Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

The background/stages are so much better in this comparedto Blazblue. I always felt they looked like they were sort of pasted on the 3d backgrounds in BB and just floating there. They look like they are actually a part of the setting in P4U. love howthe desks move when Chie or Yu do a big move near them. Remind me of 3s stages.

Uri, on page 96 (if you use the default page settings) I posted the correct movelist for Mitsuru you can grab there

Tari, I think Hawk meant how I translated (I.E. inserted) the english terms in the movelist images. He worded it badly though lol

Uri, on page 96 (if you use the default page settings) I posted the correct movelist for Mitsuru you can grab there

Tari, I think Hawk meant how I translated (I.E. inserted) the english terms in the movelist images. He worded it badly though lol

Yeah, I figured. :P

I'm not really worried about that sorta stuff, I just happened to be responding to his post anyway. xD

Was looking through the TGS footage, and man, that all-out rush has some crazy guardpoint on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRqlxrkyGwE#t=9m10s

Oh, and I think the volume comment was actually on Ziodyne. Whoops.

Yeah, I figured. :P

I'm not really worried about that sorta stuff, I just happened to be responding to his post anyway. xD

Was looking through the TGS footage, and man, that all-out rush has some crazy guardpoint on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRqlxrkyGwE#t=9m10s

Oh, and I think the volume comment was actually on Ziodyne. Whoops.

Hmm, similar to Counter Assault in Blazblue then except guardpoint instead of invincibility frames, or is there more to it? Looks cool. I want to see some Aigis gameplay. Hopefully some will be released before the year's out.

Actually, I think I may be looking at the wrong thing... I'm not sure anymore D:

But the game looks so awesome, graphics wise, those backgrounds, it's somehow what I would imagine a Persona on a next-gen console to look like.

P4U has counter assault though, which is the same as it is in BB.

All Out Rush is it's own sort of command normal that actually has a ton or armor, I've seen Yu tank like 3 jabs before and it still came out. Whether it has a certain amount of armor or maybe you need a certain move to break through it I don't know.

The reason I'm calling it guardpoint is because in BB (unless I'm missing something), superarmor doesn't prevent the superarmor'd character from taking damage. It just lets them finish their attack.

Guardpoint, on the other hand, causes those blue guard flashes on hit, causes the player to take no damage, and allows the player to finish his/her attack. There's no beating out a guardpoint with damage, you just have to wait for the guardpoint to end. I'm guessing the all-out rush guard is full-body, as well, which means you can't go around it either.

Very curious to know if that holds true in P4U, because that basically means every character has a DP in the form of all-out rush.

i think it's too early to know for sure if it's got armor on frame 1. the primer also says that the move is an overhead, so it's seems more of a gg dust with super armor. (especially since like GGX, you press 2 buttons to do a dust, and you do 2+dust to do a sweep)

I wonder if the "All-out Rush" is armored towards lows too. I hope some more videos show up soon, that first one didn't really do it for me.

So, not a DP, but still pretty useful. Full-body guardpoint + easy hitconfirm seems interesting.

Ahh, wish we had the game here so we could test things.

So, not a DP, but still pretty useful. Full-body guardpoint + easy hitconfirm seems interesting.

Ahh, wish we had the game here so we could test things.

Hopefully Atlus will hear our cries and this will get a US release.

You can actually use your own All Out Rushes guard point to counter someone else's but since they all have different speeds and such, like since Chie's hops I'm fairly sure lows might whiff on her, just as an example

Hopefully Atlus will hear our cries and this will get a US release.

This is Atlus we're talking about. I'd be surprised if they didn't release this in the US.

This is Atlus we're talking about. I'd be surprised if they didn't release this in the US.

Basically this.

That said, Atlus doesn't always release games that they collaborate on. See "Nora and the Time/Engraving Studio" as an example. I am ridiculously in need of that game in English, but there is no information on it being even considered for localization by either Gust or Atlus.

This game has a far higher chance of being localized, though, seeing as how it's a Persona game.

For the record, there is gonna be an english demo at an anime con in Texas in summer time, I think the odds are pretty good we'll get it

It's basically guaranteed if there's an English demo already, haha.

For the record, there is gonna be an english demo at an anime con in Texas in summer time, I think the odds are pretty good we'll get it

That all but confirmed us getting it lol. :yaaay:

^:toot:

BTW, even though I doubt it'll happen, it'd be awesome if Daisuke did variations of SMT songs, kinda like this. Although I'm guessing the redone songs in the game will only be from the Persona branch of SMT.

But how cool would it be if Nocturne's protagonist was in P4U? :v: