Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

lol, it cant be that bad :O

We can't simply tell you, we need to find the archive to show you. Seriously, day 1 grappler syndrome was rampant as heck.

Kanji and Mitsuru Def. OP.. Does anybody know what Marin Karin do to the character if they get hit? It seems like each character that was shown have a wake-up reversal super as well. It's looking CT/CS1 at the moment.

Still not sure how I feel about seeing Kanji command grab doing 40% on some characters but again day 1 grappler syndrome so im not too worried, though the invincibility on ex and super grab does look pretty stupid.

Also on the topic of status effects what exactly does the paralysis from Kanji's persona do? Right now it looks like it stops the opponent from inputting attacks or stops them from moving completely. Curious if Yu is capable of doing this as well.

I'm probably gonna be trying out Youske, Akihiko and Mitsuru before anyone else. Akihiko is definitely looking like my main though. So much style...

We can't simply tell you, we need to find the archive to show you. Seriously, day 1 grappler syndrome was rampant as heck.

well the good part is that this means that we are having asw quality grapplers again :3, bb its the ony one so far were they deliberately made the grappler weak

So um, after watching the stream, I am hype to try out the game, but I'm a little miffed at the fact that Kanji seemed to just outdamage every character by such a large margin. I hope as time goes on everyone learns some broke ass combos with every other character to even that damage gap out.

Added the Teddie videos to the Teddie thread here, but I can't seem to access MM at the moment to do it there, too. Guess I'll do it later.

@Luna: He's the grappler character. >.>;

@Luna: He's the grappler character. >.>;

So is Tager, but he's not the only one who can do 5k, that's my point.

I'll feel better after I see what every other character can do, also I'm partly just salty that I sat through at least 10 Kanji mirrors @w@

So um, after watching the stream, I am hype to try out the game, but I'm a little miffed at the fact that Kanji seemed to just outdamage every character by such a large margin. I hope as time goes on everyone learns some broke ass combos with every other character to even that damage gap out.

I'm more afraid of the shock status effect than his damage. Not being able to move while he can just waltz up and mutilate his opponent seems all kinds of horrifying.

So is Tager, but he's not the only one who can do 5k, that's my point.

I'll feel better after I see what every other character can do, also I'm partly just salty that I sat through at least 10 Kanji mirrors @w@

Hahaha. I just meant it's like a day 1 grappler thing to always do more damage, right? :P

Officially rehyped for this game. Naoto is is boss. I"ll fill Kanji with bullets~

Also... Naoto's traps look super predictable. >_>

Hahaha. I just meant it's like a day 1 grappler thing to always do more damage, right? :P

Yeah, that's what I was telling myself too.

Overall I am really impressed with what the other players came up with in such a short amount of time, the Chie combos I saw made me hype to experiment @w@

Our site just had a bit of server issues, its fine now Tari lol.

Yeah, got on and edited the thread there already, haha.

I'm never sure when it's a website having issues or when it's my router being ridiculous. xD

http://youtu.be/qUPVg49g2yE?t=1m14s

wierd, i think mitsuru does a her DP (she tuns taht orange color), but it doesn't come out, like it canceled into block when naoto's attack touches her. She then DPs a second time (and we see the orange color again) and hits her. Look at mitsuru's blue life, it grows in 2 separate chunks. what's going on here? a bug? something involving awakenings?

Well Mitsuru is backed into a Megido trap and when it activates, thats the moment she lost that health. It must have something to do with Naoto's trap, either the trap canceled the frames, or maybe that blue health was chip from it (probably not but you never know). Either way, that trap was the cause of what happened

http://youtu.be/qUPVg49g2yE?t=1m14s

wierd, i think mitsuru does a her DP (she tuns taht orange color), but it doesn't come out, like it canceled into block when naoto's attack touches her. She then DPs a second time (and we see the orange color again) and hits her. Look at mitsuru's blue life, it grows in 2 separate chunks. what's going on here? a bug? something involving awakenings?

From what I've noticed characters flash gold like that whenever they go into Awakening. The timing seems to fit. Why the blue health? ...I dunno either.

ah yes taht makes sense, they do flash orange when they go into awakening, and hte trap caused the blue life which pushed mitsuru into awakening. okay nm then

I'm almost positive that the DP move mitsuru does is her R action which uses health each time but leaves recoverable blue health after you use it. I though it was her up down charge move at first but that move is called bufudyne while the R action is called moonlight so the names kinda speak for themselves. Mitsuru tried to do it once, got hit by the trap, and lost health. She did it again and hit this time but still lost blue health because it was an R action.