Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

ik's arent broken in bb because they take 1 burst and require the opponent to have less than 35% health

dunno about the burst requirement, but all you need is the 100 meter, without requiring any sort of other requirement from what i see

could lead to BEST HNK ROUND EVER moments i dunno

The other requirement is that it has to be match point for your character. In other words, you have to only need one more round to win the match.

Many of the IKs look very bad in terms of properties, super slow and very obvious startup. But a few look really good, like Chie's and Aegis's.

I don't think there have been any videos of people comboing into them, nor have I seen any info confirming one way or another. So that's still up in the air at the moment. Chie's looks like you could combo into it pretty easily.

Worst case scenario, if IKs ended up being too good, you could set the rounds to 3 out of 5. I don't suspect they will be that big of a deal though.

Do remember that like other fighters, P4U can and will go under updates and patches in the future. IK's may be in for a nerfing of their lives in the next update

Not gonna lie, even if IKs aren't comboable. Naoto's is pretty bullshit.

That one match she bursted as soon as the round started, got 100 meter, activated her IK and won. It doesn't even look like it can be dodged that easy.

Also. Teddie is day 1 main now. Dem barrel mix ups.

That one match she bursted as soon as the round started, got 100 meter, activated her IK and won. It doesn't even look like it can be dodged that easy.

i dont know, at least for me, it was like they were intentionally trying to land the IK

A kanji player showed that you can pretty much just walk out of the way and duck. The people who get caught are those who don't know what to do and jumped.

How to dodge it

1. Go under her Persona

2.See which side is safe

3. Step over to the safe side

4.Duck

5.Wait till it done

6.Punish her horribly for it

7.???

8.Profit

That said, it lasts way to long.

She hasn't won. Shes the only character who has not one video of her winning a match against another player.

Also the Arc Cops are shutting down all the arcade mode videos lol. We got hit rather hard but we're still alive, but we won't be uploading anymore arcade mode videos. I wonder if anyone else got hit, I know they all got removed off Nico Nico as well

So that explains why some of the vids vanished. I wonder why Arc is so defensive about this game.

Also if Shadow Yu is using the Bearson disguise as well it makes things a tad more complex.

I finally understood what Naoto's IK reminds me of: I-No's Megalomania. Sure, it's easy to dodge, but that doesn't mean that you're safe from an occasional error which costs you dearly.

Hooray, another one hour gameplay video.

And Aigis can't even win ONE round. Why is she so bad ;==;

From what I've seen of Aigis matches she just can't hold pressure worth shit. I don't know if it's the players not using all her tools or she just poorly designed for competition.

Aigis is not a bad character, she's just difficult. Keep in mind, it's only been a few days.

I'm staying very optimistic about every character for a while, until the game really starts to develop.

Hooray, another one hour gameplay video.

And Aigis can't even win ONE round. Why is she so bad ;==;

Even Yukiko got a few matches. I wonder why Aigis looks hard so hard to win with.

I don't wanna rag on japanese players but I have not seen a lot of true quality gameplay yet, granted it's week one but some people are just playing their characters all wrong. For example I can see a lot of potential for Yukiko but most of the current players are trying to play her like a rushdown character and refusing to use her unblockables, power ups, persona normals, etc. Granted the latest batch of videos is showing a lot of improvement but I'm curious what even put them into that mindset to begin with. Also combos seem to be really lacking so far but whether that is just because of the engine has yet to be seen.

It would be even better if we found out that Chie combos were STILL lacking :333

Broke as fuck dawg.

But seriously, I understand what you mean, I hope we see some good combos for everyone soon.

Even Yukiko got a few matches. I wonder why Aigis looks hard so hard to win with.

Maybe the players are afraid of running out of bullets? Not sure if that's the real reason it's just an idea.

The Aigis matches that I saw played her something like "Spam bullets, go Orgia mode when they run out", which obviously is not a good idea. People should realize that she has two modes, and switching between them makes her much more powerful.

Also, where the hell are all the Yus? It's like he's not even playable!

I dunno man, but the matches that Mr.TSUTAYA uploaded had plenty of Narukami Swag to go around.