Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

I would assume just fixing glitches or some minor balance changes but this is arksys so who knows. If anything I'm sure there will be at least one major balance patch before the console release.

- During a player's ground wake up at the end of the animation (when the character is touching the ground after getting up) even if he doesn't guard in the first three frames he is still invincible to throws.

- Again, during ground's wake up "landing" phase or during a jump landind phase if the player holds jump-back the character will jump again rather than guarding (in case the opponent is attacking).

- Depending on the move performed right after his Sukakaja super, Yosuke won't remain stiff/unable to move as he lands on ground at the end of Sukukaja's animation.

- Version A of Chie's Charge Super doesn't stack up to the MAX anymore.

- Fixed a problem where Yukiko's fan couldn't be easily seen in a specific stage.

- Again regarding Yukiko, both when doing 5C>5D or 2C>2D it is not possible anymore to cancel it into the sweep (2+A+B) or into the All-Out Rush (A+B).

- An additional input is still needed to provoke an explosion when Teddie performs the D air version of his Tomahawk close to the ground.

- Regarding Naoto, they corrected a problem where the timing of her Mudoon IK used at the end of a combo was somehow unnatural (:psyduck:)

- Fixed a typo in the title

I'm guessing that the mudoon thing is sometimes when her opponents will fall/bounce off before the full animation.

Yosuke's theme is released this time? Ugh, waiting for the themes I want to hear is not healthy for me. :v:

I'm guessing that the mudoon thing is sometimes when her opponents will fall/bounce off before the full animation.

That's king of a shame if so, it's hilarious when that happens. It's probably a good thing to fix though, depending on what causes it.

- Version A of Chie's Charge Super doesn't stack up to the MAX anymore.

Anyone know what the differences are between the versions of this super otherwise?

heya, so i got to play a bit (im in japan for about 2 weeks), and heres some random notes ive noticed:

chie can dash cancel her 5B (i thiiiink). can control j.D's direction by holding up and down during it. charge super A version only gets half hte charge bar. B version gets full bar. I assume A is faster or something, didnt see ppl use B during combos.

labrys has an axe icon by her SP gauge taht changes colors during hte match she also glows the appropriate color (very faint glow). ive seen it change colors as she hits hte opponent and when she gets hit. not sure what it does, but jiyuna says it might have something to do with elements. interestingly enough, she only has this icon before she gets her boss Persona

aigis orgia mode notes:

gets eddies air dash (but only for forward air dash), air back dash is just up and back

press 6 while doing ground normals to cancel into a low air dash (like short hop low). this is how we see her do those short hop mixups.

orgia mode slowly drains over time, but also removes a chunk when you do an airdash or the previously mentioned low air dash. so it:s just like valk's wolf mode

aigis also has a j.2B attack where she drops mines out of her back and blow up almost immediately, i guess its a crossup move like hazamas j.2C or zappas j.H. i honestly never saw anyone use this attack, only found this out when i was mashing with her.

kanji can hold 5C, 2C to delay them. Hold it long enough and it turns into a feint (feels too slow to be that useful tho)

kanji can also delay j.C this way, but can not feint it like 5C and 2C

mitsuru do 6AB or 4AB to make her move in that direction, just like 4/5/6B

can cancel 5C into specials, non-A normals, 5AB, 2AB. didn:t try going into roll/short hop

can charge 46B, but not hte other 2 versions

hold 2AB for a sweep feint

can delay kick of 236236A/B by holding down button. you can charge it (no idea what it does), but then it wont combo

narukami's dive kick has landing recovery. can only combo if its CH or crouching hit. dont remember if it hits high or not.

random system notes

super jump is like GG: you can not double jump after super jumping, but you can air dash

CH does 10% extra damage. dont know if its just hte first attack or all hits in teh combo.

Chie can dash Cancel her 5B? The thing that starts her Fatal combos?

I haven't seen any player do that yet, but I wonder how useful it would actually be.

snip
Nice to hear you're playing the game already. What arcade did you play it in?

Anyway what I'm curious about is how do you feel about the game not having "auto correct" and being required to Air Turn when your back is turned to the enemy? Is it something this game benefits from, needs, or it virtually has no real effect whatsoever and it's just something we have to deal with when we play? And can you play Naoto for me please sometime later? :kitty:

i think manual air turn is a neat idea. at the very least it means everyone gets a crossup for free. can also be used to do interesting things like kanji can do his air-to-ground throw the opposite direction to stop ppl from just running under him.

i doubt i:ll play naoto, im learning more by watching than playing tbh.

in hte end i think this game is fun, but like most first versions of a game, its pretty... abusable haha. everyone seems to stand a decent chance tho, so i guess it kinda works out? i like hte system for hte most part, so i hope they continue with this and fix the char imbalances/stupid stuff in future games/patches.

also, i think the sprites are a bit bigger than bb's... the sprites seemed more detailed, or maybe theyre just getting better at working at this resolution.

okay, im leaving the net cafe, so no more from me for a while.

kanji can hold 5C, 2C to delay them. Hold it long enough and it turns into a feint (feels too slow to be that useful tho)

kanji can also delay j.C this way, but can not feint it like 5C and 2C

Huh, I knew about the 5C feint and jC delay, but didn't know about 2C, cool. Does he get any buffs on these moves if he holds them long enough, like Tager's 6A or B Sledge? Maybe jC gets something like that instead of a feint.

labrys has an axe icon by her SP gauge taht changes colors during hte match she also glows the appropriate color (very faint glow). ive seen it change colors as she hits hte opponent and when she gets hit. not sure what it does, but jiyuna says it might have something to do with elements. interestingly enough, she only has this icon before she gets her boss Persona

I wonder if this was patched in with the recent patch? In the arcade video of Yukiko fighting her from a few weeks ago, there was no axe symbol. In the character videos posted on the P4U website a week or so after that video, the axe symbol was there.

I think aigis's hard knockdown thing is just a part of her auto combo

Auto combos are from 5A only. 2A won't trigger it. I think most ppl are limited to three 2As in a chain.

Also I swear every super in this game has startup invul.

Not sure if its been mentioned before but apparently quite a few supers are air unblockable as well as some normals. If I remember right Jiyuna said on stream that 2B was universally air unblockable though I'm curious if it might just be trip guard.

Not every 2B is AUB but most are. Only exception I can think of is aigis

Cool, one more P3 character, just give me Yukari, Junpei, and maybe even Metis and I'm set. I really want to see how they turned out after the time skip. :)