your gut reaction should be to immediately tune them out. Are you an alien? Also your link doesn't seem to work.

i know :P

Are you an alien?

i wish :/

Also your link doesn't seem to work.

weird, it worked a while ago

edit

some info on the link that i posted before

Atlus and Arc System Works' Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena fighting game has characters from Person 4 and Persona 3. But it may also have original characters as well.

Arc held a stage event for the game at the Tokyo Game Show yesterday. In attendance were Arc prodcuer Toshimichi Mori, Arc director Takumi Iguchiya, Atlus producer Katsura Hashino, and Atlus director Kazuhisa Wada.

Mori teased that some big character reveals could be on the way, admitting that even he was surprised with some of the character choices. He also hinted that there may be original characters.

edit 2

info about the movelist on the link that doesnt work now

Yu Narukami (an all-rounder who can fight at any distance)

After pressing D while using a standing D attack, or doing a jumping D, he'll be able to fight independently of his Persona.

電光石火 (aka Swift Strike) can be used to counter attacks.

EX Zio puts the enemy into shocked status, and prevents him from moving.

Chie (shines at close-range rushdown)

暴れまくり (aka Rampage) cancels into 脳天落とし (aka Skull Cracker), which breaks guard. (I might be misinterpreting this)

Power Charge is a super, and buffs her damage (can stack up to 3 times)

Agneyastra is her ultimate attack, and if guarded brings you very close to the enemy. (Yeah I'm definitely misinterpreting this lol)

Yousuke (speediest in the game!)

In the air he can cancel any of his specials into another special. He can cast Tentarafoo, which is unblockable and causes panic status. While in panic status the enemy's left/right controls are reversed. After casting Sukukaja (his ultimate) his dashes are considered attacks (might be misinterpreting that last part).

Yukiko (her fans allow her to pressure the enemy from long range)

Dia restores her health as you hold down the button.

Fire Boost increases the damage of fire attacks and is stackable.

Fire Break makes your next fire attack unblockable.

Kanji (gets in close and uses grappling moves)

His normal grab and 串刺しだぁ! (aka Skewer) command grab have extra range. 耐えてみやがれ! can grab enemies unless they're crouching. As the enemy takes damage from his D attacks, they get closer to getting put in shocked status which prevents them from moving.

some videos of the TGS

Uploading about a hour worth of gameplay. some good some bad. check it out http://www.youtube.com/user/gostunv

They are taking quite a while to upload and process so be patient. i gotta go hit up the TGS floor in a bit again. hopefully since its TGS day some GG & BB players come out to give this one a try. although the best thing about japan is that nobody is truly a scrub.

Mix up in general seems a lot nastier than in BB. It looks like Chie has a rekka of bicycle kicks > overhead/low > follow up, and both options look pretty freakin' fast.

Tentarafoo sounds scary with blockstrings, since you have to be very careful and change the direction you're pressing exactly when the effect wears out so you don't eat a combo. I'm sure Yosuke will have lots of ways to exploit that.

Not sure how useful Kanji's shock status will be, though it would be cool if it works as a local Guard Break variant. I'd like more info about the general throw system before making any proper judgment, but I do like this dude.

And Yu is the only one who gets JoJo combos, too bad.

More footage from the guy linked to by Hecatom. Mainly showing Yukiko and Protag. There's some Yousuke footage too, but the dude doesn't do much, so it's more a Yukiko exhibition than Yousuke info.

so when you run out of persona gauge it looks like you lose burst until it recovers, scary...

Really? Well, it'll teach people to not over-rely on their Personas and reward people for hitting the opposing Persona I guess... Has there been any mention of a cooldown-esque period before you can use your Persona again being entered if you do hit zero?

Edit: I really need to learn how to read. Better question, did they mention how long the recovery period is?

