Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

Is it just me or does this game seem faster than BB?

Combos don't have five seconds of hitstop so it helps speed things up a bit, beyond that it's a bit slower.

There's very little in the way of blockstrings and pressure in the videos, just lots of footsies and zoning. To be fair though, these are videos of a bunch of people playing a brand new game for the first time, for all we know Protag and Chie could have day long pressure that noone has figured out how to do yet.

Yosuke looks so sweet, that crossup dash could be nasty for mixups when used with his persona. As much as I love Chie, more people should picking some of dat Yosuke goodness.

MMMHMMMMMM

Yukiko seems to have an Art Parser/Vivace-esque c-dash. Several points where one of the Yukikos used it for cross-up/fuckitI'mouttahere.

Protag's beam super's hitbox seems to extend into his body.

Edit: Actually looks like everyone has some sort of cross-up dash. Chie does it too at points.

Yukiko seems to have an Art Parser/Vivace-esque c-dash. Several points where one of the Yukikos used it for cross-up/fuckitI'mouttahere.

Protag's beam super's hitbox seems to extend into his body.

Edit: Actually looks like everyone has some sort of cross-up dash. Chie does it too at points.

they're using their quick escape, which is a dodge (A+C)

Are there any videos of Yosuke fighting anyone other than Yu? Either Yu's damage is nuts or Yosuke has like 10 hp.

Are there any videos of Yosuke fighting anyone other than Yu? Either Yu's damage is nuts or Yosuke has like 10 hp.

Here's one of Yukiko versus Yousuke. Unfortunately, the Yousuke doesn't seem to do all that much. :/

I wouldn't say that Protag's damage is all that high in comparison, it's just that they're consistently hitting 1.5k when everyone else can't figure out combos that break 1.2k. Considering that the highest meterless damage we've seen so far is a Chie doing 2k, I honestly feel like it's just that people didn't have the time to figure anything out combo-wise.

I didn't see any outrageous combo damages, I think the most I saw was like 2-2.5k.

Okay, seems like Kanji shares the Streets stage with Yosuke for now.

Is it just me, or are low hits slower than overheads here? Of course, there are other ways to mix things up this time, but I see little reason for crouching blocking.

And geez, Chie seems to be even more popular than Yu.

Really looks to me like the lows are faster than the overheads. Just seems like everyone is pre-trained to block low in FGs, the overheads have superarmor, and nobody knows what the overheads look like (and thus don't react to them) leads into people spamming overheads and having it work.

Or we could possibly just have decent mix up across the entire cast.

Other Topic Edit: Article on Siliconera from a guy who got to play at AMS/TGS. tldr version: Confirms stuff we already know about the system/characters and comments on how lines were too long for anyone to really spend time at the game. The person in question only got to play 3 times.

chie definitely looks to be the character to beat

I wouldn't go that far. This is "never played the game before" footage, so naturally, the character with some easy, basic chains will do best.

I'm disappointed by the lack of good Yosuke footage, but oh well. Considering how fast he is, I'm sure he'll have crazy stuff once people get some real hands-on time with him.

DLC confirmed for console version, though it doesn't state which form it will take (characters/stages/colors/etc)

2 short gameplay clips per character (minus Aegis) have been added that better show off combos, setups, and potential.

EDIT: The above video is just all the clips from the site spliced into one, by a fan.

oh my bad though it was a new video :p

Lol and the 1st thing i said when this game was announced is please don't make any day1 DLC...

You can tell this game still has a lot of work to go, because the little icon that tracks a character being off screen is always Yu's face.

oh my bad though it was a new video :p

Lol and the 1st thing i said when this game was announced is please don't make any day1 DLC...

No it's still technically new, as they were posted today, I just wanted to let everyone know it's the same whether you check out this vid or the ones on the site.

And it just says DLC, it doesn't state the nature or release window