Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

I really don't know where people are getting that Naoto is considered the worst character if anything she is just outside top tier.

The only reason I can see why is because they saw her bad health and jumped to conclusions.

Also I think that one Megidolaon is Elizabeth's IK.

I really don't know where people are getting that Naoto is considered the worst character if anything she is just outside top tier.

What? By far not, with the stuff found out at this point at least; damage is subpar and she explodes on contact - she can't even make full use of the boosted awakening defense half of the time. She's not bad per se, but worse compared to everyone else sans Yukiko. This is from JP players (although I do agree with them - but that won't stop me from playing her).

That said, it'll probably take a while to see Naoto develop further because there are barely any 700+ PSR Naotos.

What? By far not, with the stuff found out at this point at least; damage is subpar and she explodes on contact - she can't even make full use of the boosted awakening defense half of the time. She's not bad per se, but worse compared to everyone else sans Yukiko. This is from JP players (although I do agree with them - but that won't stop me from playing her).

That said, it'll probably take a while to see Naoto develop further because there are barely any 700+ PSR Naotos.

I'm not sure what videos you are watching but Naoto is doing really good damage to the point where most Naotos are not even relying on her ik setups since a lot of the time you can just do a combo and set traps for oki. She also has some of the best run away in the game with traps, shooting stance, and her persona normals are incredible. She also has some of the best comeback potential in the game thanks to ik. Honestly I just dont see an argument for Naoto being low tier. Even Akihiko and Yukiko who I called low tier earlier are developing rapidly and moving up in the ranks so to rank Naoto below them is just crazy.

She's not bad per se, but worse compared to everyone else sans Yukiko.

The only characters that I'd say are better than Naoto are Mitsuru, Chie and Narukami. She's either just as good or better than everyone else.

If you think Naoto's worse than Teddie then I'm guessing you haven't been paying attention to him that much. He struggles against everyone.

I didn't actually think of Teddie because there's barely any footage of him - but the last time I've seen him he's been wrecking havoc. I don't think he's in a bad spot, though.

I'm not sure what videos you are watching but Naoto is doing really good damage to the point where most Naotos are not even relying on her ik setups since a lot of the time you can just do a combo and set traps for oki. She also has some of the best run away in the game with traps, shooting stance, and her persona normals are incredible. She also has some of the best comeback potential in the game thanks to ik. Honestly I just dont see an argument for Naoto being low tier. Even Akihiko and Yukiko who I called low tier earlier are developing rapidly and moving up in the ranks so to rank Naoto below them is just crazy.

Again - what damage? Everyone does more than her. If you want oki, you're giving up damage too since you can't go with an air ender. And you honestly consider her IK to be comeback potential...? Have fun getting FCed after using it.

Naoto still has her incredible keep away game and amazing persona normals. Shooting stance and her rolls (especially EXs) seem to be really really good too. Her damage doesn't really seem that bad in comparison to everyone else's and she can still tick down the fate timer pretty easily if you dedicate the effort to it. So what if she is 'bad' though? There's no sense complaining about because this game looks amazingly balanced so far, everyone is viable in some way.

It also doesn't help that she is one of the more complex characters to play. Give it time dude.

She gets 2-3k midscreen and even more in the corner especially with the mudo loop. And of course you are going to give up damage for oki that almost always how it works not to mention as naoto you should probably already have traps set up. As for IK if you are smart about it you should be slowly going for it as the match goes on and the only reason you should be getting FC'd after using it is if you are throwing it out randomly at which point you deserve it. I'm not really sure what more you want out of a character. You're biggest complaint with Naoto seems to be damage which isn't what she is about. Naoto is about abusing her gun and traps and keeping the opponent locked down while getting consistent damage and the occasional big corner combo. She has more tools than almost any character in the game and therefore has to trade off a little in the damage and health. I still think her damage is decent for her character type plus people will keep finding new combos as time goes on. Honestly I think you are the only person who thinks of Naoto as anywhere near low tier.

It's like people are ignoring that I even said "right now" or the sort several times. lol

It also doesn't help that she is one of the more complex characters to play. Give it time dude.

:D

It's like people are ignoring that I even said "right now" or the sort several times. lol

not to mention that people forget that being considered the "worst" of the cast right now, doesnt mean that she sucks or has unwinnable matches or that she will keep being the worst in the future, just that compared to the rest she "struggles" more, wich is reasonable, considering that she requires more work to start her shit, is always the same on every game, complex characters are considering weak at the begining, specially if they remain unexplored for a time

anyone remember how carl was considerd low tier at the begining of BBCT? or how HOS and Baiken were considered top tiers at the begining of GGAC?

also, its like people dont have the minimum amount of reading comprehension, and understanding of context

even if the game is balanced, there is going to be one that is stronger, and one that is weaker, even if the diference is that the stronger has pure 6:4 matches in his favor, and the worst has 4:6 against him

Which is what I was saying - being the worst doesn't mean bad since there'll always be a worst.

Honestly I think you are the only person who thinks of Naoto as anywhere near low tier.

This is from JP players

why did I even try

I'm sorry I came off hostile like that but you mind pointing to where the players said that Naoto was bottom? I'm honestly curious, though I'm assuming it was BBS. Been listening to Jiyuna and he has been saying the Japanese opinion has been almost the exact opposite hence the confusion. Keep in mind the way you phrased it made it seem like you thought Naoto is low tier period, when I think of tiers I usually think of overall potential of a character not where they happen to be at this point in the game. I wasn't trying to offend you and if I did I apologize for that I just think you are really selling your character short, wouldn't be surprised if she overtook Narukami in top 3 tbh.

What the hell are you talking about? All the Japanese tier lists I've seen have put Naoto high tier, just below the top 3 alongside Kanji. She's no Mitsuru, but who is?

Anyone who puts her below Akihiko on a tier list is not to be trusted.

I've seen Naoto placed consistently in A-/B recently. Kanji is all over the place, same as Teddie.

It doesn't even matter because it's out for barely a month.

Naoto's placement varies, but I have never seen her placed below Aigis, Teddie, Akihiko or Yukiko. At worst she ends up about the same level as Aigis and Teddie. (When they're placed around A tier.)

No way she's as bad as Akihiko though.

This is theory fighter. People ignore everything about everything except what they want to be true.

Then why did you even jump to calling Naoto low tier in the first place lol? Not trying to start anything its just funny.

Because that's what I've been seeing and I forgot that this is DL, where shitstorms start brewing whenever you mention anything that could be associated with tiers.

Maybe you could link to where you've been finding this info? I just find it really hard to believe people are seriously placing her in B tier.

If you're coming to a website that discusses a fighting game then obviously people are going to discuss the strengths and weakness's of different characters. Granted I got a little caught up in the debate but there is nothing wrong with discussing tiers since it can bring new insight into the character.

Character ranking thread on JBBS. They seem to have posted quite a bit though, my "right now" should've been "earlier" (and even then, I was wrong because it was Yukiko - who I didn't pay much attention to since she was pretty much always last...) but they're still placing her somewhat low.