Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

Err, what are you basing your judgement on? Are you playing the game?

I've asked a few other players from Japan and they basically said she was looking really strong right now. The really questionable part is that she's lower than Akihiko... Jiyuna even seems to think he's bad right now? I haven't heard anyone saying anything good about him and I don't think we've seen anything good out of him either.

I certainly could be wrong, would be nice to hear a little more about why they placed those two where they did. Nothing I'd seen or heard until that tier list would have suggested to me that Yukiko was anything less than Strong tier.

The game actually seems pretty balanced to me. Akihiko doesn't really look bad at all to me, it looks like the Teddie players are having more difficulty.

Seems way too early to be arguing tiers at this point guys.

I'm more interested in what characters that people think have the most potential for the future.

I REALLY hope Chie doesn't end up too strong in the long run though. I had made a promise months ago that I would play her if she was the best. I wanted to play her then and thought she would be broken but now I'm interested in other characters.

I would hope at least Teddie and Aki get some more stuff discovered when the console version gets released. Teddie seems like he has potential but is probably limited by what item he gets like other RNG-based characters.

I don't care how good Chie is, I'm still gonna play her.

This is a great attitude to have, I wish more people thought like this sometimes.

I think I've finally decided upon the character I want to play. I'm thinking about maining Yukiko, if not her than Teddie or Mitsuru.

I just hope to god that no other Yukiko players pick the Chidori palette on me.

Yukiko will definitely be a good character in the long run, the only area of her game that has me worried right now is damage and I have a feeling once more Yukikos start abusing fire amp that won't be as big a problem. I'm not too worried about any character being overpowered it's just that some characters are easier to figure out early on, hence kanji and chie looking so good (not to say they aren't great characters).

So Yukiko's BGM was just released. God, as a huge music buff, the wait for Mitsuru's and Naoto's theme to be ripped and released is so excruciating.

You'd think that the people who first started with Yu's theme would straight up rip the rest of the themes. :(

Probably covered already, but who did the soundtrack, anyway? They should've just sent Ishiwatari and Meguro to the studio with a bunch of rum or something. Don't come back 'til you're done.

^I'm pretty sure Meguro did it, but no word on if Ishiwatari helped. It'd be awesome (and not surprising) if some sort of collaboration b/t the 2 happened though.

Anyways, just as a confirmation for anyone who's still unsure, Naoto getting IK off a defensive burst was due to Kaqn not teching. After studying other times Hamaon has been combo'd into, it's clear that Hamaon does 17 hits. So that should put the worries of combo-ing off a defensive burst to rest.

Was looking at some videos and got me thinking. We know that going into awakening gives you a defensive boost i.e. guts. My question is if that defensive boost is different for all characters or if it's just a set amount?

shouldn't not teching cause the combo meter to turn yellow?

If anything I'm guessing it's like BB, where if you stay on the ground too long the opponent can pick you up for a new combo, thus resetting the combo gauge.

Was looking at some videos and got me thinking. We know that going into awakening gives you a defensive boost i.e. guts. My question is if that defensive boost is different for all characters or if it's just a set amount?

Its a set amount reduction for anyone. The only thing thats different is super cancels/R-actions. Same percent of your max health used, but a different amount based on the max health the character has.

Played 500+ games, Top PSR in Yukiko (yahhhhhhh

Tier list in my opinion

A: Everybody

TBH character potential are about the same and reason why so many Yu, Chie and Mitsuru is because they are relatively much easier to play

Tier list in my opinion

TBH character potential are about the same and reason why so many Yu, Chie and Mitsuru is because they are relatively much easier to play

Too early for tier list, the game just came out.

Though for all characters to be A tier (i.e. really balanced) from the first try/ first iteration of the game is amazing.

Tier list in my opinion

Good stuff Stun, btw nice job in the Alpha station vids, you repped Yukiko very well, I was very impressed, mad props.

Tier list in my opinion

This is great news thanks. Nice to have some input from someone who has experience.

Patch soon o:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/139/G013961/20120314016/

Too early for tier list, the game just came out.

Though for all characters to be A tier (i.e. really balanced) from the first try/ first iteration of the game is amazing.

He's actually played the game...going to have to go with his verdict. Even though he was just giving a general idea. Its not like every other FG doesnt get early "tier lists" within 48 hours. It's been about 2 weeks so impressions at this point aren't exactly strange.

it mentions things like jumps being changed (i think) chie's charge time being changed, naoto's mudoon being changed and stuff... not really a japanese speaker, so i can't comment too mcuh