Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

Watching the video her specials appear to all be miniature versions of the rest of the casts Supers.

@0:46; 1:00 - purple magneto beam = Yu's lighting

@0:48 - tornado legs = Yosuke's torndado

@0:52; 1:36; - Thanatos rushes the oponent = Kanji-esque take-mikazuchi rush

@2:30 - blue fire= Yukiko's maragidyne

also her grabs appear to inflict staus ailments based off what tarot she tosses you into (ie: random)

the devil : green status ailment

death: purple status ailment

i'm not too sure what's what with those ailments so i leave those to someone else

and of course: mediarahan

that's all i got from that vid. so far very impressed

Since we still don't have a shadow labrys section, I'll just dump this here:

Labrys' "other self". Unconsciously suppressed by Labrys, it went out of control and broke away from Labrys' real body and became a monster.

The monster of Greek mythology, Asterios, appears as a result of gaining power from going out of control. It appears normally, but it is actually a part of Shadow Labrys' body.

Main Weapon: Axe

Type: 'Simultaneous Attacks' type

With Asterios, a variety of simultaneous attacks is possible! Attacks are vastly destructive and have an overwhelming strength!

translation of the atlus website flash profile thing. messy english mock-up version here.

Aside from the vastly different Persona, does Shadow Labrys have anything else different from normal Labrys? Normals, specials, stuff like that.

From what I've seen in Arcade mode Asterios is always out which would make Shadow Labrys the "Shadow" archetype (lol get it). That already warrants a drastic change in playstyle.

From what I've seen in Arcade mode Asterios is always out which would make Shadow Labrys the "Shadow" archetype (lol get it). That already warrants a drastic change in playstyle.

OOOH Now you got me interested

I always thought the persona series was severely over rated. Looks like I'm going to have to buy both 3 and 4

It's just I don't want a repeat of kh2, which was supposed to be a great game, but the first one ended up being much much better for me

I always thought the persona series was severely over rated. Looks like I'm going to have to buy both 3 and 4

It's just I don't want a repeat of kh2, which was supposed to be a great game, but the first one ended up being much much better for me

I thought P4 was a little better than P3 in my honest opinion, mostly for the full control of all your party members in combat. Both really great though.

I know Elizabeth is supposed to release next week, but damn, that seems so long right now.

That's not bad! That reminds me, does Shadow Labrys have a release date?

new elizabeth vid shows her showing off naoto's hamaon and mudoon, both instant kills without a skull counter, i beleive the uses them as a counter-super instead

Aside from the vastly different Persona, does Shadow Labrys have anything else different from normal Labrys? Normals, specials, stuff like that.

Bit late, but... her normals are similar, but her specials are almost all different, seeing as how Labrys' specials revolve around summoning Ariadne, while Shadow Labrys' specials revolve around using Asterios.

hey guys back from japan. i don't have much else to report, so i'll just describe the score attack versions of chars that i saw:

yosuke: perma speed install

yukiko: perma fire break, fire level 10, fans thrown in multiple directions at once

kanji: command grab did like 6k

chie: perma level 3 charge

mitsuru: all specials freeze and charm on hit

akihiko: perma cyclone lv 3, perma thunder fist

teddie: teddie circus super goes across the screen 3 times massive damage, don't recall if you needed to be in awakening to use or not, status effects didn't go away if you hit him (i think?)

naoto: i think more skulls removed on stuff? really don't recall

aigis: didn't see

narukami: didn't see

labrys: didn't see

also everyone probably had a hp and damage boost

Im really puzzled about Shadow Labrys, if she's "supposed" to be the "puppet" character of P4, I cant picture her fighting alongside that huge persona which takes about 1/3 of the screen.

For anyone who overlooked the Shadow Labrys info earlier, I guess I'll repost the image.

oBLJS.jpg

click for uncropped version

It's a mock-up, before you ask for an English site link.

Ahh, I see. Thanks Tari. Guess I missed this pic. It also answers the question of when she's coming out as well.

I'm interested in seeing more of her, I guess I'm having a hard time understanding how she'll work competitively. Asterios looks kinda... big.

I have the feeling Shadow Labrys is gonna be banned in tournaments, mostly because of Asterios. But it's too soon to tell. The game's gonna kick ass either way.

I have the feeling Shadow Labrys is gonna be banned in tournaments, mostly because of Asterios. But it's too soon to tell. The game's gonna kick ass either way.

She has as likely a chance to be banned in a P4U tournament as, say, Carl in a BB tournament, I'd think. Everyone has a Persona, anyway, and a couple of them have moves that are somewhat autonomous.

Elizabeth having "The Battle for Everyone's Souls" as her theme makes me really want to sub her.

You know what? Screw it I love everyone in this game unlike BB where I dislike a large amount of the cast. I'll try everyone at least once.