Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

Why try when you can derp your way with Mitsuru, Chie and Kanji?

Seriously, that seems to be the state of mind of Japan right now.

Hey man, once you finally work your way up to a machine, you probably don't want to experiment with a bad character just so you can get kicked to the back of the line. Also rushing down fools is more fun than zoning all day.

Man guys, you're really jumping to conclusions today.

Mitsuru, Chie and Kanji are dominating right now because they seem relatively easy to use, not because they are strong characters.

Aigis is most likely a very difficult character, which is why she's probably not winning many matches right now.

I do agree that combos and general gameplay seem a bit lacking, however, this is a brand new game, and unlike BB and GG, no one has anything to base their combo ideas off of. Although, I was expected things to be found out quicker myself, it's understandable why no one has found much yet.

Also keep in mind that we may just not be getting the best players atm, that last hour long video that we saw had a less than impressive Chie player, she still won because her opponents were just as unimpressive.

For example:

ALL OUT ATTACK > j.AAAAAAAAA > FUCK MY COMBO DROPPED

happened way too often lol

Just be patient, I'm sure every character will have their hype day.

shameless self quote, since i think nobody knows yet

old news, it was discussed like 2 months ago and theorically was already know before that :P

Of course right after I make that comment the next batch of videos shows a VAST improvement in player quality. Oh Japan....can you ever forgive me for being so stupid?

The Aigis in the 3/2 Central Hachioji Tournament is pretty scary, making good use of Orgia mode and her persona guard.

Is there a video showing that gameplay?

Man guys, you're really jumping to conclusions today.

Mitsuru, Chie and Kanji are dominating right now because they seem relatively easy to use, not because they are strong characters.

Aigis is most likely a very difficult character, which is why she's probably not winning many matches right now.

I do agree that combos and general gameplay seem a bit lacking, however, this is a brand new game, and unlike BB and GG, no one has anything to base their combo ideas off of. Although, I was expected things to be found out quicker myself, it's understandable why no one has found much yet.

You're probably right, but still... Kanji seems retarded good. Is it really because he's easy?

Is there a video showing that gameplay?

Don't know exactly in which ones she appears anymore, you need to dig through them on your own.

everyone seems good so far. kanji only seemed above everyone else day 1 due to grappler syndrome.

this game seems pretty damn fast, aigis short hop overheads is like VS all over again. we'll see how it goes, but if i had to guess, this game is going to end up like hnk where everyone is broken in their own way.

aegis' playstyle really appeals to me, shes very much like a marvel character with orgia mode and that speed and bullets everywhere ooohhh. cant wait to use her :3

she first appears oon the 4th vid of the hachiouji set btw

Well I'll be sure to find it, thanks for the links.

I believe she shows up in part 4 to the end. The Nesica name for that Aigis looks familiar... I think they may be a Rachel player.

I love how acting salty finally got me Aigis' who can win. President Clinton was right, if you don't get something you want, just keep complaining to people till you do.

Huh, I woulda thought a Rachel would be more inclined to go like Naoto or something. Well I suppose Aigis makes more than enough sense too.

It's either Rachel or Lambda since there are usually a ton of them at their BB events... which would make a little bit of sense since they're both robot gals.

It's either Rachel or Lambda since there are usually a ton of them at their BB events... which would make a little bit of sense since they're both robot gals.

Not recognizing the name (キャーロチャサーン(ソ?)) from Rachel players, but eh, I don't pay that much attention to JP vids, so I might just not know about that player.

Also, Labrys' voice is as awesome as I hoped it'd be.

Glancing through it, looks mostly like a recap/compilation of all the stuff that was on the P4U website, with a bit more detail added.

Could've thrown this in the main P4U discussion thread, though.

shtkn edit: merged

Looked up a random Central Hachiouji vid and they're Lambda, not Rachel. My bad~

I want more Yukiko matches though I'm not complaining about the abundance of Mitsuru's that have shown up haha.

Yukiko has won an event or two, and has had some good matches and rounds so far though, shes shaping up much nicer than I had anticipated. Games got some great balance atm tbqh