Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

Air control? Why do I have this feeling she might be Arcsys take on Sentinel with her playstyle. And she punishes random Persona summons easily? That sounds pretty scary.

I might be a little late to the party but is there no mention of Rise Kujikawa being playable? They technically have everyone form P4 but her.

I might be a little late to the party but is there no mention of Rise Kujikawa being playable? They technically have everyone form P4 but her.

No she's merely giving out tips like usual.

Actually, does she cheer on her sempai during battle? Haha.

yep haha. it's gonna be weird with her not taking sides here.

ex:

Tee-hee! Senpai! That was soo cool! (Protagonist dodges attack)

Oh, nice move, Yosuke-senpai! (Yosuke dodges attack)

You hit its weakness, Yukiko-Senpai.

You struck its weak-point, Chie-Senpai!

Enemy Down. Show it what you've got, Kanji-kun!

Two enemies down. Do it again, Chie-senpai!

Enemy down! That's the spirit, Teddie! (Teddie downs enemy)

Enemy defeated. Go for broke, Teddie! (Teddie defeats 1 enemy)

Enemy defeated. Keep it up, Yosuke -senpai! (Yosuke defeats 1 enemy)

You're on a roll, Sempai! Two defeated. (Protagonist defeats 2 enemies)

Wow, Naoto-kun! You defeated two enemies. (Naoto defeats 2 enemies)

Three enemies defeated! You're so cool, Senpai.

If she cheers for Yu-senpai specifically more than everyone else, she's getting turned off every match I play >__>.

Added some more impressions/notes in my post in the loketest area, mostly talking about the game and Yu, Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko with some other stuff sprinkled in

I saw Chie link a 5A after a grounded Rampage > Skull Cracker in the corner...

I've been in a hype coma ever since.

So Rise gives off tips in addition to being the announcer?

... At least last time I paid attention I thought I heard she was the announcer lol.

I think how it works is if you choose to have her, her pic will pop up and she'll do commentary but if you don't you'll just get the default narrator who just says stuff like counter, fatal, w/e.

i thought i heard a generic male announcer voice? i dunno, sound was pretty muffled and it could have come from a different game.

If you wana hear the generic male announcer, our YT channel has those gameplay samples, where his voice is all over. Beats the heck out of CS2/EX announcer, that's for sure

I haven't heard any engrish out of this announcer so far, I like that. On a side note I'm hoping there's some official videos released showing what the other 5 characters can do, like with what they did for the first 5.

i think it gives naoto a fun little mini-game to her fighting style, like playing pheonix wright in mvc3. You could win the match normally, but it sounds like naoto's not that strong a fighter when you compare her to the likes of say chie, so the fate system gives her that sense of being very dangerous if you're not being careful against her. It sounds like it could also be used strategicly; the lower you get the fate gauge in the first round, the easier it is to get it in the second, so you get it as low as you can (maybe 0), save the kill, and make the next round that much easier.

and since it's naoto and hamaon/mudoon were her abilities it fits perfectly, i would even say it would be weird if she couldn't do it.

So how do you guys feel about Naoto's instant kill moves?

Since she has to work for it and plan for when to use it, I think adds some nice depth to her gameplay and strategy.

The fate gauge reverts to 7 after a round is over, if the opponent is below 7 at the end of the round.

That said, it's apparently difficult (but possible) to combo into her insta-kills, so it forces a burst from the opponent if they get tagged by a good combo and they're in danger state.

If Naoto messes up her combo and the opponent invulns through/jumps over/blocks Hamaon/Mudoon, the fate gauge reverts to 14, and the entire countdown has to start over again.

Remember that she also has to have her Persona active to even tick the gauge down at all, so once her persona is disabled, she basically becomes a weaker zoning character with mediocre damage output.

If she misses or it's blocked she has to start all over again? My god it sounds like her instant kills are as practical as an Astral Finish.

what if her counter's not at 0 at the time when you use it? does it still restart or are you not even able to use them?

It ticks down the counter if you use land the move when the counter's not at 0, I believe. Not entirely clear on that, but it only reverts to 14 when you whiff the actual IK (ie: opponent must be in 0-fate danger state).

If she misses or it's blocked she has to start all over again? My god it sounds like her instant kills are as practical as an Astral Finish.

Except it takes 50 meter and you can combo into it when the opponent is at any amount of health, as long as they've got 0 fate counters remaining. :P