Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

Looked up a random Central Hachiouji vid and they're Lambda, not Rachel. My bad~

I want more Yukiko matches though I'm not complaining about the abundance of Mitsuru's that have shown up haha.

Aha, so I'm not as uninformed as I suspected I might be!

Yukiko has won an event or two, and has had some good matches and rounds so far though, shes shaping up much nicer than I had anticipated. Games got some great balance atm tbqh

Let's hope it stays that way. :D

You guys really are not worried even though there's a divekick character around lol

Now, seriously, Yu damage output is very high when in awakening. stuff > stun dipper > awakening super = 4k

On the note of the video jourdal posted in the video thread, that combo video seemed....sorta eh, but then again, it's hard to complain since its week 1. Still didn't see very special outside of a few things that I didn't know, like her double sniper super like that in the corner.

2011 was the divekick year, this is 2012 :(.

The abundance of Mitsuru is lol....I cant say i mind but I got the idea already..it's Narukami i want to see..

@DT I wouldnt really call it a CMV...so i made sure to call it just "Naoto combos" so no one expects fancy editing and stuff..and i heard the game has no sparring mode :V ?

2011 was the divekick year, this is 2012 :(.

The abundance of Mitsuru is lol....I cant say i mind but I got the idea already..it's Narukami i want to see..

@DT I wouldnt really call it a CMV...so i made sure to call it just "Naoto combos" so no one expects fancy editing and stuff..and i heard the game has no sparring mode :V ?

Maybe Im just spoiled by high production values lol. No sparring mode huh? Interesting =/

Btw, I thought I'd share something I've been working on back on MM. A health list. So far I'm basically 100% sure on Chie, Kanji and Aigis but I have some good data and estimates for a few others as well. Take this with a grain of salt though until I can further verify with more Good-High quality videos.

Yosuke: 8.5k

Kanji: 10.5k

Chie: 9.5k

Yu: 9.5k

Aigis: 9k

Mitsuru: 9.5k

Yukiko: 8.5k

How did you estimate that? Did you take awakening Bonus guts factor into account?

Well, maybe it's not needed since it just increases defenses... but who knows.

Man 8.5k for Yukiko sounds rough, but then again she would not be low health for no reason. I know I have said it before but I really wanna see Yukiko players abuse her buff specials and set up cross ups with that 5D. Lv 3 Maragidyne>agidyne just sounds painful.

I've done lots of testing, calculating the damage totals (which is easy cuz even 1 hit gets a damage total). I have to do multiple tests though because of things like blue health and poison damage. The ideal match has next to no blue health lost and ends in a long combo with small damage differences, generally if theres a huge chunk of blue health lost or the round ends with a super that overkills or a command grab, I dont take that round. But ya, I've done intensive testing so far, but some of those values I need to do a bit more testing on, and I still need to test on Naoto and Akihiko (also Teddie, due to huge differences because of all his items)

How come I haven't seen a single Akihiko win? =[ Like, I'm still gonna main him but shit... whats the deal. -.-

How come I haven't seen a single Akihiko win? =[ Like, I'm still gonna main him but shit... whats the deal. -.-

You should check this post in the Aki thread here, or this thread on MM from time to time. :v:

As for winning there's this, this, this, and there's more but I'm too lazy to link them. And this thread isn't for vids anyway. :v:

dun mater, got dat gdlk unblockable random ass ik

Meh, people will figure it out.

Oh wow... after checking some videos, Naoto seems to be the most fragile so far with 8k... ouch.

Doesn't matter when her keepaway game is so good.

Oh wow... after checking some videos, Naoto seems to be the most fragile so far with 8k... ouch.

I tested it a little too, and I'm fairly sure this is correct. Around 8k it seems.

Central hijiri's kanji is showing some really interesting new things.

Did I see the shout thing combo into the command throw? Also using lightning to pin down for an air drop grab is pretty clever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PdQYoSIT0Q#t=11m34s

Just putting this here to showcase something really dumb I saw. Naoto did Hamaon (or whatever it's called) as a wakeup attack which locked down Chie, then, seeing as she seems to get free mixup off of it, hits with an over head and as the IK also hits Chie as well, this triggers the fate IK too.

Goddamn if I wasn't already sold on using this character already, but that seems so so silly. This could possibly be used for some filthy comebacks if you tick the fate counter down fast enough, add that in with the free extra meter on awakening and man it almost seems too good in theory :lol:

^^ That shit was fuckin dirty.

Another thing to note is that the animation of Hamaon partially covers up the sprites, making the mixup really hard to see.

Godammit why can't I play Naoto already :gonk:

I wonder if all the hits of hama are low.

They're not, you see Chie stand up once or twice whilst she was blocking it.

Just out of curiosity can you even cast hamaon or mudo without the fate counter being at zero? I have a feeling you could just use it for mixups in general since it keeps the opponent in place, I have seen Yukiko players do similar things with maragidyne to either go for mixups or heal with dia.

Yes you can. Mudoon hits like normal, but does no damage (the "miss" from P4 appears). Haven't seen Hamaon used in a combo, but I assume it would be more useful for mix-up anyway.

That's pretty legit, to have uses outside of IK is pretty cool.