I wanna see if Chie's bicycle kick has a opening to exploit somewhere. It's already feeling bad when everyone who is shown playing Chie is mashing that move like there's no tomorrow... =/

I wanna see if Chie's bicycle kick has a opening to exploit somewhere. It's already feeling bad when everyone who is shown playing Chie is mashing that move like there's no tomorrow... =/

In a couple of the videos, it kinda looked like you can IB > 2A out of it. I've seen mixed success though, the bicycle kicks themselves have GP so you get screwed over if you hit buttons to get out too early, and I've seen some people IB > get CH. They're either hitting the wrong button then or there's a way to frametrap on the second hit of the rekka.

Edit: Looking at the videos again and I'm noticing some people peg Chie's out of bicycle kicks near the end. Looks like the GP doesn't last the entire way through.

Edit 2: Very possible I'm getting the GP on it mixed up with the flip kick. On the other hand, it seems to work in blockstrings.

just use that super armor reversal that everyone has

just use that super armor reversal that everyone has

Ah, that R Action that everyone has. Seems like they really wanted universal options to be prevalent in this game.

Really? Well, it'll teach people to not over-rely on their Personas and reward people for hitting the opposing Persona I guess... Has there been any mention of a cooldown-esque period before you can use your Persona again being entered if you do hit zero?

Edit: I really need to learn how to read. Better question, did they mention how long the recovery period is?

You can time it here.

Looks like it takes around 10 in-game seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwNkns9FQqU&feature=related#t=01m06s

gold burst seems to give 27 meter here. i suspect it's gg style max meter for gold burst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwNkns9FQqU&feature=related#t=06m59s

negative penalty shown here. no idea what the actual effects are... meter doesn't go down, so maybe it's increased damage taken like bb?

During negative penalty he gets hit by Izanagi attack > jump attack > 2A(?) for ~1.5k (hard to see the number). That particular combo never comes up again, but it looks like similar combos do about as much. Did the negative penalty just not kick in, and what we saw was just the warning?

From 2:10, it looks like Kanji's Paralysis status seems to last for ~5 ingame seconds.

I've been thinking..

If 5/2AAA results in a gatlling/auto combo, will tick/jabbing stuff exist?

Jojo's actually has A autocombos like that, and such things are still possible. Obviously Persona may be different, but in Jojo's mashing A will get two or three 5As, then any other attacks will come out as normal. So by staggering the inputs a bit, you can continue using 5A. (Actually in Jojo's you have to mash pretty fast to get the full autocombo.)

For example, I play Mariah. 5AAA is two jabs and then a lunging slash. 5AA A is just three jabs. The gap is only as wide as 5A's startup, canceling after it hits (or is blocked) will stop the autocombo from occurring.

Are there any videos of Kanji's stage? Because I've only seen four of them so far, and they seem to be character-specific:

Midnight Channel (Yu)

Streets (Yosuke)

School (Chie)

Music room (Yukiko)

Forget the stages, where the heck is some Aigis gameplay? I haven't seen her at all.

Aigis wasn't playable in the TGS build.

That explains a lot then. Although I find it kind of odd how they didn't even 'officially' announce Yukiko and Kanji during the release trailers and stuff, yet they were playable.

Oh well, Yu looks sweet. I've noticed that he can have Izanagi go from one attack to the next while he's summoned. Does doing so reduce the start up at all do you think, or is the same as if he summoned him for each separate attack?

That explains a lot then. Although I find it kind of odd how they didn't even 'officially' announce Yukiko and Kanji during the release trailers and stuff, yet they were playable.

Actually they released an extended PV today which includes the both of them (that's really all that was added), but even so in the previous trailer they were at least show doing stuff, to this date Aegis is the ONLY character without ANYTHING shown, on the site the only screenshot of her is just standing there with the protagonist, and it's the only screen with the "Free Pray" signifying this was early material, and even thought she was announced in the PVs she wasn't shown doing anything.

Aegis is probably the least developed at the time of announcement, however they probably included her to spark early interest in the game.

Aegis is probably the least developed at the time of announcement, however they probably included her to spark early interest in the game.
Makes sense I guess. She IS the only indication that this game includes characters from games besides Persona 4.